• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long until he signs with the Raiders?
I hope its more of a procedural move like they had to put their thumb on him to keep him for the moment (before the draft). Now the team has some leverage and can negotiate a more team friendly contract - more like league minimum money. And if he don't like it let him walk. I'm not a big fan of this move, I hate to just cut a starter on D, but this is business.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its more of a procedural move like they had to put their thumb on him to keep him for the moment (before the draft). Now the team has some leverage and can negotiate a more team friendly contract - more like league minimum money. And if he don't like it let him walk. I'm not a big fan of this move, I hate to just cut a starter on D, but this is business.
And the new DC will want "his guys" in there. I would be shocked if Marinelli hasn't already called Woods.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys release Antuan Woods this morning.

I'm a little surprised as I thought he was a guy that could help the team this year. But, from what I could gather if we cut him we do so with no dead money and save the whole $2.1M, so I guess that's why. He was a guy I would have liked to see fighting it out for rotation snaps at DT or a good to have type in case of injury or the rookie being cut. If they would have kept him and he got hurt then we'd be on the hook for his salary so that probably was the impetus for cutting him now. That and to give him a better chance to catch on elsewhere or come back for the vet minimum. Always liked Woods and hope he catches on with another team,

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing on Heath. I think he is an inspirational topic for young players in the NFL.
He doesnt have the skill or abilities to be a starter or a back up if you asked me. However he does hustle more than 98% of the NFL which for that reason alone got him a starting gig & ability to stay in the NFL limelight for 8 years.

Put in the hard work Youngsters!!!

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing on Heath. I think he is an inspirational topic for young players in the NFL.
He doesnt have the skill or abilities to be a starter or a back up if you asked me. However he does hustle more than 98% of the NFL which for that reason alone got him a starting gig & ability to stay in the NFL limelight for 8 years.

Put in the hard work Youngsters!!!
Agree which is why I sing what little praises the guy gets

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the guy any good still? Releasing a vet can mean they need to cut Payroll. We don't have much $$ but we need guys who can be a captain.

Worth it?

Also saw we picked up a backup qb. Not bad numbers cept the ints which ain't as bad as many back up. 9 year vet.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. I went back and checked after I read this, I swore Miami has already gotten rid of a few of their "team captains" from last year. I know they cut Van Noy, Fitzmagic left as a FA, Ted Karras left as a FA, and now McCain is cut. 4 out of 6 O & D captains are out. That doesn't seem typical to me.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. I went back and checked after I read this, I swore Miami has already gotten rid of a few of their "team captains" from last year. I know they cut Van Noy, Fitzmagic left as a FA, Ted Karras left as a FA, and now McCain is cut. 4 out of 6 O & D captains are out. That doesn't seem typical to me.
but they got a lot of youth & talent on that team right now.
I dont know if Flores makes the calls on who they get or if he just coaches, but that guy has impressed me since he got to Miami. I am sure he has a plan.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys at Giants week 15
rumor Cowboys open at TB for Thursday night game