• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So sick of the Mariano talk

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what you saw and knew so far was bothersome, then this just might put you over the edge.

Mariano Rivera may not have even clanged a cowbell on Metallica's Enter Sandman but that didn't stop the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame from honoring the New York Yankees closer with a framed gold record of the song he's become so synonymous with.

In between games of a double-header Monday, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Cleveland Indians were both more than happy to present the legendary closer with a memento of the song that has signified his arrival in games at Yankee Stadium for nearly two decades.

It's hard not to think of Mo trotting out from the Yankees bullpen whenever you hear the metal band's ominous opening riffs — no matter where you are.

“I’ve got a gold record, brother,” Rivera said. “Without even singing, I have a gold record.”

The presentation was made by Indians team president Mark Shapiro and Greg Harris, president of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at Progressive Field.

It was the latest in what figures to be a season-long procession of ceremonies honoring the all-time saves leader as he prepares to call it a career at the end of the season. Rivera already has a ton of pitching records and Baseball's Hall of Fame will be calling in about five years, but this gesture seemed to mean a lot to the popular player.

“I think it was well-done,” Rivera said. “Whoever thought of the idea of giving me a gold record with the song ‘Sandman,’ it was great. I appreciate that and I know it will have a special place in my house.”

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this ^^^ has what to do with baseball?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never, if I live to be 100, be able to see past pinstripes. That hatred is a part of who I am. And I confronted those feelings when I lived in NYC for two years. I hate the Yankees. Period.

So basically we can just ignore anything you have to say about them since there will be very little (if any) logic behind it.

Thanks for the heads up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically we can just ignore anything you have to say about them since there will be very little (if any) logic behind it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, your comprehension skills are incredible. :rollseyes:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of the Mariano talk that I'm going to resurrect this thread so we can talk about it some more.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of the Mariano talk that I'm going to resurrect this thread so we can talk about it some more.

If you hadn't posted this, I would know nothing of it. I don't watch EastcoastSPN & I try to avoid any talk of Yanks, Sox, Pats, Jets, Giants, etc. They're so biased towards EC sports, it's nauseating for anyone from the WC. Fugetaboutit.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch EastcoastSPN & I try to avoid any talk of Yanks, Sox, Pats, Jets, Giants, etc. They're so biased towards EC sports, it's nauseating for anyone from the WC. Fugetaboutit.

KNBR, your 50,000 flamethrower of sports info.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have no idea how much this pisses me off. I hate the fucking Wilpons with a PASSION. :gaah:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree! Hate them too, but that is a local radio station. Not necessarily intended for a national audience. :suds:

As someone who also lives in that neck of the woods then, where do you get your sports info then. The A's new F.M outlet, 95.7?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea how much this pisses me off. I hate the fucking Wilpons with a PASSION. :gaah:

More than Steve Phillips?

More than Omar Minaya?

More than the Wilpons hate Maddof?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than Steve Phillips?

More than Omar Minaya?

More than the Wilpons hate Maddof?

Yes, yes, and I hope the Wilpons and Maddof rot in hell. :mad2:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who also lives in that neck of the woods then, where do you get your sports info then. The A's new F.M outlet, 95.7?

Yes. Now, the home of the Raiders too. I don't mind Mr. T on KNBR (but he tends to try to sound too much like Rome). Papa is on at noon. The afternoon guys aren't bad either (Towny & Bucher).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Now, the home of the Raiders too. I don't mind Mr. T on KNBR (but he tends to try to sound too much like Rome). Papa is on at noon. The afternoon guys aren't bad either (Towny & Bucher).

Gotcha. And thank you for sharing. I will have to check that out, on a day and time other than time for a game, so I can take a listen.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariano blows the save!!! Woohoo!!! :yahoo: