• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Of McCarthy's Decisions Are Head Scratchers

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still needed the ball back.

More easy to imagine is Atlanta actually making a play on the onside kick.

If we get the 2 point conversion , sure it would have changed the way the rest of the game was played , but we wouldn’t have been kicking an onside kick. We would have kicked the ball to Atlanta with 2 minutes left and would have had to rely on the defense.

Notice my first sentence - getting it would have changed the way we played. If we wait until the second time to go for 2 - If we get it , we kick deep. If we don’t we onside kick.

A lot of if games here I know. If though we get it the first time , maybe we run more clock and tie the game.

Now , I’m one that thought the defense was OK besides the pass rush. I still would not want to kick the ball to Atl with 2 minutes left.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get the 2 point conversion , sure it would have changed the way the rest of the game was played , but we wouldn’t have been kicking an onside kick. We would have kicked the ball to Atlanta with 2 minutes left and would have had to rely on the defense.

Notice my first sentence - getting it would have changed the way we played. If we wait until the second time to go for 2 - If we get it , we kick deep. If we don’t we onside kick.

A lot of if games here I know. If though we get it the first time , maybe we run more clock and tie the game.

Now , I’m one that thought the defense was OK besides the pass rush. I still would not want to kick the ball to Atl with 2 minutes left.
Still the wrong decision to my thinking.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would have been a little scary for sure, but the game would have been tied. Regardless of the ultimate outcome, that's better than having to be successful on an onside kick attempt and go down and kick a FG ourselves

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is a breath of fresh air over our last coach.

Ask any Packer fan if they're happy with the new coach....................................oh, wait......................

• Haha
Reactions: GNG

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost a cliche, that you never go for the 2 until you have to.

Pretty sure that's a Madden quote. I realize it's a different game today, but still..
Yeah, it is a bit counter intuitive and goes against the conventions we were all raised on, but it is the right move. This article explains it better than I can:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is a bit counter intuitive and goes against the conventions we were all raised on, but it is the right move. This article explains it better than I can:

Still disagree with it. It put them behind the 8 ball. Still needed 2 more possessions.

But better lucky than good I guess.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask any Packer fan if they're happy with the new coach....................................oh, wait......................
The Packer's new coach is really making a name for himself.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.

But it kind of does.

They way McCarthy had them all fired up and raring to go was not confidence inspiring.
As opposed to some of those mind numbing losses where we had to listen to Red Ball filibuster about staying with the process and “we did good things” and so on and so on and so on...

I’ll take this as a step in a new direction and allow the staff & team to grow.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to some of those mind numbing losses where we had to listen to Red Ball filibuster about staying with the process and “we did good things” and so on and so on and so on...

I’ll take this as a step in a new direction and allow the staff & team to grow.

Like I said I get it. Not trying to be a dick, I am one naturally...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

But that was a horrible start and a lucky win.

Another team like a Iggles or such and you'd be saying similar.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.

But it kind of does.

They way McCarthy had them all fired up and raring to go was not confidence inspiring.
Go on the Patriots board. You'll feel more comfortable there.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I get it. Not trying to be a dick, I am one naturally...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

But that was a horrible start and a lucky win.

Another team like a Iggles or such and you'd be saying similar.
It was a great come from behind win.