• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

..... So you have a new coach .....

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. Cain Hall would still be the nicest dorm on campus IMO if it was open to students. Lots of space and a dining hall in your building. Not a single dorm offers that at A&M.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong can't enforce the football players to live on campus since the NCAA won't allow athletes to live in the same dorm anymore.They have to be treated like regular students.
I didn't know that. Learn something new every day.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you have a new coach because the old one wasn’t working out. Your team hasn’t been winning enough, and you’re down in the dumps.
What do you tell your new coach to do:
A. A. Quickly pull together the team and try to do well right from the start. Keep in mind, we brought you here to win. Start winning. Start the best players in the best scheme to fit the team you have in hand. I mean, you owe it to those Seniors and Juniors who came to play at the University. You can start implementing the scheme and culture as you go along, but definitely start winning now.
B. B. Build YOUR team. You have a Honeymoon period. We know the team is not that good right now, and we don’t expect you to win coming out the gate. Implement the schemes you want to implement. Go ahead and start and rotate-in the younger players and your recruiting class so that the team can be good in 3 years. Don't worry about the older players. We want you to build a solid winning culture for the future; take your time.

NEITHER!

We have a new coach because desperate big budget teams are constantly waving money and kidnapping our coaches. So we keep doing what we've been doing, promote from within and keep winning.

The new hires are alums and others connected in some way to the program. They will continue the culture, and why not? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm excited about the new coach, I watched him grow up. But I like the new offensive and defensive coordinators just as much, offense Sanford from Stanford and Yates from A & M. Great hires! Marcel has 6 former players in his short career on NFL rosters, and brought a 4 star guy with him back to Boise. What's not to like?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. Cain Hall would still be the nicest dorm on campus IMO if it was open to students. Lots of space and a dining hall in your building. Not a single dorm offers that at A&M.

Checkmate UT has better dorms better close the program down now and save yourself the embarrassment.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hookem works for the campus.

He knows those dorms in and out at A&M. It wasn't bashing A&M.

It was an honest assessment of campus dorm life.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong answers my question (relayed by 'sources')
Strong expectations:

Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front two rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.
No headphones in class. No texting in class. Sit up and take notes.
If a player misses a class, he runs until it hurts. If he misses two classes, his entire position unit runs. If he misses three, the position coach runs. The position coaches don't want to run.
No earrings in the football building. No drugs. No stealing. No guns. Treat women with respect.
Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they're a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.
The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.
There's no time for a rebuild. "I don't have time for that." The expectation is that Texas wins now.
Players will learn that they would rather practice than milk a minor injury.
The focus is on winning and graduating. Anything extraneous to that is a distraction and will be stamped out or removed.
Strong met individually with seniors and key leaders and re-emphasized that the plan is to win now. They can lead the new culture or be run over by it.
"I don't want to talk about things. I'd rather do things. We just talked. Now it's time to do."

Holy shit, that's just what I wanted to hear. LIke I said, these spoiled babies are in for a rude awakening. I hope he also gets rid of the fucking music played in the indoor field b/c Mack wanted to make sure practice was a "fun" setting. Bring it on, Coach Strong!!!!!

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M has a brand new state of the art dorm that just opened and is about to build another. It wasn't a knock on the dorms at A&M (although there are some crappy ones that need to be bulldozed). I just think Cain Hall had one of the best locations and amenities on campus. It just got turned into office space. Nothing more meant by it.

I especially don't know the current state of UT dorms and wasn't comparing.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEITHER!

We have a new coach because desperate big budget teams are constantly waving money and kidnapping our coaches. So we keep doing what we've been doing, promote from within and keep winning.

That's not the scenario I described. but thanks for the notes. :noidea:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the scenario I described. but thanks for the notes. :noidea:

The supreme revenge is that my team always, with the new staff, out paces the team that blew endowment money on the coach they stole.

You know, the last time I checked, the coach can't score or tackle. The players do. Those down and out schools would be better served to look at themselves. What is the underlying culture and climate? How are players transitioned in? What standards are set, off season programs, and who are the staff members who work day by day with the players?

Yeah, the coach gets the publicity. But maybe, just maybe, before seeking some Messiah to save you, big schools desperate to win, how about looking at everyone UNDER the top names? How about figuring out the whole picture? Yeah, I know, that involves work. Better to fire the coach and pray for a miracle. Got news, most miracles require a lot of work.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The supreme revenge is that my team always, with the new staff, out paces the team that blew endowment money on the coach they stole.

You know, the last time I checked, the coach can't score or tackle. The players do. Those down and out schools would be better served to look at themselves. What is the underlying culture and climate? How are players transitioned in? What standards are set, off season programs, and who are the staff members who work day by day with the players?

Yeah, the coach gets the publicity. But maybe, just maybe, before seeking some Messiah to save you, big schools desperate to win, how about looking at everyone UNDER the top names? How about figuring out the whole picture? Yeah, I know, that involves work. Better to fire the coach and pray for a miracle. Got news, most miracles require a lot of work.

Or just be in a shit conference like BSU, and you would see big money schools like Texas, go undefeated every year and have inflated wins due to playing in said shit conference.