• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some gems in today's Down Goes Brown

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Outside and Play «

"Also, not even bothering to design new uniforms for an outdoor game is the most Lou Lamoriello thing ever. Can’t you just picture him barking “Just find some old ones!” at the terrified intern who mentioned it?"

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, but ouch.

Fashion Police: In a very Canadian show of friendliness, the two teams unveiled their uniforms together. The Canucks will be sporting a much different look than usual, wearing burgundy jerseys with a large “V” on the front, in recognition of the Vancouver Millionaires. The Senators jerseys will feature a large “O” on the front, in recognition of how many Stanley Cups these two franchises have combined for

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Deryk Engelland, three years, $8.75 million, Calgary: All you need to know about this deal is that when it was initially announced as “three years, $2.9 million,” everyone assumed that was the total, not the per-season average. And we still all thought it was too much.

Would have been disappointed if it wasn't listed...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughing so hard about the whole Lack and Lou back and forth. I had to send it to my brothers

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
2. Deryk Engelland, three years, $8.75 million, Calgary: All you need to know about this deal is that when it was initially announced as “three years, $2.9 million,” everyone assumed that was the total, not the per-season average. And we still all thought it was too much.

holy crap that contract is still so very funny.
truculence, mufuqua!!! :laugh3:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't care for that one. Typical Canadian bashing the Devils article. Gary Bettman wimped out giving the Devils their pick back this year? They never should have taken it away. The Volchenkov deal was the worst that year? The Devils have been near the top of the league in PK since he joined and he played in every crucial moment of the 2012 cup run.

The Hossa Blackhawks deal has led to them winning 2 cups and you can't say the Parise/Suter deals are bad because it's still too early. Really not crazy about this one.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't care for that one. Typical Canadian bashing the Devils article. Gary Bettman wimped out giving the Devils their pick back this year? They never should have taken it away. The Volchenkov deal was the worst that year? The Devils have been near the top of the league in PK since he joined and he played in every crucial moment of the 2012 cup run.

The Hossa Blackhawks deal has led to them winning 2 cups and you can't say the Parise/Suter deals are bad because it's still too early. Really not crazy about this one.

I feel like he's very fair in explaining why the Hossa and Parise/Suter deals take the worst spots for those particular years and even stating that he expects they will be controversial choices.

And while I agree with you that the Devils shouldn't have lost that pick in the first place, I also agree with him that it was wimping out to give it back. It speaks to his larger theme that appears in this article as well as many others he's written that the league changes the rules constantly.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Relax; he could've also brought up the fact that the pick in the Devils' Malakhov dump to the Sharks eventually was moved by the Sharks to get the pick to draft Logan Couture, and the Blues used it to draft David Perron.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. They showed restraint; it's a new thing to us.

They tried to do something exceptionally stupid and got outstupided by Dale Tallon. It's certainly better than signing Bolland, but it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence or convince me that they know what the fuck they're doing.