• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some cap issues

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Redskins turned a two year cap penalty into a three year punishment | Fanspeak Washington Redskins Blog

this guy is upset with the dead space . i say if we do get the dead space will will have some flexibility in 2015

Flexibility is an understatement.

We know Fletcher is gone, as is Morgan. merriweather is a voided contract so we do take a hit this year. But with just those four gone and NO other moves it gives us around $34 million in cap space this year and a projected $49.5 million in 2015. This also assumes we dont restructure garcon, whose deal is primed for it. throw in resigning Rak, Riley, Biggers, Robinson, Walton (maybe), and I think you get away with a clean $17 million to fill out the roster and sign draft picks. And i would say you still have a safe $20 million minimum going into 2015. Dead money is a part of the game. Between 5-12% of the cap is acceptable in my opinion. We arent going to be forced to keep players that under perform or are constantly injured just to field a complete roster. So Im seriously not to worried if we take $7 million to free up the needed roster spaces and NOT carry the bigger cap numbers in question.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might not understand what Steve is trying to say here ... but it sounds like he's trying to make the case to get rid of Cofield, Morgan, Fletcher, Meriweather, Carriker, Lichtensteiger, Montgomery and Bowen. If that is the case, I think he is mistaken.

The only player on that list that needs to be released or restructured is Morgan. He should not be getting paid 10M considering his production.

As far as Fletcher goes, if he chooses to retire does that void his deal ?

I am hoping Carriker is able to return in 2014 ... but thats probably just me being a homer.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might not understand what Steve is trying to say here ... but it sounds like he's trying to make the case to get rid of Cofield, Morgan, Fletcher, Meriweather, Carriker, Lichtensteiger, Montgomery and Bowen. If that is the case, I think he is mistaken.

The only player on that list that needs to be released or restructured is Morgan. He should not be getting paid 10M considering his production.

As far as Fletcher goes, if he chooses to retire does that void his deal ?

I am hoping Carriker is able to return in 2014 ... but thats probably just me being a homer.

Morgan is gone. 2014 is an automatic void year. Fletcher is retiring. So we tak a hit for him no matter what. And both were expected. Merriweather is also a void year. So we take that hit regardless. MOntgoomery, Bowen, Litch and Coefield arent going any place.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan is gone. 2014 is an automatic void year. Fletcher is retiring. So we tak a hit for him no matter what. And both were expected. Merriweather is also a void year. So we take that hit regardless. MOntgoomery, Bowen, Litch and Coefield arent going any place.

As far as I understand it ... the Merriweather contract has the option to be voided if we want to buy him out. But without a better option at SS nothing would change with his deal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I understand it ... the Merriweather contract has the option to be voided if we want to buy him out. But without a better option at SS nothing would change with his deal.

Actually his is a player voidable deal from every thing I have seen. Not sure if it auto voids like Morgans though.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're going to be cash strapped AGAIN next season? If that's true this has to be the dumbest team ever in sports history.
I'm so sick of Snyder and his dumb ass mismanagement of this franchise.

in short if you cut or let go some of the players we want gone then we could in fact have another decent year of FA in 2015

to the tune of 19 or so mil

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're going to be cash strapped AGAIN next season? If that's true this has to be the dumbest team ever in sports history.
I'm so sick of Snyder and his dumb ass mismanagement of this franchise.

We have $20 million in free space in 2014 before the retirement of Fletcher and any contracts void.

We are currently projected to have $23 million in cap space in 2015, again before any moves occur.

So um no we are not going to be cap strapped any time soon.