• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who would you rather play now?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax fellas.....it's like a 10% chance I go.....probably less. I'll verify my whereabouts next week so no one blames me if things go bad.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home field for sure

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of Packer fans around here, especially when they do good. I just know if the Giants beat the Packers and then the 49ers beat the Giants, all I would hear from the Packers (and even the Bears) fans is "They wouldn't have won at Lambeau."

If the 49ers win at Lambeau, the Packers can't say anything. If the Packers beat the 49ers, then I can't say anything. I want the road to the Super Bowl to be the hardest for the 49ers. If they don't get to the Super Bowl, then they didn't earn it. They already exceeded many expectations - if they don't make it, then I won't be disappointed. A year ago, they got 3rd in the worst division in NFL history.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Packers to beat Giants. I want Alex Smith Vs Rodgers. I'd love to see how he handles the pressure, and if it lights a fire in him. I know if I was in his situation the chip on my shoulder would fuel me, he will probably say he has none because it's the pro athlete thing to say, but I bet it would mean something to him. We've been told we can't beat Packers, most fans believe it. I have doubts, but a Superbowl victory would mean more to me if we beat the best. Returning to beat our old rivals, while they are on top would be the greatest feeling in the world.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Six of one half dozen of the other. After seeing the game today, I don't care. Th eNinder cans prep for either. It is something to see a great coached team.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I want Packers to beat Giants. I want Alex Smith Vs Rodgers. I'd love to see how he handles the pressure, and if it lights a fire in him. I know if I was in his situation the chip on my shoulder would fuel me, he will probably say he has none because it's the pro athlete thing to say, but I bet it would mean something to him. We've been told we can't beat Packers, most fans believe it. I have doubts, but a Superbowl victory would mean more to me if we beat the best. Returning to beat our old rivals, while they are on top would be the greatest feeling in the world.

^ ^ This ^ ^

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think smith answered how he handles pressure with his performance. toe to toe with brees at the end was a thing of beauty

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already found a $300 plane ticket. I'm tempted to book it and see what happens. My only fear is I don't have a good record of victories in person. I'm like 1-4. The only win was the year we knocked Denver out the playoffs. I saw them lose in ATL, GB, CHI, and STL.

So you were at a SB win. Sounds good to me.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather play the Giants @ HOME.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After tonight I'm afraid to play the Pats.

Their O-line protected well (better than the Saints), they did not turn the ball over like the Saints, and they have weapons and a TE that cannot be covered (like the Saints).

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you were at a SB win. Sounds good to me.

No i think he means the year our team sucked, and we spoiled their season. May have been during the season of the reggie bush bowl, people where mad we did it lol.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their O-line protected well (better than the Saints), they did not turn the ball over like the Saints, and they have weapons and a TE that cannot be covered (like the Saints).

We will see how they look against the Ravens next week because I don't see how Houston beats them. It will be a game of running backs and probably come down to which QB either makes a play or just which one doesnt make the mistake. I really like the Ravens to win it though and challenge New England next week.

Don't give to much credit to the Patroits though. The Broncos are not a good team. It's very possible we get a Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Super Bowl. Now wouldn't that be something special?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Broncos defense is nothing compared to the 49ers D

Defensive Comparison *Only the 16-game season stats

PPG

49ers - 14.3 (2nd)
Broncos - 24.4 (24th)

YDS/GAME

49ers - 308.2 (4th)
Broncos - 357.8 (20th)

RUSH YDS/GAME

49ers - 77.3 (1st)
Broncos - 124.4 (22nd)

PASS YDS/GAME

49ers - 230.9 (16th)
Broncos - 231.5 (18th)

INTERCEPTIONS

49ers - 23 (2nd)
Broncos - 9 (30th)

FORCED FUMBLES

49ers - 18 (2nd)
Broncos - 10 (23rd)

I think the 49ers would do far better against the Patriots than the Broncos would. Broncos defense isn't near as good as the 49ers defense this season.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No i think he means the year our team sucked, and we spoiled their season. May have been during the season of the reggie bush bowl, people where mad we did it lol.

It was alex's second year, first with Norv. Nedney kicked a FG in OT to win it. I was there as well. Coldest game I have ever been to in my life

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was alex's second year, first with Norv. Nedney kicked a FG in OT to win it. I was there as well. Coldest game I have ever been to in my life

I almost put that in my post as well. My feet and hands were numb by the end of the game. It was right after Denver had two huge blizzards. Snow everywhere in the streets of Denver.

This was also the trip I got Gore's autograph and spoke to him for about 5 minutes. Really nice guy. Most of the team and the TV crew were at the ESPN Zone where I ate dinner the night before. Other than the freezing cold weather and the fact I was recovering from the flu (hit me Christmas day), fun trip.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think we have advantages and disadvantages over both teams in different ways but strategically the Giants because of homefield provides the biggest advantage but I firmly believe the way this team we'd have no problems in Lambeau. In fact I would say we're a better bad weather team than the Packers themselves are.

As a fan though give me the Packers. Partly because I'm the type of person that is most satisfied when you succeed against the best of competition against the odds. That way you leave no questions to your superiority over everyone else.

But mainly just by the sheer entertainment of what it would be like if Alex Smith beat Brees, Rodgers, and Brady in a row. That would be one of the biggest curb stomps to the media and critics of all time and I would love to see it.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take either at home before either on the road - So, GO GIANTS!!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the fact that home teams have won (and are winning) every game so far in the playoffs, I'd rather play the Giants.