• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Positives

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's getting ugly in here.

1.) Danny Boyle looked like the Boyler from old. He stepped up in a huge way last night. Hopefully this can be a game that catapults his confidence and play for the rest of the season.

2.) Logan Couture continues to make amazing plays in clutch moments. Sure we got a break with the clearing attempt hitting the ref, but still, what an amazing display of hand-eye coordination and the zone awareness to find an open Marleau.

.....and my own rumblings.

1.) Jeremy Roenick is such a fucking pussy. Dude can call out some players but not his friends? I realize he doesn't like Patty (and that's all fine and dandy). But really bro? I didn't even know Jumbo played last night and he just gets a free pass because he's your buddy? Why not call out the Sharks leadership last night? Instead of just saying "they need more from Marleau". Perfect opportunity to do so and couldn't do it.

2.) Milbury is an idiot and could probably go down as one of the WORST GM's of all time.....but I sure am glad he said what he did last night in-between periods. Nothing like National TV comments like that to get the pot stirring.

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Milbury say?

I FF-ed through intermissions since I was catching up on the DVR.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's getting ugly in here.

1.) Danny Boyle looked like the Boyler from old. He stepped up in a huge way last night. Hopefully this can be a game that catapults his confidence and play for the rest of the season.

2.) Logan Couture continues to make amazing plays in clutch moments. Sure we got a break with the clearing attempt hitting the ref, but still, what an amazing display of hand-eye coordination and the zone awareness to find an open Marleau.

.....and my own rumblings.

1.) Jeremy Roenick is such a fucking pussy. Dude can call out some players but not his friends? I realize he doesn't like Patty (and that's all fine and dandy). But really bro? I didn't even know Jumbo played last night and he just gets a free pass because he's your buddy? Why not call out the Sharks leadership last night? Instead of just saying "they need more from Marleau". Perfect opportunity to do so and couldn't do it.

2.) Milbury is an idiot and could probably go down as one of the WORST GM's of all time.....but I sure am glad he said what he did last night in-between periods. Nothing like National TV comments like that to get the pot stirring.

What did Milbury say?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 2nd Period, the other two talking heads were saying that the Sharks will carry a 2-1 lead going into the 3rd period.

Milbury said [paraphrased] "yeah but they look completely unintersted out there. Something has to change, whether it's a big trade or a coaching change or both".

Something to that effect anyway.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 2nd Period, the other two talking heads were saying that the Sharks will carry a 2-1 lead going into the 3rd period.

Milbury said [paraphrased] "yeah but they look completely unintersted out there. Something has to change, whether it's a big trade or a coaching change or both".

Something to that effect anyway.

Milbury & Jones said sharks suck, but in a nicer way

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a recap on what was said during the telecast:

Sharks' McLellan on his job safety: 'Not concerned one bit' - San Jose Mercury News

Keith Jones:

"It's alarming to see how flat their stars are in this game"

Mike Milbury:

"[this team] needs a kick in the rear end."

Later, he expressed sympathy for McLellan, who he said was obviously "doing whatever he can to stimulate a little brain wave activity" among the Sharks players.

"I don't know how to explain the flatness of his team, but it's so apparent...This is a team that looks very lethargic."

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

I have been so drunk since school got out that I haven't even noticed the Sharks are doing bad.