• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So wade is signing with Chicago

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers gave Kobe his due, Wade took less to make the Big 3 happen and only took 20 mil last year. Miami didn't do Wade right. A guy who has been with your franchise for a long time, won 3 championships and is one of the best Heat of all time if not the best. Pay the guy, but hey, it's a business.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While less injury prone that Rose, he's still going to be 35 this season and way past his prime.

Heat fans should be relieved. All that money can be put elsewhere.

I'm looking at the Bulls roster.
Rondo, Wade, Butler ???
I think the Bulls just became the 6-8 seed , 1st round fodder that I didn't want the Heat to be.

On the other hand, they turned Calderon/Dunleavy into Wade, so I guess that's a no brainer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo, Wade, Butler ???
I think the Bulls just became the 6-8 seed , 1st round fodder that I didn't want the Heat to be.

On the other hand, they turned Calderon/Dunleavy into Wade, so I guess that's a no brainer.

I really don't get this signing. In the NBA shooting for a 6-8 seed is shooting for mediocrity. I'm not saying they had to go all Sixerpalooza, but bringing on an aging vet clearly on the decline for a near max contract doesn't make sense.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and CB had the same agent?

I either forgot that or didn't know it in the first place.

Didn't he take less a second time for Bosh to get paid? Or is that what you were referencing?

I don't want to make lite of your franchise player leaving. I've been there man, trust me. For me on the outside I just don't see any negative to Wade going home here at the end. And I spent a good chunk of my life hating the Chicago Bulls. Chicago sports in general really.

Ties that bind: The Dwyane Wade conundrum

This article before he signed gave a solid perspective. He basically did everything he could for LeBron/Bosh(who also screwed him) and then was made 3rd priority this off season.

Pretty understandable to see him wanting to move.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not care what Pat Riley texts, tweets, whatever, he was done with Wade. He had been pushing him away for years. Now you get to rebuild with a max player who cant shoot and Bosh who is never healthy. I am sure something will fall into Rileys lap again. Wade will end up with less money here paying the state for 41 games, but with the Jock tax, they pay all states they play in anyway.

Really held that big three signing against wade since they used chicago as leverage and we ended up with the booby prize boozer. I am sure I will come around, since I wanted wade over bosh and James back then.

Gar Forman still looks like a dope still saying they want to get younger and more athletic. Well, Wade is definitely more athletic than Dunleavy, but this was saving face for two franchises that will only make the ECF with injuries to cleveland.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was 1 game away from the ECF, and was putting up 19 ppg, and looked great

Why lowball him, we have guys signing contracts for 50 million that score 4 ppg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was 1 game away from the ECF, and was putting up 19 ppg, and looked great

Why lowball him, we have guys signing contracts for 50 million that score 4 ppg
its still shocking to me that Wade left....i cant believe Riley alienated him to this degree.

The two players by far most responsible for the Heat's 3 championships- Wade and Bron- have both left the Heat within the last 3 offseasons- both on horrible terms with Riley.

NOT a good look for Riley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ties that bind: The Dwyane Wade conundrum

This article before he signed gave a solid perspective. He basically did everything he could for LeBron/Bosh(who also screwed him) and then was made 3rd priority this off season.

Pretty understandable to see him wanting to move.
good article...that bosh stuff is crazy- especially considering they shared an agent...like they said-- talk about conflict of interest...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not shocking. Wade wants to go home and finish his career. He's a better leader than Rose, but not quite sure what he has left. He is a good addition to all the young guys on the team.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Heat, it looked a lot like either side Wade or miss the playoffs and start rebuilding. Wade played that leverage and when the Heat wouldn't make up for the discounts he took in the past, he walked and got more elsewhere. Good for Wade imo. He's given for years and when it was the Heat's turn to give back, they passed. I don't blame him for feeling slighted. And now Chicago…Butler, Rondo and Wade--how is that going to work? They'll each want their own ball!

The Heat OTOH, are now a bubble team at best and a rebuilding team at worst. With Bosh almost certainly being forced to retire, and Wade leaving for Chicago, this leaves them with Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow and the hope that they'll land a great player/draftpick in the next few years. I wonder if this is Riley overplaying his hand. He got unlucky with Bosh, but the trash-talk with LBJ and now the slighting of the best player in team history won't look all that good to FAs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't really serious are you?

Pretty serious. That team as it is now can't shoot for shit. Cleveland, Toronto, Boston and Indy are clearly better so at their absolute best the Bulls would be 5th. And this is under the assumption Wade actually plays most of their games. If he misses time, which is likely, they're closer to 6th to 8th.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo, Wade, Butler ???

But don't you think the heat dropped themselves into direct competition with the Bulls. I really think the heat were in the 3-4 seed spots with Wade. I mean Winslow continuing to grow, Whiteside starting and playing like he did the 2nd half of last year. Now they seem around that .500ish team who's pushing for the bottom rung of the playoffs. Kind of too well coached and enough talent they aren't pushing for a top lottery pick, but not good enough where even if Bosh comes back well, they aren't pushing to be a top team in the East.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't you think the heat dropped themselves into direct competition with the Bulls. I really think the heat were in the 3-4 seed spots with Wade. I mean Winslow continuing to grow, Whiteside starting and playing like he did the 2nd half of last year. Now they seem around that .500ish team who's pushing for the bottom rung of the playoffs. Kind of too well coached and enough talent they aren't pushing for a top lottery pick, but not good enough where even if Bosh comes back well, they aren't pushing to be a top team in the East.

No, assuming which I do , that Bosh isn't playing.
We also lost Deng and Joe Johnson.
I also don't think Wade is duplicating last year and playing 74 games.
We were the 3 last year, but same record as 6.

I was ok giving Wade whatever we had left in cap space which was 20M+.
That was fair.
It was 5M/year more then he wanted a year ago.

IF he was promised anything more, then why was he ok with 3/45 a year ago?

To have to trade away draft picks or players in order to pay him more would have been a bad business decision.

It's a good year/opportunity to start a quick rebuild.

Next summer will vindicate that Riley did the right thing IMO.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, assuming which I do , that Bosh isn't playing.
We also lost Deng and Joe Johnson.
I also don't think Wade is duplicating last year and playing 74 games.
We were the 3 last year, but same record as 6.

I was ok giving Wade whatever we had left in cap space which was 20M+.
That was fair.
It was 5M/year more then he wanted a year ago.

IF he was promised anything more, then why was he ok with 3/45 a year ago?

To have to trade away draft picks or players in order to pay him more would have been a bad business decision.

It's a good year/opportunity to start a quick rebuild.

Next summer will vindicate that Riley did the right thing IMO.

Deng is a bit of a loss, but he's becoming less and less of a guy you lean on and more of a guy your creators create shots for... Joe Johnson is hard to say giving his minutes elsewhere isn't a bad thing at this point of his career. Both those guys last year were pretty much the epitome of your average forwards.

And remember last year the East was an outlier year where there were more slightly above average teams and real real bad teams but fewer of the below average ones. I think next year 35-38 wins takes the 8th seed again and I'd put Miami in there.

As for last year I thought Wade was looking for 50 mil guaranteed on that 3 year deal. I guess he was ok because it was on a much smaller cap at the time and would have been a 3 year commitment to him. Of course the same source (Wojnarowski) who said that Wade wanted 3 for 45-50 also said that this year the Heat offered 1 for 10. So if we are using him as a viable source now, we have a very good reason for Wade to be quite upset.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with how the heat went with their young guys the 2nd half of the year (Roberts, Dragic, Whiteside and Winslow), and how well that was working at the end, I think they continue to improve. And I don't see a big chasm between Miami and Chicago right now unless a lot more bad things happen to Miami.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bulls fan, can't say I'm happy about this move. If the Bulls were a piece away, grabbing an aging vet makes sense, but in full rebuild mode? Makes zero sense, unless you just continue to try to fill a house in Chicago with mediocrity. Gar/Pax said the Bulls were going to get younger, more athletic, then they went and signed Rondo and Wade, the Geriatric Backcourt.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bulls fan, can't say I'm happy about this move. If the Bulls were a piece away, grabbing an aging vet makes sense, but in full rebuild mode? Makes zero sense, unless you just continue to try to fill a house in Chicago with mediocrity. Gar/Pax said the Bulls were going to get younger, more athletic, then they went and signed Rondo and Wade, the Geriatric Backcourt.

Also, if Wade has an injury or goes into decline, he will take way more shit from Bulls fans vs Heat fans who at least got the benefit of his greatness and would give him somewhat of a free pass.
He really could do no wrong here.

I think he made an emotional decision, that he probably will end up regretting.