• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Victor Oladipo got wide-eyed during Miami's bubble finals run...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, doof, making a game winning shot of the road against a team that reached the ECF last season should matter, as Haliburton did in Miami just before Christmas.

The reason it doesn't matter in the eyes of the average fan is because most of us are obsessed with the GOAT debate and titles, as Dame had alluded to in his interview...
1 team wins a championship every year. But 16 teams make the playoffs. I’m trying to click on playoff stats. It’s usually on the right hand side next to regular season. Hmmm…wonder why that option isn’t here when it’s there for like every other player we talk about on here. Weird.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a regular season game. How much do you expect it to matter? A regular season game before Christmas at that

Did you want a parade?
Remember when Indiana used to be basketball country? Yikes. Basketball IQ is really lacking there these days. Oh well, at least they still have the strongest sects of Klan left in the country. Something to hang your hat on.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is 23 (my correction)… Give him a break. He’s even made a game-winner in Miami once this season.
Okoro has as many game-winners as Haliburton. Not saying much. The kid looks great but he shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Butler

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually 32-33 are peak years for a lot of great players. Not their peak athleticism wise but peak bc of their experience, bball IQ and leadership. I felt Jimmy the last couple years, that’s peak Jimmy. Could flow into this year, he doesn’t seem to be slowing down.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, doof, making a game winning shot of the road against a team that reached the ECF last season should matter, as Haliburton did in Miami just before Christmas.

The reason it doesn't matter in the eyes of the average fan is because most of us are obsessed with the GOAT debate and titles, as Dame had alluded to in his interview...

No...the reason it doesn't matter to anyone (except apparently you) is because it was an early season game that had no bearing on anything.

And the only reason it matters to you is because it was against the Heat.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone, once in high school I hit a shot from half court while being fouled at the buzzer. By the rules of this thread I am better than Jimmy Butler
That’s pretty clutch but as a spectator at a D3 college basketball game, I hit 6 foul shots and the 7 year old girl at the other end only made 3 so I took down the Red Lobster gift card. Jimmy Butler’s never won a Red Lobster gift card.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone, once in high school I hit a shot from half court while being fouled at the buzzer. By the rules of this thread I am better than Jimmy Butler

In a rec league game I hit a shot from the opposite free throw line at the halftime buzzer.

I guess that only makes me as good as Jimmy Butler.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. But Damian Lillard actually has competed in and won playoff games. Halliburton hasn’t played in a high stakes game to EVEN get to a playoff game. Maybe he will someday. Remember what my comment is about. You are the guy who is coming at a great player in Jimmy Butler. The Pacers haven’t had a player of his kind of clutch make up since Reggie. That’s a long time ago. I think you may be too dumb to realize this so I’ll explain it to you for a third time. You look like Rosie O’Donnell calling another woman fat ugly and obnoxious. It’s not a well run organization and no one wants to go and play there.
kaboom GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got you beat. Once in a game of pig, I made a halfcourt shot 3 times in a row to stay alive and banked it in every time. It was incredible

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 team wins a championship every year. But 16 teams make the playoffs. I’m trying to click on playoff stats. It’s usually on the right hand side next to regular season. Hmmm…wonder why that option isn’t here when it’s there for like every other player we talk about on here. Weird.

So basically, you think Damian Lillard is enough of a narcissist to believe that he was referring to himself and himself only in that interview.

I feel sorry for you if you're that naive.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, you think Damian Lillard is enough of a narcissist to believe that he was referring to himself and himself only in that interview.

I feel sorry for you if you're that naive.
You struggle to read. I didn’t say anything like that.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You struggle to read. I didn’t say anything like that.
He was referring to the league in general. In other words, a 23-year-old kid should not be judged on playoff performance the way you did so in post #21 of this thread.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was referring to the league in general. In other words, a 23-year-old kid should not be judged on playoff performance the way you did so in post #21 of this thread.
I didn’t judge anybody. You can’t read. I said we have no idea who he is because we haven’t seen him even play in those games. Why? Because you were coming at an established guy who has done it in the playoffs.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t judge anybody. You can’t read. I said we have no idea who he is because we haven’t seen him even play in those games. Why? Because you were coming at an established guy who has done it in the playoffs.
When my summer top 50 rankings come out, chances are I will, in fact, have Jimmy Bulter over Haliburton.

That does not, however, mean I would rather have Jimmy Butler on my team. I'll take the humble 23-year-old All-Star with a considerable NBA future ahead of him all day any day.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a regular season game. How much do you expect it to matter? A regular season game before Christmas at that

Did you want a parade?
Nice 30-point home loss to post-firesale Brooklyn BTW.

Guess the regular season means nothing even if this game ends up costing you your automatic playoff berth...

Turns out Karma had in in for you that this game happened after your post above.

And FWIW when my Nuggets lost at home to these same Nets a couple weeks ago I was quite upset about it, because, you know, the regular season does actually matter.