• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So texas has had 3 DE's decommit since the coaching hire

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star...3 star...Who gives a shit. Have you seen our defense? We'll take every DT/DE we can get. We already have a 5 star DE and a couple good DTs coming this year but we seriously lack debth on the DLine.

I wasn't talking about the Aggys.....I was talking about the defection to OU. That kid is marginal at best.

YOU guys got a pretty good player.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I am going to call BS. Thinking 5 stars have done pretty well there

OU doesn't have much luck with them. Some certainly pan out.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star...3 star...Who gives a shit. Have you seen our defense? We'll take every DT/DE we can get. We already have a 5 star DE and a couple good DTs coming this year but we seriously lack debth on the DLine.

Agree, in that DTs are one of the hardest positions to fill. And good DTs are a rare commodity. All teams need as many as they can get. They don't all pan out, but you need as many as can get, in order to find the few who can play the position.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a player development issue to me.

I really don't think so. It was too wide spread. I have a hard time believing that we had that many bad asst coaches. There's just no way. Also, if you go back and look at the number of 5 star player Mack got, it's pretty low. In college ball, one player can make all the difference. These asst. coaches guide players more than they coach. By the time they get to big time college ball, they had better have the skills. Agian, you just can't coach talent. You guide it. You either have it or you don't. We just haven't had those dominate players in a long time. Maybe a few db's.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with the SEC.
It had more to do with the status of Mack Brown.

I would not categorize A&M as having a two year run either. Only a 1 year run in reality....
The 2013 Texas class was actually a very strong class. It was lower rated merely because there was less than 15 total members. Texas had a limited number of scholarships available and could only get a small class of very elite talent.

The Aggies are having a better 2014 no doubt, but that is more to do with coaching.

No kid is going to commit to a coach who wont last more than 1 season.
It is a credit to the strength of Texas that they had the #12 class with a lameduck coach.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That kid from Arlington Martin is legit. Saw him play in high school a few times. Dude was a man amongst boys.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU offered that Lamalfoaophi guy yesterday....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 DTs de-commit, verbal, and 2 DTs announce they are coming to visit. It'll all shake out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 DTs de-commit, verbal, and 2 DTs announce they are coming to visit. It'll all shake out.

Actually 3. I doubt Texas gets all 3, but arguably Texas would be better off with the new group.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually 3. I doubt Texas gets all 3, but arguably Texas would be better off with the new group.

4 Star DT Poona Smith may be a better player than Zaycoven (he is ranked higher anyways). Charlie just got in the door and we already have a recruit from Florida and another from South Carolina who may be flipping our way.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POONA has already made it clear that he is visiting Texas the first second the "quiet/dead" period ends.

It seems like a formality that he is going to be wearing the burnt orange.
He is a Strong recruit and not a Louisville recruit.

it was expected. The Horns would lose a few Mack guys and grab some Strong guys.

It is going to be fun watching Strong reel in the out of state guys......

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POONA has already made it clear that he is visiting Texas the first second the "quiet/dead" period ends.

It seems like a formality that he is going to be wearing the burnt orange.
He is a Strong recruit and not a Louisville recruit.

it was expected. The Horns would lose a few Mack guys and grab some Strong guys.

It is going to be fun watching Strong reel in the out of state guys......

If he is really that tied to Strong (which it well appears he is), then all he has to do is decide whether he would rather go to a basketball school in Kentucky without Strong, or to a football school in Austin with Strong.

Seems like it may be a formality.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Just giving you an honest opinion. I didnt like the offer when it was made. It is not a secret that he was one of the weaker offers. You do not have to agree with me, but it is nice if your objection is couple with at least 30 seconds of his film. I did say 2 were solid and 1 was a poor offer. Occupant just mad it is his guy.

I don't have "a guy".

Just wanted to know what credentials you had when it comes to grading athletes.

You better than texico's coaches? You should apply then...because they've whiffed a few times recently.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which set of Longhorn coaches are referring to? The ones that got fired after the 2010 season, the 2013 season or the current set(Strong)?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Poona Ford 4* and Chris Nelson 3* that will be visiting the UT campus.
Two defensive tackles eyeing Longhorns | The Dotted Line | www.statesman.com

Nelson is expected to visit Texas on the Jan. 17. Ford a week later on the
24th.
Unless something drastic happens, expect both to pledge to Charlie Strong
once again.
“If (Ford) falls in love with Texas, the University of Texas and the people
of Austin are getting Poona Ford,” Payne said.