• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Of McCarthy's Decisions Are Head Scratchers

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win dumbo.

Never said it wasn't a win asshole. Never said I wouldn't take it asshole.

I said it was a horrible start, sloppy and the were lucky to pull it out.

If you think back 12 months and how shitty they were under Garrett at the start of games, not much has changed.

Sorry, I know thinking is hard for you...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it wasn't a win asshole. Never said I wouldn't take it asshole.

I said it was a horrible start, sloppy and the were lucky to pull it out.

If you think back 12 months and how shitty they were under Garrett at the start of games, not much has changed.

Sorry, I know thinking is hard for you...
Go back to the Patriots board if you can't support our team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask any Packer fan if they're happy with the new coach....................................oh, wait......................
Coaches can become stale over time. Plenty liked Mcarthy after the 2010 season. The Packers have not done much in playoffs since Mcarthy left and that is a fact. The eagles fans are already trying to throw Pedersen under the bus.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I got out of McCarthy's decisions.......

He has no faith in the COWBOY'S defense.
And the COWBOYS WERE LUCKY TO WIN THAT GAME.
Winning a game by getting an onside kick, REALLY ??????

I did admire what Dak, Zeke, Amari, and CeeDee did.
And what a great catch Michael Gallup made. ((brings back the memories of the catches made by Alvin Harper.)
And our TE Shultz was really good.......Proud of that guy.
And Trevon Diggs looks like a real deal CB.

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I got out of McCarthy's decisions.......

He has no faith in the COWBOY'S defense.
And the COWBOYS WERE LUCKY TO WIN THAT GAME.
Winning a game by getting an onside kick, REALLY ??????

I did admire what Dak, Zeke, Amari, and CeeDee did.
And what a great catch Michael Gallup made. ((brings back the memories of the catches made by Alvin Harper.)
And our TE Shultz was really good.......Proud of that guy.
And Trevon Diggs looks like a real deal CB.
The main reason for needing the on-side kick was all those turnovers and fake punt failures. I think if that happened last season the Cowboys lose by 3 scores.

The defense was put in terrible position and it is hard to generate a pass rush when you are behind by 20 points.

Offense needs better ball security and not do fake punts from the 24 yard line. Realistically the defense in bad shape because of all the injuries. Still this offense can score in bunches and proved that with two back up offensive tackles starting.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches can become stale over time. Plenty liked Mcarthy after the 2010 season. The Packers have not done much in playoffs since Mcarthy left and that is a fact. The eagles fans are already trying to throw Pedersen under the bus.
McCarthy has only been gone for one season and in that season the Packers were in the NFC Championship game. How much more do you want?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is playing lights out but not that defense, it can be lit up. This team can definitely be beaten.

My buddy & I were just discussing that very point. I’m gearing up for a shootout. And in that event, anything goes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my thoughts...you have arguably the best running back in the league and they decide to throw 50 times a game. Don't get me wrong I can see why they do...they have Dak and probably the best WR corp in the league but if you look at the top teams that run well...they win. If you look at the top teams that pass...they lose. When the Cowboys were 13-3 they were the best running team in the league. Easier said than done bc I hear they have some OL issues at the moment, guys injured, etc. I hear their defense is struggling but if you run the ball or at least try to more often...you keep your defense off the field---which is a huge key for defense that seems to be struggling. Run the ball and run early.

They ran it 24 times vs LAR
They ran it 26 times vs ATL
They only ran it 15 times against SEA.

That's just isn't enough when you have the best RB in the NFL. I get McCarthy threw it a lot in GB but they didn't always have a good running game. I think this is one of the main issues. Even with the injuries, I think they still have a pretty solid OL...am I crazy to think that? Just curious.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my thoughts...you have arguably the best running back in the league and they decide to throw 50 times a game. Don't get me wrong I can see why they do...they have Dak and probably the best WR corp in the league but if you look at the top teams that run well...they win. If you look at the top teams that pass...they lose. When the Cowboys were 13-3 they were the best running team in the league. Easier said than done bc I hear they have some OL issues at the moment, guys injured, etc. I hear their defense is struggling but if you run the ball or at least try to more often...you keep your defense off the field---which is a huge key for defense that seems to be struggling. Run the ball and run early.

They ran it 24 times vs LAR
They ran it 26 times vs ATL
They only ran it 15 times against SEA.

That's just isn't enough when you have the best RB in the NFL. I get McCarthy threw it a lot in GB but they didn't always have a good running game. I think this is one of the main issues. Even with the injuries, I think they still have a pretty solid OL...am I crazy to think that? Just curious.
1) Teams pass the ball when behind and run when ahead so your stat about team that pass losing is very misleading. Probably could just stop here because we were losing every game this year early.
2) We could not run the ball at all against Seattle and even the passes to Zeke were problems. The smartest thing we did was to not run the ball into a brick wall after that was obvious.
3) Zeke has been fantastic this year but he was bad on Sunday as was the OL when we tried to run
4) This team will go where Dak and the passing game take it. Zeke is great but our passing game is the key to our success and will be until the defense starts to be at least not disgusting.
5) Our defense stinks. If we run and fail we give the other team good field position against our defense. When we have passed we have moved the ball as Dak's league leading passing yards show
6) I'm a run the ball first and foremost if you can guy, but we may be the best passing team in the league this year. Why would we try to limit that?
7) we were the best running team in the league in 2016 because our OL dominated teams unlike every year since then. We were also one of the more efficient passing teams in the league that year when we did throw

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy has only been gone for one season and in that season the Packers were in the NFC Championship game. How much more do you want?
Aaron Rodgers is the main reason the Packers are successful.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is playing lights out but not that defense, it can be lit up. This team can definitely be beaten.
Sure they can be beaten but not when Wilson throws 5 TDs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Teams pass the ball when behind and run when ahead so your stat about team that pass losing is very misleading. Probably could just stop here because we were losing every game this year early.
2) We could not run the ball at all against Seattle and even the passes to Zeke were problems. The smartest thing we did was to not run the ball into a brick wall after that was obvious.
3) Zeke has been fantastic this year but he was bad on Sunday as was the OL when we tried to run
4) This team will go where Dak and the passing game take it. Zeke is great but our passing game is the key to our success and will be until the defense starts to be at least not disgusting.
5) Our defense stinks. If we run and fail we give the other team good field position against our defense. When we have passed we have moved the ball as Dak's league leading passing yards show
6) I'm a run the ball first and foremost if you can guy, but we may be the best passing team in the league this year. Why would we try to limit that?
7) we were the best running team in the league in 2016 because our OL dominated teams unlike every year since then. We were also one of the more efficient passing teams in the league that year when we did throw

1.) That's exactly why you run the ball early...a 75%-25% ratio isn't getting it done but I also understand that can happen sometimes but it shouldn't happen all the time. You aren't winning a game that way-plain and simple.
2.) If you don't establish the run...your defense is on the field more and their defense knows what to expect. You aren't winning in most of those cases. See ATL.
3.) McCarthy needs to mix up the running plays....you think the best running teams just run it up the middle every time. Change up the formations, men in motion, little tricks like that...there is no excuse for passing 80% of the time. It was 16-15 in the 2nd...31-30 in the 4th...you wear down the defense even just attempting runs and disguises.
4.) Dak is a huge factor and he can throw 50 times, be successful, put up great stats but you aren't winning many games unless you have an elite defense with that style and even then a defense wears down bc they are on the field way too much and way too often.
5.) Again, did you read my post? Run the ball to give your defense a rest. Fine your defense isn't good...so why put them on the field for long periods of time with little to no rest.
6.) Like I said, going by data and stats. Running teams win more often, that's just a fact. There are outliers but for the most part teams that team has to be balanced but you can't be this lopsided to win games. That doesn't mean you can't throw the ball 35-40 times, that seems like the norm for even good running teams in this league today.
7.) Exactly Dallas was a balanced team, they aren't right now. That is whole point of this conversation, run the ball more any way you can to create a more balanced attack.

The whole point, you throw 50 times a game you aren't winning many games with an average defense especially in the playoffs vs the top teams. I get this is becoming a passing league but being a more balanced team wins games. The Cowboys have the RB's to do it and once they get Tyron back they still have a solid OL imo.

How many times have you seen a team be successful throwing 50 times a game? Never bc it doesn't happen. The Seattle game, I get it, it was rough to run the ball but this seems to be more of an issue than one game. Just my thoughts, you know more than me...just throwing that out there bc heavy passing does not give Dallas good odds this year as much as I like that WR corp.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is the main reason the Packers are successful.

Sure but if they had a better running game, like they do now with Aaron Jones...they would have more SB's. I'm not going to say that is everything bc I know a lot of those years they had mediocre defenses. Rodgers carried them but could only carry them so far when you don't have a running game and defense. The year they won a SB they had either the #1 or #2 defense in the league.

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everything you wrote is wrong when it comes to Dallas, but I'm not going to keep going 100 word post for post. Again, this idea you can't pass and win is ridiculously silly in 2020 and we and every other team will pass more when losing so looking at snap counts and thinking that decided the game instead of vice versa is trying to force a square peg in a round hole. We didn't lose because we passed so much, we passed so much because of how we were losing each game. Running when it isn't working is stubborn and a losing formula when you have a passing attack like ours but are behind every game. You guys should run 30 times a game. We shouldn't unless we are up.

Last edited: