• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think he could really give a damn about playing at this point... or there are issues that aren't being revealed to the leering press that teams are simply saying "No Thanks" to.
He is a locker-room distraction.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a locker-room distraction.
Of course he is or he'd be on a team. The point is at what point is the benefit worth the cost. Watching this team we are at that point if the salary demands are somewhat reasonable IMO. People can sugar coat it all they want but our DBs as a group just look horrible; they stunk last year and we got rid of our only good one and now we somewhat expectedly look much, much worse. We either accept it and the difficulties that come with it or we try to improve what is by a mile the biggest weakness on this team. I'm for trying to get better. If not Earl, HHCD or one of the other guys would at least be a start.

You know what makes for a happy locker room? Winning...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safties are atrocious. Sign earl to a one year deal. Number 23 stinks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think he could really give a damn about playing at this point... or there are issues that aren't being revealed to the leering press that teams are simply saying "No Thanks" to.
Today on local sports talk they talked about Thomas not knowing the defenses...they said in Seattle, Kam Chancellor was the one who put players in position and Earl was the one player that required his direction often. Not knowing the defenses was the number one reason Baltimore players voted him off the team.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today on local sports talk they talked about Thomas not knowing the defenses...they said in Seattle, Kam Chancellor was the one who put players in position and Earl was the one player that required his direction often. Not knowing the defenses was the number one reason Baltimore players voted him off the team.

That’s kind of a damning indictment if we’re being honest... and if true, then we have enough issues with a new defense without adding another.

No?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s kind of a damning indictment if we’re being honest... and if true, then we have enough issues with a new defense without adding another.

No?
Yeah and we didn't want Jamal Adams because he supposedly couldn't cover. There's a whole list of players tearing up the league with one "weakness" or another. I tend to think that story is probably being significantly exaggerated by the media. One way or another the guy managed to be an All Pro or Pro Bowler every year and that includes in Baltimore. We were going to give him $30M a year ago. I don't think he got all that much dumber in the last 12 months...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas’ entire secondary has struggled mightily — this is evidenced by the fact Dallas ranks last in passer rating allowed in coverage (126.6), according to Pro Football Focus. Dallas also ranks 31st in explosive pass rate, allowing such a play on 12% of its snaps, according to Sharp Football Stats.

The secondary has been plagued by poor execution, blown assignments and miscommunication. As was detailed Monday, many of the big plays Dallas gave up were on account of busts in the secondary.

Through three games, the Cowboys have given up 97 points, the most in franchise history.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and we didn't want Jamal Adams because he supposedly couldn't cover. There's a whole list of players tearing up the league with one "weakness" or another. I tend to think that story is probably being significantly exaggerated by the media. One way or another the guy managed to be an All Pro or Pro Bowler every year and that includes in Baltimore. We were going to give him $30M a year ago. I don't think he got all that much dumber in the last 12 months...

I don’t recall having that impression of Jamal Adams. But if these “reports” around Thomas are accurate then I defer to the wisdom of Jimmy Johnson.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t recall having that impression of Jamal Adams. But if these “reports” around Thomas are accurate then I defer to the wisdom of Jimmy Johnson.

I don't have that impression of Adams either, but that is the rumor that was going around a week ago before the Seattle game to justify why we didn't sign him. As far as ET goes, IF he struggles to learn defenses, I doubt it started this year.

Lord knows this team has overlooked various issues in the past and even this year under the new regime with Aldon Smith. Good players win Football games even if they aren't perfect. I'll go back to my point that with ET this team is IMO likely 3-0. Three one score games with horrible secondary play and safeties being a big part of that. We were a play or two away in each loss.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like Tyron and Tank will play this week but Collins still out for a while. Odd way to answer a question about if he will play at all this year unless there is some concern that he might now.

McCarthy was asked point blank if he sees La’el Collins playing this year and said that he won’t be playing this week for sure (we knew that) and that he doesn’t see him playing in the next couple of weeks. While this felt obvious, this is the largest level of confirmation that we have gotten on Collins’ short-term timetable.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memories
light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
of the way we were...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like Tyron and Tank will play this week but Collins still out for a while. Odd way to answer a question about if he will play at all this year unless there is some concern that he might now.

McCarthy was asked point blank if he sees La’el Collins playing this year and said that he won’t be playing this week for sure (we knew that) and that he doesn’t see him playing in the next couple of weeks. While this felt obvious, this is the largest level of confirmation that we have gotten on Collins’ short-term timetable.
There are just too many injuries throughout the NFL this season.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew deserves to be in.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HOF voters ought to be ashamed of themselves.