• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Of McCarthy's Decisions Are Head Scratchers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decision at right tackle

McCarthy said they will make a decision between Brandon Knight and Terence Steele for the right tackle spot if Tyron Smith is able to go this week. He said both players have hit the mark so far this season.

So, I'm going with this is just McCarthy trying to make Steele feel better. He hasn't been bad, but he also hasn't been anywhere near as good as Knight. Regardless we are going to have to figure out how to handle the helmet beater or Dak is going to have trouble having enough time to make plays again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott is leading the NFL in various passing categories, but obviously the Cowboys have been in situations so far this season that dictated passing the ball and moving things in that capacity. McCarthy noted this is obviously a factor in why Dak has the statistics that he does but that Dak is playing at a high level. He noted that the team wants to be aggressive offensively and that this is what they feel suits the players that they have on offense. He noted that you have to view each game as its own entity and that they have a general idea of how they would like the game to go, but that football obviously isn’t predictable.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys are a mess this year the offense is pretty good Minus the OL shuffle but if Garret was here we would be screwed.
sad fact is we could win the division at 6-11 or 7-10 if the current trends hold.
williams is looking like a big swing and miss and WTH happened to McGovern?
i think it’s time to start looking for Tyrons replacement they won’t talk about Collins.
Defense looks bad is ranked bad and is bad.
only defensive player of note is Aldon Smith the rest look lost
we knew Diggs would struggle and he has but he is a rookie
linebackers what Linebackers.
DL Poe is bad should not have been signed
Griffen has not won snap all year so far he looks like he should have not been signed
secondary what secondary most of the time

special teams are worse than in years past

Lots of bad stuff hopefully it will get better but so far I give the team a D-

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Browns fans want to revisit the topic of why the Cowboys are passing so often? :L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said worse

Fuck You....let me know if I need to turn that up for you
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th Quarter .......COWBOYS were losing by just 3 points.............3:42 left in the game. COWBOYS had the one timeout. plus the two minute warning

and what exactly, was the kickoff to Cleveland all about?

It wasn't an onside kick..........It wasn't a deep kick......... What the heck was it?

I realize the COWBOY'S defense stinks, but what was the strategy?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear that we aren't the only ones questioning the coach...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing destroys team unity.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a different way , McCarthy I think pretty much said the same thing after the game. He said it was the best week of practice and preparation that they have had. If that’s true , then maybe what was said is true. They looked totally lost last night.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a different way , McCarthy I think pretty much said the same thing after the game. He said it was the best week of practice and preparation that they have had. If that’s true , then maybe what was said is true. They looked totally lost last night.

You could tell a certain amount of air went out of the tires when Martin went down. The turnovers were deflating as well. But there was no excuse for the train wreck it turned into.

It’s going to be a long ride. A LONG ride.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if these things are true.
That is very concerning.
if they said this to reporters. The next step is completely losing the locker room. Then it doesnt matter who the coaches are.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the second quarter.........5:22 left in the quarter...The score was 10 to 10........COWBOYS on their own 34 yard line......4th down and a 1 yard to go..
And the COWBOYS run a timing pattern pass play?????????? It should have been pass interference.....but that's a STUPID PLAY CALL.

It's the 4th quarter ...12:21 left in the game............COWBOYS are only losing by JUST 4 points.
the COWBOYS have 4th Down and 10 yards to go...ON THEIR OWN 24 YARD LINE........and they try a fake punt and run a reverse?????????????????????????

Stupid coaching decisions gave 14 points to Washington on Thanksgiving.

The head coach's job, is to put his team into the best possible position, to WIN A GAME...........not lose a game...
I felt sorry for the DALLAS COWBOY PLAYERS.

With coaching like this, the COWBOY players must be wondering.

Last edited:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the second quarter.........5:22 left in the quarter...The score was 10 to 10........COWBOYS on their own 34 yard line......4th down and a 1 yard to go..
And the COWBOYS run a timing pattern pass play?????????? It should have been pass interference.....but that's a STUPID PLAY CALL.

It's the 4th quarter ...12:21 left in the game............COWBOYS are only losing by JUST 4 points.
the COWBOYS have 4th Down and 10 yards to go...ON THEIR OWN 24 YARD LINE........and they try a fake punt and run a reverse?????????????????????????

Stupid coaching decisions gave 14 points to Washington on Thanksgiving.

The head coach's job, is to put his team into the best possible position, to WIN A GAME...........not lose a game...
I felt sorry for the DALLAS COWBOY PLAYERS.

With coaching like this, the COWBOY players must be wondering.

Those were not good decisions, at all.

Looks like this is a pattern with McCarthy.

Also, Zeke needs to protect the ball better. Now that he's fumbling, other teams will emphasize stripping the ball from him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are expecting the Cowboys to try something out of the ordinary on special teams. The Skins were not fooled. The fake punt was a dumb call.