• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something funny I heard on Seattle sports talk this morning

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the morning guys said based on Harbaughs team having a perfect record after being beat the previous week that it might be better if the 49ers actually win on Sun rather then lose. I though this was kind of ridiculous I know if I was a Seattle fan I would be hoping the 9ers lose regardless.
While it is impressive that we have never lost 2 in a row with Harb's at the helm I would still feel much more comfortable going into Centurylink being 10-3-1.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the morning guys said based on Harbaughs team having a perfect record after being beat the previous week that it might be better if the 49ers actually win on Sun rather then lose. I though this was kind of ridiculous I know if I was a Seattle fan I would be hoping the 9ers lose regardless.
While it is impressive that we have never lost 2 in a row with Harb's at the helm I would still feel much more comfortable going into Centurylink being 10-3-1.

They probably are treating this game as their Super Bowl, like some non-bowl college teams treat rivals. Win this game at all costs, even if it means rooting for the other team to win, despite that hurting your division chances. If I were a Hawk fan, I would use the fact that the Niners don't lose twice in a row as a silver lining if SF won, but I wouldn't be rooting for that if I were a Seattle fan. Maybe they don't know the significance that two losses by us (and wins by them) would have? (I don't know the morning guy, so I can't assume he knows what he is talking about - except sports radio hosts should.)

OT: I am not the best fast typist, I tend to write Hacks instead of Hawks, by accident. Freudian slip, I guess?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is simply ridiculous to me. If they were smart they would be cheering for us to lose every game from here on out.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did you hear the talk show host that said the Hawks are more likely to win the division than not? I believe he also said that the Hawks have a 50% chance to be the number 2 seed.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear the talk show host that said the Hawks are more likely to win the division than not? I believe he also said that the Hawks have a 50% chance to be the number 2 seed.

They really do, every day they bring on Jason Locanforna<however its spelled> and gush over his pick that the Hawks will win the NFC West. Honestly its not that far fetched that the Hawks win out and the Niners drop these next two games when you look at the schedule, we really put ourselves in a shitty spot botching those two Rams games.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If we win this week, the Hawks won't catch us. It would take a loss to the Cards at home for them to win the division.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically they know we're the better team and wants any advantage they might get

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They need to be worried about the Bills as that's a classic trap game.

Going on the road to the East Coast after a big, easy win with a huge division game the following week is a classic setup for a trap game.

Seattle should win this Sunday but I wouldn't consider it much of a shock if they don't.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire sports media in Seattle is talking about winning the division and the number two seed. I will find it hilarious if they lose to Buffalo, but there is a very real possibility we lose the division to them -- they are favored in Buffalo and we aren't favored against New England and the game on the 23rd they might be favored as well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Fitzpatrick will beat down the birds....

or whatever.... :hdn:

For our sanity(as fans), we need to win out IMO, not only to secure the playoff spot(1 win) but to secure the division as well as the #2 with a chance of slipping into the #1 should the Falcons falter.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Fitzpatrick will beat down the birds....

or whatever.... :hdn:

For our sanity(as fans), we need to win out IMO, not only to secure the playoff spot(1 win) but to secure the division as well as the #2 with a chance of slipping into the #1 should the Falcons falter.

That is possible, they don't have an easy schedule coming up.

Giants
@Lions
Bucs

I see them losing to the Giants, most likely will beat the bucs and lions but I think the bucs have a very good chance at beating them

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at the two teams'chedules I would not be surprised at all if the Seahawks win the division

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The entire sports media in Seattle is talking about winning the division and the number two seed. I will find it hilarious if they lose to Buffalo, but there is a very real possibility we lose the division to them -- they are favored in Buffalo and we aren't favored against New England and the game on the 23rd they might be favored as well.

The number 2 seed? That's not gonna happen unless the Pack loses, and I don't really see that happening right now, even with their injuries.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're gonna go to seattle, kick their ass and win the division.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a good chance it will come down to the game in Seattle. Unless we win this week.

winning this week doesn't eliminate the seahawks from winning the division. It gurantees us a playoff spot but not division IIRC.

If the seahawks "lose" to the bills this week, then I think one more win in the next 3 after a pats "win" would give us the divison... well if we beat the seahawks i think we win the division no matter what happened this week or the weeks afterwards.

Win this SNF, then win the next SNF and i believe we'd win the division.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're gonna go to seattle, kick their ass and win the division.

91198_o.gif

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
winning this week doesn't eliminate the seahawks from winning the division. It gurantees us a playoff spot but not division IIRC.

If the seahawks "lose" to the bills this week, then I think one more win in the next 3 after a pats "win" would give us the divison... well if we beat the seahawks i think we win the division no matter what happened this week or the weeks afterwards.

Win this SNF, then win the next SNF and i believe we'd win the division.

For Seattle to overtake the division they would need to beat us and for us to lose to the Pats or Cards.

So beating the Pats doesn't guarantee the division but I don't see us losing to the Cardinals the way they are playing now especially if we have something to play for.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think the seapidgins are gonna lose to the rams. fitzpatrick is always due for a big game, and with a depleted secondary i could see him putting up some points against the pidgins.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are 8-5, we're 9-3-1 (Fucking Rams), so we're 1 1/2 games ahead of them. If we win Sunday night or the Seahawks lose, we're 1 1/2 games ahead with 2 to play. Our magic number is 2, so any combo of Seahawk losses or 49er victories equaling 2 gives us the division.