• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, who wins the coming Andy Dalton sweepstakes?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, Mitch is not getting it done, looks terrible out there... It's frustrating when you have a lot in place but at that 1 important position you don't have a guy that can get it done... Bears have been searching for that guy for a LONG time now... I know that frustration, believe me... When you find a good QB they're gold ... Kinda hurts you guy's could a had Mahomes... @#$^ that would be night and day with that defense...

The D recently moved up to #1 in points allowed, #3 in yardage (despite constantly being on the field) and is #1 in yards per play (a more accurate representation of how they fair in allowing yardage after taking TOP out of the equation). This despite losing their two most important players not named Mack in Trevathan/Hicks (probably).

It's just disgusting watching this D constantly go to bat for this offense, bail them out time after time and only for it to still not be enough.

People can bitch about Nagy all they want and I totally get it. He has not called a good game this year and possibly could have put Mitch in a better position to succeed at times. That being said... let's see any HC get handed the worst starting QB in the league. THEN... to boot we'll give you an O-line that can't run block. Your RB's are going to average just over 3 YPC. Who could succeed with that? Then fans wonder why he's calling jet sweeps and option plays trying to get SOMETHING going on the ground.

At the end of the day, Nagy HAS schemed guys open for Mitch in the passing game. EVERY SINGLE GAME there are glaring missed throws, reads or Mitch just doesn't see an open man before taking a sack. Every game is groundhog day.

There literally just IS NOT one thing Mitch does well. There is not ONE THING Mitch does that you need in a QB. Just pedestrian QB play has this team sitting at 7-3 minimum. It's not even debatable. How can I sit here and throw a coach under the bus for that?

It just sucks because it's the same damn story with this franchise and it's REALLY getting old. Fans are getting fed up. Get the position right. Jesus. It's not even like they've been close either. Their list of first round picks since the 90's is a clown show. Harbaugh, Cade McNown, Rex Grossman, Mitch Trubisky... Then Cutler and Rick Mirer guys we committed to through trade. It's amazing that Cutler is the most desirable name on that list.

This team would have a ring this side of the century mark if they had just sustained "decent" QB play for a period of time under Lovie or over these past two seasons.

It's just fucking old man. And this time around I have HAD IT with the apologists for the QB who is failing. I sat there and listened to ALL of these excuses for Rex, Orton, Cutler, etc... you name it. I even defended them! Shit! But how can you sit here and go through this again? How can you not see that it's the same damn thing? IT'S MIND F'ING BLOWING TO ME. This kid is a CATASTROPHE. He makes Cutler look desirable. He's totally and completely indefensible. STOP IT.

Draft picks have been shipped off, we're committed financially to this team through next season. There's no point in stripping it down. You really don't have to. The D is fantastically assembled and pretty young. ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG ON THE QB. Find just a competent veteran QB via free agency. Use your two 2nd round picks on O-line. Try to go for it one last time in 2020. If it fails again. Then, yeah... backup the truck.

AARRRRGHHHAHAGSHEHEEHEHEH#U#UUHEBEBG

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would honestly take him next year. A career middling QB is so much better than this dip shit we trot out there every week. If we post 18 PPG we would be 7-3. Disgusting.

If you had the Lions offense (24 PPG) you would be 9-1.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D recently moved up to #1 in points allowed, #3 in yardage (despite constantly being on the field) and is #1 in yards per play (a more accurate representation of how they fair in allowing yardage after taking TOP out of the equation). This despite losing their two most important players not named Mack in Trevathan/Hicks (probably).

It's just disgusting watching this D constantly go to bat for this offense, bail them out time after time and only for it to still not be enough.

People can bitch about Nagy all they want and I totally get it. He has not called a good game this year and possibly could have put Mitch in a better position to succeed at times. That being said... let's see any HC get handed the worst starting QB in the league. THEN... to boot we'll give you an O-line that can't run block. Your RB's are going to average just over 3 YPC. Who could succeed with that? Then fans wonder why he's calling jet sweeps and option plays trying to get SOMETHING going on the ground.

At the end of the day, Nagy HAS schemed guys open for Mitch in the passing game. EVERY SINGLE GAME there are glaring missed throws, reads or Mitch just doesn't see an open man before taking a sack. Every game is groundhog day.

There literally just IS NOT one thing Mitch does well. There is not ONE THING Mitch does that you need in a QB. Just pedestrian QB play has this team sitting at 7-3 minimum. It's not even debatable. How can I sit here and throw a coach under the bus for that?

It just sucks because it's the same damn story with this franchise and it's REALLY getting old. Fans are getting fed up. Get the position right. Jesus. It's not even like they've been close either. Their list of first round picks since the 90's is a clown show. Harbaugh, Cade McNown, Rex Grossman, Mitch Trubisky... Then Cutler and Rick Mirer guys we committed to through trade. It's amazing that Cutler is the most desirable name on that list.

This team would have a ring this side of the century mark if they had just sustained "decent" QB play for a period of time under Lovie or over these past two seasons.

It's just fucking old man. And this time around I have HAD IT with the apologists for the QB who is failing. I sat there and listened to ALL of these excuses for Rex, Orton, Cutler, etc... you name it. I even defended them! Shit! But how can you sit here and go through this again? How can you not see that it's the same damn thing? IT'S MIND F'ING BLOWING TO ME. This kid is a CATASTROPHE. He makes Cutler look desirable. He's totally and completely indefensible. STOP IT.

Draft picks have been shipped off, we're committed financially to this team through next season. There's no point in stripping it down. You really don't have to. The D is fantastically assembled and pretty young. ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG ON THE QB. Find just a competent veteran QB via free agency. Use your two 2nd round picks on O-line. Try to go for it one last time in 2020. If it fails again. Then, yeah... backup the truck.

I only read part of that, it was very long. But let it out man. It definitely sucks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's simply not the case. I can assure you of that. lol. I post on the Bears board here and another one with a much larger Bears base. I also interact with many Bears fans daily. Those who still back Trubisky are WAAAYYYY in the minority. Sure, Nagy catches blame but the ratio is clearly Mitch > Nagy by a wide margin. As it should be.

I was reading the post game thread on Windy City Gridiron right after the Bears game. There was a lot of anti-Mitch posts, but there was also a lot who were supportive of Mitch and who were blaming Nagy for Mitch's struggles. I thought it was pretty close and that it may have been slightly over 50% in favor of blaming Nagy more than Mitch. I could be wrong. Maybe the Mitch supporters were just louder and commented more frequently.

I should ask my brother-in-law. He lives in Oak Park. Diehard Bears fan. I send him Bears jokes, but we've never had any serious football talk this season, so I've never asked him if he is still a Mitch guy. LOL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does Mitch really have nothing? I've barely watched Bears games, so I don't really know, but I thought that he at least has some nice physical tools and that those tools are what attracted Pace's eye. I guess Pace was very wrong about the mental part, though, but it seems like some Bears fans think it can be fixed with a coaching change.

Watching the last game, it seemed like it was almost all short passes. Nagy has no trust in Mitch, but I guess Mitch has done nothing to earn that trust.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only would I stop my lifelong fandom of the Broncos but I would be compelled to stab forks into both of my eyes if this happened. I've passively read your comical and slightly insane insights for some time but this crosses a firm line of friendly banter.

View attachment 223578

You know that you want your team to win the Andy Dalton lottery.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he goes anywhere will your team change as well? Will you be ok?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair she actually does have a point here:

Bears
Broncos

Could actually turn this into a serious bidding war for the red crotch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Mitch really have nothing? I've barely watched Bears games, so I don't really know, but I thought that he at least has some nice physical tools and that those tools are what attracted Pace's eye. I guess Pace was very wrong about the mental part, though, but it seems like some Bears fans think it can be fixed with a coaching change.

Watching the last game, it seemed like it was almost all short passes. Nagy has no trust in Mitch, but I guess Mitch has done nothing to earn that trust.

I mean, Mitch can't read the field. His progression consists of looking at his first read and then straight to check down. Every time he throws short is not always how the play was designed. A huge chunk of those are him bailing on the play because he sees his first read isn't open and just panics.

Mitch has passed up on open receivers downfield all season long to check it into the flat or take a sack. It's what he does best.

No, there's nothing to Mitch. He used to be able to run a bit but that's gone. Teams take that away from him now and make him play QB. He can't do it. His feel in the pocket is horrendous, his field vision is non-existent and his accuracy is a joke. Which is derived from mechanics and footwork which has proven to be absolutely beyond fixable.

Every problem he came into the league with. He still has it. It's year #3 and we are going on game #37. He is what he is.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B+

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Mitch can't read the field. His progression consists of looking at his first read and then straight to check down. Every time he throws short is not always how the play was designed. A huge chunk of those are him bailing on the play because he sees his first read isn't open and just panics.

Mitch has passed up on open receivers downfield all season long to check it into the flat or take a sack. It's what he does best.

No, there's nothing to Mitch. He used to be able to run a bit but that's gone. Teams take that away from him now and make him play QB. He can't do it. His feel in the pocket is horrendous, his field vision is non-existent and his accuracy is a joke. Which is derived from mechanics and footwork which has proven to be absolutely beyond fixable.

Every problem he came into the league with. He still has it. It's year #3 and we are going on game #37. He is what he is.

It seems that the prevailing thought is that Mitch is going to get at least one more year as the starter, as the Bears have too much invested in him to give up on him before the end of the 2020-2021 season. Would you say that's accurate?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Dalton stays on the Bengals. I don’t think @mrschaney could stand losing Dalton and @Rock Strongo in back to back football seasons.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the Bears don’t have any draft picks left since they gave them away to get Mitchy!

Interesting situation...Dalton is a starting caliber player. I do think CHI would benefit from better QB play, but will CIN have the patience to wait this out? He should have some trade value, only $17 mil cap hit in '20, but there's no dead money if released.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the Bears don’t have any draft picks left since they gave them away to get Mitchy!

Those draft picks are in the past. They don't have a first because of the Mack trade. They have two 2nd's from that deal, however.

And good chance Dalton gets released.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting situation...Dalton is a starting caliber player. I do think CHI would benefit from better QB play, but will CIN have the patience to wait this out? He should have some trade value, only $17 mil cap hit in '20, but there's no dead money if released.

The smart thing would be to wait it out and see what kind of draft picks you can get back in return. Its not like the Bengals have a ton of talent on that roster. This is a strip it down and rebuild team now....

And yes everyone is on board with Chicago being one player away, (well except the one Tribusky fan on here that will be along shortly) but the question remains are they/do they have the draft capital to entice the Bengals.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart thing would be to wait it out and see what kind of draft picks you can get back in return. Its not like the Bengals have a ton of talent on that roster. This is a strip it down and rebuild team now....

And yes everyone is on board with Chicago being one player away, (well except the one Tribusky fan on here that will be along shortly) but the question remains are they/do they have the draft capital to entice the Bengals.

Good points...The bigger question might be, who else would CHI be competing against?

The teams that come to mind...TN, maybe DEN...so that's a market I guess. Is Dalton better than Tannehill? Yes, but marginally imo...I think Tannehill will be much cheaper even as a starter...I don't see TN making a strong offer for Dalton. DEN...Elway is probably starting to get desperate. Will he roll the dice again on a vet QB? Or allow Lock a shot at the job next yr. At this point maybe.

I don't see MIA spending $17 mil on a QB next year when Joe Burrow or Tua will cost less than half that amount.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they hand those two 2's over for Dalton.

Doubtful. The Bears have exhausted enough draft capital with the Mack deal. Picking up Dalton's contract for 2020 carries a 17 million dollar tag. Cincy is not going to get two 2nd's for that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points...The bigger question might be, who else would CHI be competing against?

The teams that come to mind...TN, maybe DEN...so that's a market I guess. Is Dalton better than Tannehill? Yes, but marginally imo...I think Tannehill will be much cheaper even as a starter...I don't see TN making a strong offer for Dalton. DEN...Elway is probably starting to get desperate. Will he roll the dice again on a vet QB? Or allow Lock a shot at the job next yr. At this point maybe.

I don't see MIA spending $17 mil on a QB next year when Joe Burrow or Tua will cost less than half that amount.

I don't think Elway is going to kick the tires on another recently casted off vet.

And isn't there a chance Tennessee just sticks with Tannehill? Maybe along with drafting a rookie to groom behind him for a year?