• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes teams get better when certain players leave. But i agree that we are not better. I think you make the team better by drafting a Green or Johnson to replace Connor Williams then maybe draft a Sam Williams in the 2nd or third round. Last season the defense got way better after Jaylon was released. Connor Williams was not that great and the reason for the penalties is he had to hold because he was getting bullied. Zion Johnson i do like. Green is a guy that would help Dak ,Zeke and the entire offense. Green is not going to get shoved into Daks lap.

The dumbest thing to do would be to draft a WR in the first two rounds. We had Coop,Gallup and Cee Dee and it led to nothing substantial. That plan failed so why try again?
I think we have enough holes that we can take BPA and not worry too much about position, but I am hoping that player will be a defender with interior OL a close second. I'm fine with WR if we absolutely love one of them but wouldn't want to force it. By resigning Gallup the team is saying he is our #2 for the future and we still have Lamb under contract for 2 more years and then a 3rd when we exercise his 5th year option. I don't think Washington is more than a #4 and the same for Brown (maybe one of the young guys steps up but you can't count on that) but once Gallup is healthy we will be ok and certainly still have the ability to add a #3 WR via free agency or even after roster cut downs. The fact that we haven't addressed LG, C, LB and DT is more than a little troubling IMO. If this team is assuming they can fill all of our holes in the draft I can only say thank God we play in the NFC East...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back down to one punter

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we clearly weren't as good as the top teams last year and the pre-draft summary ignoring STs and some others is:

DE lost Gregory; Added Fowler. Lost our starter and signed a rotation guy
WR lost Cooper and Wilson; added Washington. Lost a top WR and a pretty good #3 type and gained a bottom of the roster on a good team guy
OL lost Collins and Williams; added no one. Lost 2 starters regardless of your thoughts on them. Gained no one
TE lost Jarwin. Injured so not much of a loss per se, but our TE group is weak right now.

How is it we are supposed to have gotten better?
Also, was there any playoff team last year with as poor of a DT group as us? Let's hope McClay has one hell of a draft
Dak is gonna have to earn that big contract this season. This is what happens when your QB makes $40 million per. You are going to lose more good players than you add pretty much every season. There is a reason GB parted ways with Adams, KC parted ways with Hill and Amari is no longer here. We have to draft really well and Dak has to out play the other NFCE QB's if we are gonna stay on top of the division. If Dak plays like he did the 2nd half of last season, we are gonna be in a bind

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we tool a OT in the 1st round that virtually every draft board had as 3rd or 4th rounder, then we took an Edge in the 2nd that most had as a 3rd rounder and then in the 3rd we took a WR that i had to search for a draft board that had him being drafted or as a 3rd day late rounder.

is it me or is the worst first 3 rounds in the last 10 or 15 years?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we tool a OT in the 1st round that virtually every draft board had as 3rd or 4th rounder, then we took an Edge in the 2nd that most had as a 3rd rounder and then in the 3rd we took a WR that i had to search for a draft board that had him being drafted or as a 3rd day late rounder.

Honestly, I think it's you. First off don't look at mock drafts as they are meaningless. Those are fans and talking heads opinions and not NFL scouts opinions. Drives me nuts when fans grade picks off of mocks. I'm not sure Smith was a universal first rounder of course, but to say every draft board had him as a 3rd or 4th rounder seems completely inaccurate to me. The reason our 2nd rounder was there was because of off the field issues. So very fair to question him from that perspective but I don't think his talent is seen as a 3rd rounder. As far as the WR goes I don't know too much about him, but WRs in general went early and likely earlier than many thought so it could be more a position phenomena. But after the Senior Bowl I thought his draft stock went up. I saw one ranking that had him I think late first right after the Senior Bowl. Not saying that is indicative of his talent because like I said mocks are meaningless.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of the mocks and top 100s had T.Smith in the high 2nd.

Him being a 3rd rounder sounds like a misunderstanding to me.

I've seen him listed as the 5th best OT he was the 5th OT taken. Yes maybe they could have traded back for two 2nds but it sounds like at least one team was going to draft him soon after 24.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think it's you. First off don't look at mock drafts as they are meaningless. Those are fans and talking heads opinions and not NFL scouts opinions. Drives me nuts when fans grade picks off of mocks. I'm not sure Smith was a universal first rounder of course, but to say every draft board had him as a 3rd or 4th rounder seems completely inaccurate to me. The reason our 2nd rounder was there was because of off the field issues. So very fair to question him from that perspective but I don't think his talent is seen as a 3rd rounder. As far as the WR goes I don't know too much about him, but WRs in general went early and likely earlier than many thought so it could be more a position phenomena. But after the Senior Bowl I thought his draft stock went up. I saw one ranking that had him I think late first right after the Senior Bowl. Not saying that is indicative of his talent because like I said mocks are meaningless.
my bad i see that i was incorrect

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad i see that i was incorrect
Don't misconstrue my comments as me saying I think we had an amazing draft. I'm happy, but still kind of torn. I just meant that according to rankings alone which is what you referenced, your comments seemed to be off

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't misconstrue my comments as me saying I think we had an amazing draft. I'm happy, but still kind of torn. I just meant that according to rankings alone which is what you referenced, your comments seemed to be off
i now realize that. I've pick 2 of our draft picks but wrong rounds. i had Sam Williams but in the 3rd and Jake Ferguson TE was one of my 5th round possibilities

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very quiet on the free agency front. I was hoping we'd hop on a couple of guys right after the draft. Any free agents signed now won't count against our compensatory picks for next year. We easily have enough space to sign a couple of starters/impact players if we want. Looks like we are around $13.4M in space today. With the way contracts are backloaded we could get some good players.

Going forward we also get $10M in cap space after 6/1 for Collins which more than covers our draft picks which should be around $5.7M.

Today $13.4M
6/1: Add $10M Collins = $23.4M
Draft class: Subtract $5.7M = $17.7M

Final Cap space before more moves: $17.7M. Obviously we will want to roll some of this into next year, but open up that damn checkbook Jones boys and improve this team. The only big $ extensions I see this year might be Pollard and Steele. I don't think they will do anything on Diggs until next season. If they extend Schultz (I hope they don't at these $'s) it will actually lower our cap hit. I also wonder if they may bring back Jarwin at some point for a lesser deal depending on his timetable.

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have signed 20 UDFA's which brings us to 101 players on the roster and we can only go to Training Camp with 90

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude made his name running out the back of the end zone on a scramble and Twitter is shocked he says stupid shit…

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably drugs.

The guy was amazing.