• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the unimaginable happens and Quinn goes to Washington, meaning none of these nitwit teams hired Mike Vrabel, then Jerry should break the bank and hire Vrabel as DC
one million percent. Get this guy in the building and let's see what happens next offseason.

I'd also be OK with promoting Al Harris. Guy did a great job here and like Quinn, his players love him and play hard for him

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Harris and Joe Whitt are the main internal candidates. Nothing stopping Quinn from trying to poach either. Rumor going around is Harris wants to go with Quinn. Harris though was hired by McCarthy so who knows

I prefer Rivera if they go outside the organization. Rivera has a history of taking over a defense and improving that defense the longer he coaches that defense.

Vrabel was a DC for one year in Houston. Vrabel just would not be my first choice. Far from it

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it’s Joe Whitt Jr if Al Harris follows Quinn to DC to be Quinn’s DC which it seems to be trending.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Harris and Joe Whitt are the main internal candidates. Nothing stopping Quinn from trying to poach either. Rumor going around is Harris wants to go with Quinn. Harris though was hired by McCarthy so who knows

I prefer Rivera if they go outside the organization. Rivera has a history of taking over a defense and improving that defense the longer he coaches that defense.

Vrabel was a DC for one year in Houston. Vrabel just would not be my first choice. Far from it
Far from it on Vrabel? Man he would be my first choice even if DQ were still here lol. I think Whitt or Harris go to Washington. I would like to see Vrabel 1, Wink Martindale 2 and RR 3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from it on Vrabel? Man he would be my first choice even if DQ were still here lol. I think Whitt or Harris go to Washington. I would like to see Vrabel 1, Wink Martindale 2 and RR 3
The thing I question is why an external hire makes any sense. Why would they want to come be DC when they know McCarthy is on the last year of his deal?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I question is why an external hire makes any sense. Why would they want to come be DC when they know McCarthy is on the last year of his deal?
For Vrabel, I would think that it's a perfect gig. Help the Cowboys make the NFCCG and be a premier candidate for other teams or lose in the first round and possibly take over for McCarthy. No lose situation. I think an external hire makes a lot of sense. I really like DQ, but the fact is that in the two biggest games of the year, SF regular season and Packers playoff game, the defense got absolutely slaughtered. Fresh ideas and scheme make a lot of sense to me. I think there are a lot of DC's that could do well with a D containing Micah and Diggs. Hopefully one who cares about stopping the run

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy-downsized.gif

Not only would he be my 1st choice.
He would be a head coach in the waiting if they dont extend McCarthy.
Vrabel & Jerry would have a year together to see if they meshed well. (or not)
So no one would have to find out the hard way.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 353178

Not only would he be my 1st choice.
He would be a head coach in the waiting if they dont extend McCarthy.
Vrabel & Jerry would have a year together to see if they meshed well. (or not)
So no one would have to find out the hard way.
I do think Vrabel would do a good job in Dallas. I think he would figure out how to improve the run defense. Vrabels defense usually are good at run defense. So there's that.

Vrabel was also put in a bad place by the Titans GM and Owner with the constant roster purges .

You guys may have swayed me over to Vrabel . Lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with Vrabel or Zimmer, BUT...I'd like Al Harris to stay.
I think this is about where I am at. I immediately perked up when I heard the rumor that Zimmer would like to return. He is a great defensive coordinator.

Zimmer was a 4-3 guy and I was really impressed with how he coached Parcels 3-4 defense. Zimmer had that 3-4 defense playing very well. Hell of an adjustment. zimmer was awesome when it came to designing blitzes as well.

I hear you on Al Harris... They would be smart to pay him more and promote him up the ladder to keep him. He pretty much developed Bland and Diggs into Al Pros...

Zimmer would be very high on my list

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the Minnesota defenses before you fall in love.