• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mazi was a 2nd-3rd at best and like you said, most people had Schoonmaker in the 5th. I said at the time of the draft Joey Porter Jr(that's who I took for the team in the Hoop draft), but I thought Nolan Smith and Sam LaPorta would have been great there as well. Mazi was a reach. 2nd round I was positive we were going to take O'Cyrus Torrence and was floored when the took Schoony. Hopefully they will be different players after a full offseason
When they took Mazi I thought at the very least that his fat ass could be used to occupy blockers. I was not expecting a lot. Sure as hell did not expect him to weigh under 300 and be entirely useless.

I kind of thought they would go Nolan Smith there.

Most times this team picks for "need" they get a bust

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would make me happy
From what I understand, Zimmer is a very strong candidate and the Jones are good friends with him. It will be a major adjustment for the players if they hire Zimmer. Zimmer has a different approach. If somebody screws up you won't see
Him clapping on the sidelines that is for sure.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrable far and away the top choice for me, but I don’t know if he will take a DC job right now. Next is Zimmer. My concern there is he is the anti-Quinn. He is an old school, curmudgeon who isn’t going to coddle players or be their friend and he will yell at them and point the finger at them When they screw up. Can the Hot Boyz handLe that? Can any players today handle that? If so he’d be a great choice for at least a couple of years. My in-house guy is Harris. He is I think one of our most important coaches. I’m not sure how he would be as a DC but I think the players would compete for him And I know it would keep us strong in the secondary. Maybe promote him to assistant DC/secondary coach?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrable far and away the top choice for me, but I don’t know if he will take a DC job right now. Next is Zimmer. My concern there is he is the anti-Quinn. He is an old school, curmudgeon who isn’t going to coddle players or be their friend and he will yell at them and point the finger at them When they screw up. Can the Hot Boyz handLe that? Can any players today handle that? If so he’d be a great choice for at least a couple of years. My in-house guy is Harris. He is I think one of our most important coaches. I’m not sure how he would be as a DC but I think the players would compete for him And I know it would keep us strong in the secondary. Maybe promote him to assistant DC/secondary coach?
I love this post and we all know I'm considered grumpy ass old so...the only part where I differ is IF these players require coddled..get different players when you can. I stand on the table thinking this.

Got a question for my fellow internet Cowboy fans. Does anyone think for 1/2 second Jesse Holly perhaps had a somewhat point about Parsons?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I can even consider what Holley said I’d need to hear that Micah refused to play off the ball LBer. I had never heard that before.

What I do know is Micah is the most driven player on this team and never takes a play off. he goes 100% every single play. Whether that is because he just wants to be known as the best player or because he wants the team to succeed, I don’t know. I’m also not sure I care. He’s never pouted when things went well but he wasn’t part of it like other players here have and he talks non-stop about both him wanting to be the best but also him wanting the team to succeed. So to me it comes off more as he won’t criticize his teammates so he just wants to talk about how he wants to be better and how he wants to excel. Maybe the issue is he knows his teammates don’t have the same drive And he can only focus on himself. So again, I need to hear he refused to play off the ball before I believe it and even if it comes out he just “preferred“ not to, well then that’s on the coaches as well. Refusing would be on him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor going around is Jerry wants a DC that has also had head coaching experience. So there is Vrabel,Rivera,Zimmer that meet those requirements.

This rumor makes a lot of sense if you look back at how Garrett became interim HC.

there does not seem to be much chatter connecting Vrabel to the Cowboys so I am thinking this won't happen?

Harris,? I thought I heard he may be interviewed.

I do prefer Zimmer. Like you were saying I wonder how Zimmer's personality will go over with the Players. Who knows maybe he could win over a guy like Parsons. There would be accountability on the defensive side of the ball is all I know. No coddling

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I can even consider what Holley said I’d need to hear that Micah refused to play off the ball LBer. I had never heard that before.

What I do know is Micah is the most driven player on this team and never takes a play off. he goes 100% every single play. Whether that is because he just wants to be known as the best player or because he wants the team to succeed, I don’t know. I’m also not sure I care. He’s never pouted when things went well but he wasn’t part of it like other players here have and he talks non-stop about both him wanting to be the best but also him wanting the team to succeed. So to me it comes off more as he won’t criticize his teammates so he just wants to talk about how he wants to be better and how he wants to excel. Maybe the issue is he knows his teammates don’t have the same drive And he can only focus on himself. So again, I need to hear he refused to play off the ball before I believe it and even if it comes out he just “preferred“ not to, well then that’s on the coaches as well. Refusing would be on him.
thanks for the opinion.

I give a rats ass IF he refused to play off ball LB in a players league where stats mean cash. The league designed the cash incentives on stats. That ship was lost years back. I have a much bigger concern (if true) Parsons is satisfied and puts little time in film study. This part is alarming if true. Real bad when you are the top dog player and thus the one others look towards when team goals are in trouble. This will be much clearer without a "players coach" as DC this season.

we'll see soon enough. I think Parsons must to challenged IF his film study preparation is lacking. That don't fly well in team sports from your best player.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows maybe he could win over a guy like Parsons. There would be accountability on the defensive side of the ball is all I know. No coddling
this right here is my drift.

If you can't get the player to buy in. Who wins out?
The player or the coach?

now....if that player is a Brady, LT type with championships on the wall, I know who wins.

BUT...

Does the best player rule cause he's the best player? This is why I haven't watched the Dallas Mavericks play one game over the last two seasons.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Zimmer will be the hire. If so Sam Williams is going to learn the hard way his idiotic stupid penalties not going to fly.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this right here is my drift.

If you can't get the player to buy in. Who wins out?
The player or the coach?

now....if that player is a Brady, LT type with championships on the wall, I know who wins.

BUT...

Does the best player rule cause he's the best player? This is why I haven't watched the Dallas Mavericks play one game over the last two seasons.
The NBA is much different. Several coaches been replaced over the years because the All Star player can't get along with the head coach

I Parsons becomes a cancer you still getting multiple first rounders.

I don't like the NBA that much. Mainly due to the officiating. Yeah when Dirk Nowinsky willed the Mavs to the title I watched it all. Probably the greatest performance by a single player in post season history.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the opinion.

I give a rats ass IF he refused to play off ball LB in a players league where stats mean cash. The league designed the cash incentives on stats. That ship was lost years back. I have a much bigger concern (if true) Parsons is satisfied and puts little time in film study. This part is alarming if true. Real bad when you are the top dog player and thus the one others look towards when team goals are in trouble. This will be much clearer without a "players coach" as DC this season.

we'll see soon enough. I think Parsons must to challenged IF his film study preparation is lacking. That don't fly well in team sports from your best player.
I never heard that about Parsons either. Did Holley say that? I only heard the part about refusing to play LB

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the opinion.

I totally believe it. Micah is a massive talent, but he will also disappear. Also will get in a funk. Just the modern athlete, unfortunately

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor going around is Jerry wants a DC that has also had head coaching experience. So there is Vrabel,Rivera,Zimmer that meet those requirements.

This rumor makes a lot of sense if you look back at how Garrett became interim HC.

there does not seem to be much chatter connecting Vrabel to the Cowboys so I am thinking this won't happen?

Harris,? I thought I heard he may be interviewed.

I do prefer Zimmer. Like you were saying I wonder how Zimmer's personality will go over with the Players. Who knows maybe he could win over a guy like Parsons. There would be accountability on the defensive side of the ball is all I know. No coddling
If Jerry wants a DC with HC experience, I would think that it's because he wants an in house option if he decides to move off MM next year. If that's the case, Vrabel would be the clear option, as Zim and RR were better DC's than HC's

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard that about Parsons either. Did Holley say that? I only heard the part about refusing to play LB
yes. Basically he lacked desire to be all time great and pointed to bad film habits. Holley said Parsons was satisfied with what he's accomplished.

which was shocking but made me think...if true, this ain't good.

worth watching.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Harrison Smith cheap shot one of the Cowboys receivers? I just remember a crazy play going out of bounds. And no flag, when clearly there should have been one.