• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Zimmer has made changes to get turnovers more often this go around.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tell it like it is Emmitt, tell it like it is

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting hire. Zim is a really good DC, but it's no secret he runs a complicated defense. From what I hear, Micah would rather play video games than watch film. Also, we are going from a DC that Micah loved to one that is without a doubt a hardass. Zim has had success against Shanahan and he is someone Jerry trusts, but I'm not sure he was the best option. I would have promoted Harris before I hired Zim. Hope it works

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting hire. Zim is a really good DC, but it's no secret he runs a complicated defense. From what I hear, Micah would rather play video games than watch film. Also, we are going from a DC that Micah loved to one that is without a doubt a hardass. Zim has had success against Shanahan and he is someone Jerry trusts, but I'm not sure he was the best option. I would have promoted Harris before I hired Zim. Hope it works
The only reason I would have considered promoting Harris would have been to not lose him. We got the best of both worlds on that front. We still have Harris but we don’t thrust him into a position he probably isn’t ready for. I absolutely love what he has done with our CBs but we don’t know what his thoughts are on defensive scheme overall or how much he knows about DL and LB play.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I would have considered promoting Harris would have been to not lose him. We got the best of both worlds on that front. We still have Harris but we don’t thrust him into a position he probably isn’t ready for. I absolutely love what he has done with our CBs but we don’t know what his thoughts are on defensive scheme overall or how much he knows about DL and LB play.
And being mentored by two of the better Defensive Coordinators in the league doesn’t hurt his resume at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team knows what they are getting and IMO it's what they need. My gut tells me Sam Williams steps up and has a big year or is gone, all depending on how he can handle a coach who isn't going to take his crap and is going to demand focus, effort and accountability. Bad penalties and stupid plays will IMO put you on the sideline or the street with Zimmer. I guess the players who will get their feelings hurt will still have the HC who tells everyone how great they are to run to for some much needed coddling

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a bad look that we blocked Harris from talking to Washington but we didn't even interview Harris. But you are right about best of both worlds for now. But I would have hired Harris over Zim

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a bad look that we blocked Harris from talking to Washington but we didn't even interview Harris. But you are right about best of both worlds for now. But I would have hired Harris over Zim
This was done this way because the Cowboys wanted to sign an experienced DC who had HC experience . Harris in theory could actually become DC if the Cowboys stumble out the gate. Zimmer will be the HC if things go South this season and Jerry cans McCarthy.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinns defense was all about getting after the passer.

Zimmer first priority has always been stopping the run. I assume Hankins comes back and Zimmer tells Mazi to gain back the 40 pounds he lost. Zimmer had huge defensive tackles and at least one big LB in Minnesota because stopping the run is more of a priority for Zimmer.

It will be interesting for sure .

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that as a bad look at all. Washington wasn't offering him a promotion either

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinns defense was all about getting after the passer.

Zimmer first priority has always been stopping the run. I assume Hankins comes back and Zimmer tells Mazi to gain back the 40 pounds he lost. Zimmer had huge defensive tackles and at least one big LB in Minnesota because stopping the run is more of a priority for Zimmer.

It will be interesting for sure .
You are right about the run D. Will be interesting to see if he plays Micah more at LB than DE, possibly like he played Anthony Barr when he was young and playing well. Zim has always had success at stopping the Niners run game, I think that was big also

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that a bad look? Washington wasn't offering him a promotion?
I think they should have at least interviewed him. Harris is considered one of the best DB coaches in the game and will be a DC soon anyway. I think when a coach kills it for you and you interview Ron Rivera and Rex Ryan and you don't even give Harris an interview, it's disrespectful. If you were Harris, would you not feel that way?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should have at least interviewed him. Harris is considered one of the best DB coaches in the game and will be a DC soon anyway. I think when a coach kills it for you and you interview Ron Rivera and Rex Ryan and you don't even give Harris an interview, it's disrespectful. If you were Harris, would you not feel that way?
No, I wouldn't feel disrespected if I were as inexperienced as Harris because the team interviewed two experienced DCs who both coached in a SB and both who were also Head Coaches in the NFL as was the guy ultimately hired. If you don't like the guys we interviewed that's your prerogative but they have way more skins on the wall than Harris so he wasn't slighted in any way IMO and I love Harris