• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some odd tweets from Vernon Davis

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe I'm just taking them the wrong way

VernonDavis85 Vernon Davis
I think teammates should stick together. At the end of the day we will still be as one when the coaches are gone!

That stands for any and every team.

Thankful to have @OfficialBraylon on my team. He's a true professional and football is very important to him.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter makes context almost impossible to apply and it makes just about anyone who tweets sound like an illiterate idiot.

I honestly hate it and feel it has almost no value.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think teammates should stick together. At the end of the day we will still be as one when the coaches are gone!

Thankful to have @OfficialBraylon on my team. He's a true professional and football is very important to him.

I agree with Kid1, context is non-existent with Twitter, but these are some weird tweets.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They had a day off, I am guessing he was at somewhere around Santana Row and tossing a few back.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V. Davis just doesn't like to be coached.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter is good for sports updates....i don't know why people want others to know what they doing all day long my life isn't important enough to tweet lol...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Edwards inactive due to performance, not health

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter is good for sports updates....i don't know why people want others to know what they doing all day long my life isn't important enough to tweet lol...

The problem with it for sports updates is that it is terribly inaccurate and only scoops mainstream news sites and radio stations by an hour or less. Twitter also makes English and Journalism majors come off like illiterate message board posters.
I guess I just don't value being up to the second that much.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Vernon did see his share of coaches in and out during his 49ers tenure....

but I would give the benefit of the doubt that he meant they are still together even off the field or something close to that train of thought.

but the edwards one is a doosie.... maybe a knee jerk reaction to his limited playing?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter makes context almost impossible to apply and it makes just about anyone who tweets sound like an illiterate idiot.

I honestly hate it and feel it has almost no value.

Agreed. The fact that a grown man would follow another man's movements on his cell phone, or is even interetsed in those movements is creepy.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is good for putting a short amount of information out there quickly. I don't think its great for athletes, but for attention whores and people trying to move products- its a decent place to do so. I don't have an account, but google some twitter feeds that are humorous or newsworthy.

NinerBlood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whats so weird....he is sticking by his teammate.......it's called being a team player

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess it makes some sense now that Braylon has been released.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, probably some kind of disturbance had taken place over Edwards' disappearing role, VD stuck up for him a bit.

VD seems like a VERY loyal guy to his friends and people he respects.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something seemed odd at the time and now it makes more sense. Probably some arguments or Edwards complaining behind the scenes.

"Earlier today, MDS pointed out that 49ers receiver Braylon Edwards had announced on his official website that he had been waived by the team. Edwards blamed the move on a knee injury that required additional rehab, and that kept him from properly fitting in with the offense.

Still, the move makes little sense, coming with only one regular-season game remaining. If Edwards was still injured, the 49ers could have put him on injured reserve. If he isn’t injured, the 49ers could have just kept him around for one more week.

Since he signed a one-year deal, Edwards would have been a free agent in March. And if/when he would have signed with a new team as a free agent, Edwards’ departure would have factored in to the compensatory pick formula.

As it now stands, the Niners could have to pay Edwards, if he files a successful injury grievance — or if he chooses to take the final game check as termination pay. (Of course, if another team claims Edwards on waivers, the 49ers will be off the hook.) Either way, it seems odd that the 49ers wouldn’t have kept him around for just a few more weeks, given that it could have .

Unless, of course, the 49ers decided that Edwards was, for example, a major pain in the butt and no longer wanted him around."