• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrable far and away the top choice for me, but I don’t know if he will take a DC job right now. Next is Zimmer. My concern there is he is the anti-Quinn. He is an old school, curmudgeon who isn’t going to coddle players or be their friend and he will yell at them and point the finger at them When they screw up. Can the Hot Boyz handLe that? Can any players today handle that? If so he’d be a great choice for at least a couple of years. My in-house guy is Harris. He is I think one of our most important coaches. I’m not sure how he would be as a DC but I think the players would compete for him And I know it would keep us strong in the secondary. Maybe promote him to assistant DC/secondary coach?
I'm with you on most of this.
I would want Vrable 1st (although I hear nothing so dont think it is happening)
I always loved Zimmers defenses, because he was able to get more than the talent level on his defenses. Which shows good coaching.
Part I dont care for is he wasnt a turnover type DC. More bend dont break make them earn the points.
I am liking the turnover type defense. Even if that means getting burned from time to time.

If we can find a combo of this would be great! but that is the same as wishing for just a dominate defense. Which I dont think we are near so no point in asking for that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want BB and Vrabel can understudy him and assist with defence. I could handle Bienemy as the OC.

BB can suggest a "want" to management but has been told to "do his job" and coach the team. He'd have the prima donnas looking over their shoulders afraid to not "do their job".

3 years of this would be a good thing. Then Vrabel takes over.

Shouldn't be a country club.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want BB and Vrabel can understudy him and assist with defence. I could handle Bienemy as the OC.

BB can suggest a "want" to management but has been told to "do his job" and coach the team. He'd have the prima donnas looking over their shoulders afraid to not "do their job".

3 years of this would be a good thing. Then Vrabel takes over.

Shouldn't be a country club.
Really don't understand why this front office is so damn slow to act on anything. Quinn has been gone for a week and this front office is sitting in the bar drinking liquor. It like they intentionally delay shit.

I think McCarthy is gone if this team does not make it to the NFC Title game or Superbowl.

In fact if the Cowboys get off to a bad start I expect a firing during the season.

Zimmer would not allow a Country club attitude for the defense. And maybe him coming in would put the rest of the team on notice. Because the DC is who would replace MM if there is a mid season firing.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Rex Ryan is interviewing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Rex Ryan is interviewing.
I would not like that move. He had some great defenses, but I'm not sure how much of it was him and he is stuck in the past. I read his book and he gives the same types of answers as Jerry. When discussing a topic and how things should change he always referenced something in the past as if it were indicative of future outcomes. We had a great MLB and led the league in run defense, we played a whatever alignment and led the league in defense, we wore dark jerseys and led the league in defense. It's just like Jerry's mentality. This line of thinking is old and stale and the league changes every year with new rules and new styles. Give us Ray Lewis and Suggs and Reed and yeah, we'll lead the league in defense. He is also a supremely cocky, pompous ass. The future of the NFL are these young smart coaches who think outside the box, not these re-tread types and Jerry is just looking re-treads at all levels it seems

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not like that move. He had some great defenses, but I'm not sure how much of it was him and he is stuck in the past. I read his book and he gives the same types of answers as Jerry. When discussing a topic and how things should change he always referenced something in the past as if it were indicative of future outcomes. We had a great MLB and led the league in run defense, we played a whatever alignment and led the league in defense, we wore dark jerseys and led the league in defense. It's just like Jerry's mentality. This line of thinking is old and stale and the league changes every year with new rules and new styles. Give us Ray Lewis and Suggs and Reed and yeah, we'll lead the league in defense. He is also a supremely cocky, pompous ass. The future of the NFL are these young smart coaches who think outside the box, not these re-tread types and Jerry is just looking re-treads at all levels it seems
This one is kind of interesting to me. He is loud and full of himself, but he is one Hell of a defensive coordinator

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if they want to interview someone from the Niners and or Chiefs as well. Makes no sense that this is taking so long

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see enough of his buffed up for TV pearly whites on Sundays.
bless you for watching.

I think the best thing McClay and company sould do is not rush this hire. Interview many and get a shit load of input from many. If nothing else, you get an understanding how the hell your defense is percieved around the league. HOPEFULLY behind closed doors, jerry is asking Will to take the lead on the search. Self scounting isn't within jerry's thought process, but I think it is within Will's.

McCarthy on a one year contract is not a selling point. Makes it hard to seek a young up and coming defensive mind. May say all we can do is bring in a retread like what appears to be the interviews thus far.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Rex throws punches better than his father Buddy did.

Never wanted Rob Ryan, mainly because his dad put the Bounty on Aikman and the Cowboys kicker. Never liked Buddy Ryan,especially after that.