• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier

I think this movie is supposed to take place in his Shadow Collective days, in the middle of the Clone Wars / Rebels storyline. Not after it.

So he's still dead, just not yet.

I agree that Enfys Nest was supposed to be Val and Beckett's daughter. Seems like a storyline that Ron Howard decided to change, but left the actor in place.

If we get more movies about young Han, we'll get a flesh out of the relationships with Chewie and Lando that are more satisfying to explain what comes later.

I'd like to see a Lando movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. I think it takes place closer to the events of Revenge of the Sith. Han had to be in his early-mid 30’s in ANH. He’s clearly in his early 20’s in this movie. The rebellion was well on its way within a couple of years of ANH it seems it’s in its incubation during Solo.
Let’s do the math...

Sith ends approx 18 years before the beginning of Hope. L&L were about 18 during Hope, and Han was supposed to be early 30s (let’s just call it 32??).

At the beginning of Solo, Han and Qi’Ra are referred to as “kids” as they were essentially in an Oliver Twist situation. Let’s call them 18.

Han joins up with Beckett 3 years later (this is specifically stated). So Han is approx 21 during the bulk of the movie. So it takes place approx 11 years pre Hope.

Maul confronts Obiwan on Tatooine after the Rebels time jump, correct? Rebels ends not long before the events of RO. The entire series of Rebels covers what, maybe 6 years (time jump included)? If this is so, than Solo takes place 4 or 5 years before Rebels.

Timeline works.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s do the math...

Sith ends approx 18 years before the beginning of Hope. L&L were about 18 during Hope, and Han was supposed to be early 30s (let’s just call it 32??).

At the beginning of Solo, Han and Qi’Ra are referred to as “kids” as they were essentially in an Oliver Twist situation. Let’s call them 18.

Han joins up with Beckett 3 years later (this is specifically stated). So Han is approx 21 during the bulk of the movie. So it takes place approx 11 years pre Hope.

Maul confronts Obiwan on Tatooine after the Rebels time jump, correct? Rebels ends not long before the events of RO. The entire series of Rebels covers what, maybe 6 years (time jump included)? If this is so, than Solo takes place 4 or 5 years before Rebels.

Timeline works.
I’ll take your word for it since I never really watched Rebels or Clone Wars. My 12 year old son could probably answer those for me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take your word for it since I never really watched Rebels or Clone Wars. My 12 year old son could probably answer those for me.
I recommend them. Clone Wars was REALLY good. Rebels was a’ight.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While not referenced in the movie what do you guys think about Qi'ra potentially being Rey's mother? And while Han's not her father it would explain why he seemed to have a connection with her in TFA since he knew her mother extremely well.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While not referenced in the movie what do you guys think about Qi'ra potentially being Rey's mother? And while Han's not her father it would explain why he seemed to have a connection with her in TFA since he knew her mother extremely well.
An interesting explanation, but didn't Rey and Kylo both confirm in TLJ that her parents were nobodies?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebels definitely takes place after Solo.

I wouldn't read too much into Kylo Ren's comment as he could either be BSing, or perhaps in his opinion Qi'ra is a nobody. I mean he's Darth Vader's grandson, as well as the grandson of the former queen of Emperor Palpetine's home planet. He has some pretty famous parents too and his mother's adopted family were a pretty big deal on Alderan.

It's not hard to imagine that he might think an orphan that grew up on the streets of the industrial planet of Corrillia who managed find work for a Sith castoff turned mobster, could be a nobody.

I'm just not real sure the age would work. She's about 30 (well the actress is but the character might 25ish) in Solo which takes place 10 years before A New Hope. Rey wasn't born until when? About 20 years after A New Hope? I'm not sure she has anything to do with Rey but if she does then grandmother seems more likely to me. This could work with her also being Obiwan's grand-daughter since there's a good chance she'll appear in the Obiwan movie given her connection to Maul.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebels definitely takes place after Solo.

I wouldn't read too much into Kylo Ren's comment as he could either be BSing, or perhaps in his opinion Qi'ra is a nobody. I mean he's Darth Vader's grandson, as well as the grandson of the former queen of Emperor Palpetine's home planet. He has some pretty famous parents too and his mother's adopted family were a pretty big deal on Alderan.

It's not hard to imagine that he might think an orphan that grew up on the streets of the industrial planet of Corrillia who managed find work for a Sith castoff turned mobster, could be a nobody.

I'm just not real sure the age would work. She's about 30 (well the actress is but the character might 25ish) in Solo which takes place 10 years before A New Hope. Rey wasn't born until when? About 20 years after A New Hope? I'm not sure she has anything to do with Rey but if she does then grandmother seems more likely to me. This could work with her also being Obiwan's grand-daughter since there's a good chance she'll appear in the Obiwan movie given her connection to Maul.

Actually I believe the opening was set about 10 years before ANH so the rest would have been about 7. But yeah she'd still be a pretty old mother I think.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first movie is called Star Wars. No self respecting SW fan calls it A New Hope.
Just because you say it again doesn’t make it any less wrong.

I call it New Hope, and most everyone I know refers to it as New Hope.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I believe the opening was set about 10 years before ANH so the rest would have been about 7. But yeah she'd still be a pretty old mother I think.
So you are proposing that Han was approx 28 in ANH?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are proposing that Han was approx 28 in ANH?

Wasn't necessarily suggesting an age in either of the 2 movies as I'm not really sure. I just thought I heard recently somewhere that the opening of the movie was set approximately 10 years before A New Hope. Pretty sure HF was probably in his mid-30s by then but I believe all the main characters were younger than their actors.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't necessarily suggesting an age in either of the 2 movies as I'm not really sure. I just thought I heard recently somewhere that the opening of the movie was set approximately 10 years before A New Hope. Pretty sure HF was probably in his mid-30s by then but I believe all the main characters were younger than their actors.
Based on my timeline mapping (earlier in the thread), I estimate the beginning of Solo to take place approx 14 years before ANH.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this information can be found on Wookiepedia.com. Here are several events that happened in this timeframe:

Han Solo born: 32 BBY (Before the battle of Yavin)
Qi'ra born: 31 BBY
Lando born: 30 BBY
Revenge of the Sith: 19 BBY
Ezra Bridger born: 19 BBY
Luke and Leia born: 19 BBY (2 days after Ezra)
Lyra Erso killed and Galen taken by Krennic: 13 BBY
Solo: A Star Wars Story: 13-10 BBY
Star Wars Rebels: 5-1 BBY (not the part where they advance past RoTJ)
Maul dies: 2 BBY
Rogue One: 0 BBY (days before A New Hope)
A new Hope: 0 BBY

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this information can be found on Wookiepedia.com. Here are several events that happened in this timeframe:

Han Solo born: 32 BBY (Before the battle of Yavin)
Qi'ra born: 31 BBY
Lando born: 30 BBY
Revenge of the Sith: 19 BBY
Ezra Bridger born: 19 BBY
Luke and Leia born: 19 BBY (2 days after Ezra)
Lyra Erso killed and Galen taken by Krennic: 13 BBY
Solo: A Star Wars Story: 13-10 BBY
Star Wars Rebels: 5-1 BBY (not the part where they advance past RoTJ)
Maul dies: 2 BBY
Rogue One: 0 BBY (days before A New Hope)
A new Hope: 0 BBY
It isn’t cannon that Maul died in his confrontation w Obiwan on Tatooine. All we know, cannon-wise, is that Maul found him and they fought.

Am I remembering that incorrectly?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t cannon that Maul died in his confrontation w Obiwan on Tatooine. All we know, cannon-wise, is that Maul found him and they fought.

Am I remembering that incorrectly?

?

We saw Maul die at the hands of Obi-Wan on Tatooine in Star Wars Rebels. And Rebels is canon.

"Seeking hope and purpose, Maul sought Kenobi on Tatooine, the planet where he first revealed himself to the Jedi. Kenobi cut him down during a brief lightsaber duel, ending Maul's quest for vengeance. Maul died with the knowledge that Kenobi was protecting Luke Skywalker, finding some peace in the idea that the end of the Sith was at hand and that he would be avenged."

latest

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

We saw Maul die at the hands of Obi-Wan on Tatooine in Star Wars Rebels. And Rebels is canon.

"Seeking hope and purpose, Maul sought Kenobi on Tatooine, the planet where he first revealed himself to the Jedi. Kenobi cut him down during a brief lightsaber duel, ending Maul's quest for vengeance. Maul died with the knowledge that Kenobi was protecting Luke Skywalker, finding some peace in the idea that the end of the Sith was at hand and that he would be avenged."

latest
So I did misremember the scene.

Thanks

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did misremember the scene.

Thanks

Here it is for you or anyone else interested in checking it out. Really cool scene.

If you look closely, Maul tries to pull the same move that got Qui-Gon Jinn killed. Obi-Wan was ready for it.