• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...who is here from CBS?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets make this todays thread since i fucked up the first one and put it on the wrong board

Looks like that did not come to be. Oh well, at least I can post here in peace then.

Have I mentioned how much I like the ignore option here?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even that had been broken for over 2 months. You'd be fortunate to not get an error message when trying to post.

It is nice being able to hit the submit button and not have to worry about an error message, and then you hit the back button and everything you wrote is gone.:gaah:

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is much better than CBS

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrated much Jim? And good morning all

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, a lot of guys here...glad to see...I just don't know, what the fuck went wrong with cbs. I will still post over there. cause, I want to go down with the ship. but what the fuck cbs, what the fuck. I mean, really what the fuck. in my mind, things went wrong as soon as they took away the rating system.

Things went wrong long before that. It all started when CBS started banning people from the boards. Some posters started whinning and complaining about other posters because they felt offended. Sure hope that doesn't happen here. Thin skinned people should stay off these boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where is that at?

Just below the tool bar showing all the forum options, and to the far left, you will see something called user cp.

Go there, then looks for set up & options, then, go to edit ignore list. You have to then know and use the exact screen name of the person you want to ignore, and, after that, you will be able to see that your offending party has posted, but you will not see what they posted.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just below the tool bar showing all the forum options, and to the far left, you will see something called user cp.

Go there, then looks for set up & options, then, go to edit ignore list. You have to then know and use the exact screen name of the person you want to ignore, and, after that, you will be able to see that your offending party has posted, but you will not see what they posted.

cool, thanks. No wonder I am getting so few replies!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

easier way is to click on the user name that you want to ignore .. click on view user profile .. click on user list and then click add to ignore list ..hope that helps you out :suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, and thank you Misko. Any other hints you can share that you think us newies here would want to know about?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, and thank you Misko. Any other hints you can share that you think us newies here would want to know about?

your welcome .. I guess we will have to help with hints as the problems come up .. dont be afraid to ask if you dont know something anyone here will be glad to help you out .. and if I dont know how to do something I will find ya someone who does ...

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, exactly what CBS needed... an ignore button. Thanks for the tip!

Good to see Iron Horse. You are right IMO... when CBS started making everyone equal, getting rid of the ratings/reputation system, putting an emphasis on making a "quality" post went out the window. Then the trolls had as much of a say so as someone who had posted for years. It was the beginning of the end, the canary in the coal mine.

Now you don't even get an avatar or a team board. Oh well, good riddance CBS. This is a much better place. I bet some corporate exec is feeling some heat over losing a ton of their web traffic in a matter of a few dozen HOURS. Ya reap what ya sow CBS. See ya.

Glad to be here.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easier way is to click on the user name that you want to ignore .. click on view user profile .. click on user list and then click add to ignore list ..hope that helps you out :suds:

Except this is one of those things you can't do in the beginning. I noticed as when I click on someone elses user profile it says you don't not have permission to access this page. (or is this something that's just happening to me, in which case......figures)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except this is one of those things you can't do in the beginning. I noticed as when I click on someone elses user profile it says you don't not have permission to access this page. (or is this something that's just happening to me, in which case......figures)

Probably something that opens up after we hit the 50 post mark, which for me will be in an hour or so it seems.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for beer snob Toger fans!!!!

Thanks to the folks at Delaware North Companies Sportservice, Tiger fans in Detroit will be able to enjoy a large number of "craft beers" this year at Comerica Park. In right field, they have a craft beer stand that features 26 local brews, 10 on draft, 16 in bottles. You'll pay more, $8.75 for the draft in the 16-ounce cups or $7.75 for the bottles, but the extra buck or two is often part of the trade-up culture we live in. Higher cost, greater value.

"Craft beer is more than a trend," said Bob Thormeier, general manager of Delaware North Companies Sportservice at Comerica Park. "It has become a mainstay. Certainly it will never replace traditional beer, and nor should it. But it gives the consumer variety, and as such, it appeals to a broader demographic."

It requires teams and concessionaires to go the extra mile because true craft brews are certainly more of a challenge than the big boys from a distribution standpoint. But I believe, due to the demand, it will pay off.

Check out the selection of local craft brews that Tigers fans will have this season:

On draft: Bell’s Brewery Oberon, Bell’s Brewery Two-Hearted Ale, New Holland Brewing Full Circle, Founders Brewing Company All Day IPA, Arbor Brewing Company Strawberry Blonde, Atwater Brewery D Light, Atwater Brewery Dirty Blonde, Atwater Brewery Vanilla Java Porter, Arcadia Ales Sky High Rye and Motor City Brewing Works Ghettoblaster.

On bottle: Atwater Cherry Wheat, Atwater Purple Gang Pilsner, Atwater Detroit Pale Ale, Atwater Decadent Dark Chocolate Ale, Bell’s Brewery Third Coast Beer, Bell’s Third Coast Beer, Bell’s Brewery Kalamazoo Stout, Bell’s Brewery Amber Ale, New Holland White Hatter Belgian Style White Pale Ale, New Holland Sundog Amber Ale, New Holland Monkey King Saison Farmhouse Ale, Founders Scotch Style Ale, Founders Porter, Arbor Brewing Company Bollywood Blonde, Arbor Brewing Company Ypsi Gypsy Pale Ale, Arcadia Ales Whitsun Wheat Ale and Arcadia Ales Angler’s Ale