• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So two recently bad franchises are doing well this season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders schedule to end the season is brutal.

@ KC
@ SD
VS INDY
@ DEN

I don't see how they win that division considering KC home slate to end the year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders schedule to end the season is brutal.

@ KC
@ SD
VS INDY
@ DEN

I don't see how they win that division considering KC home slate to end the year.

They will go at worst 2-2 in that schedule. SD and Indy are very winnable. DEN should be winnable for OAk. KC is the hardest of the group. KC is their biggest challenge to the AFCW and they have OAK, TEN, DEN, @SD. No guarantees they run the table either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will go at worst 2-2 in that schedule. SD and Indy are very winnable. DEN should be winnable for OAk. KC is the hardest of the group. KC is their biggest challenge to the AFCW and they have OAK, TEN, DEN, @SD. No guarantees they run the table either.

Yeah I think KC go 3-1. Oakland go 2-2 at best. If that happens then both finish at 12-4. KC wins division due to tiebreaker (I got them winning on Thursday).

I would not want to be that wildcard team that is going to Pittsburgh wildcard weekend

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is a hard team to place...the DEF is good but their best attribute is turning you over...With Maclin back, Kelce gets some help...they will be a dangerous team, but I have no clue how they will do in the playoffs should they make it.
Chiefs have 2 huge issues: red zone offense (ranked 30th), third down defense (ranked 30th). They were 5th in third down defense the 2 years previous but those were the two issues they had against the Patriots last year when they were banged up so it stands to reason that the team has a lot of the same issues that it had last year and a lot of the same strengths if you remember the Texans/KC playoff game where KC got turnovers and special teams plays to win big.

KC's advanced metrics are down and usually this has to do with White or Gaines getting completely torched in the secondary. They lost to TB when they didnt have Peters playing and Smith threw a rare costly TD and other than that KC has pulled out all of the close games. In some ways its like Denver last year but in others its like the Texas Rangers in baseball this year. Im not sure teams constantly finding ways to win at the end is a good thing for a SB contender. You want to see dominance. KC has had only 1 opening drive TD all season which leads me to believe that they need one more weapon because most teams can shut down most of what KC is doing on offense and the coaches usually need to adjust.

My .02 is that the roster as is needs 1 more WR (maybe Maclin steps up) and 1 more CB to compete for a super bowl but the NFL is down this year so anything is possible.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 9 wins will get at least one NFC team in. I know everyone has kind of written them off, but I'm still thinking GB gets in. If they win this week I think that arrogant prick Rodgers may be right and they will win out. If they lose it would be a big set back to their playoff hopes obviously.

This week it depends on which SEA OFC shows up, but if they get pass them, 9-7 if definitely in play and I think that will get one of the WC spots.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs have 2 huge issues: red zone offense (ranked 30th), third down defense (ranked 30th). They were 5th in third down defense the 2 years previous but those were the two issues they had against the Patriots last year when they were banged up so it stands to reason that the team has a lot of the same issues that it had last year and a lot of the same strengths if you remember the Texans/KC playoff game where KC got turnovers and special teams plays to win big.

KC's advanced metrics are down and usually this has to do with White or Gaines getting completely torched in the secondary. They lost to TB when they didnt have Peters playing and Smith threw a rare costly TD and other than that KC has pulled out all of the close games. In some ways its like Denver last year but in others its like the Texas Rangers in baseball this year. Im not sure teams constantly finding ways to win at the end is a good thing for a SB contender. You want to see dominance. KC has had only 1 opening drive TD all season which leads me to believe that they need one more weapon because most teams can shut down most of what KC is doing on offense and the coaches usually need to adjust.

My .02 is that the roster as is needs 1 more WR (maybe Maclin steps up) and 1 more CB to compete for a super bowl but the NFL is down this year so anything is possible.

Last week KC scored 13 points on OFC...give up 28 pts on DEF and win the game....you can't call it lucky because they do it quite a bit...they were pretty much dead to rites against CAR...Peters literally takes the ball from Benjamin, they kick a FG, game over. I'm not real high on Smith winning a game in the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet against them.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are really selling the Lions short by saying they are only recently bad. They have been forever bad
Oddly enough, the Raiders have been even worse the last 15 years,

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit had like two good seasons in the last 15 years. I don't think you can really compare the two. Raiders have had none.

Oakland was in the Super Bowl in 2002

1996-2015:
Dallas: 2-7 in the playoffs, 152-152 regular season
Detroit: 0-4 in the playoffs, 109-195 regular season
Oakland: 4-3 in the playoffs, 116-188 regular season

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland was in the Super Bowl in 2002

1996-2015:
Dallas: 2-7 in the playoffs, 152-152 regular season
Detroit: 0-4 in the playoffs, 109-195 regular season
Oakland: 4-3 in the playoffs, 116-188 regular season
I'm not counting the Gannon era, which ended right before the time span I'm mentioning. You are cherry picking.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not counting the Gannon era, which ended right before the time span I'm mentioning. You are cherry picking.

You just said you were excluding a particular era and I'm the one who's cherry-picking, lol.

I went by the last time the Cowboys were truly relevant (1996), since somebody wanted to introduce the Cowboys into the mix. The Cowboys never bottomed out as far as these other two (especially Detroit).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think KC go 3-1. Oakland go 2-2 at best. If that happens then both finish at 12-4. KC wins division due to tiebreaker (I got them winning on Thursday).

I would not want to be that wildcard team that is going to Pittsburgh wildcard weekend

I like your positive thinking but nothing is certain on the Steelers playoff front.

I do agree they can be a dangerous team in the playoffs if they make it...beating BUF this week would go a long way in the effort.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 9 wins will get at least one NFC team in. I know everyone has kind of written them off, but I'm still thinking GB gets in. If they win this week I think that arrogant prick Rodgers may be right and they will win out. If they lose it would be a big set back to their playoff hopes obviously.

Lions fans haven't. If the Pack picks up a game on the Lions over the next 3, which is more likely than not, that would make their week 17 game in Detroit for the division title... unless the Vikes run the table which doesn't seem likely.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look who appointed himself in charge of the rules again...
Good to see you are finally coming around. It took you long enough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is a hard team to place...the DEF is good but their best attribute is turning you over...With Maclin back, Kelce gets some help...they will be a dangerous team, but I have no clue how they will do in the playoffs shuld they make it.
If KC can continue with those turnovers they can go a long way. That's what's hurting NE until the last couple weeks they weren't getting any. Hopefully, they are starting to peak? Well that and that little thing called lack-o-d

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best teams that haven't resorted to cheating
So you're new to football I guess? PED violations, CAP manipulation, faulty headsets, tampering...
Do I need to go on? Yeah Dallas never cheated:rolleyes2: that's a good one:pound:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans haven't. If the Pack picks up a game on the Lions over the next 3, which is more likely than not, that would make their week 17 game in Detroit for the division title... unless the Vikes run the table which doesn't seem likely.
Pretty sure those Cheeseheads are the front runner for the division.

Despite trailing by two games.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure those Cheeseheads are the front runner for the division.

Despite trailing by two games.

Yup, probably more like 1 game seeing they have the division record tie-breaker. I don't see much chance the Lions won't have to win that last game to win the division.