• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So NFL Games AREN'T Rigged???

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ever notice that about half of the refs in the NFL look like their parents were probably blood related?

What's up with that?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree...who would be benefitting if rigged?
People cry about it every year with their foil hats on. Yea some games look suspect more than others, and there could be a case to be made about helping certain teams with higher viewership to get ratings boosts... and protecting their 'golden children' - brand imaging type stuff.

But I don't necessarily buy it

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the NFL is in on it but I would not be surprised at all if we were to find out that ref's maybe make a call here or there to lean a game in the direction of the gambling industry.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lower colon shouldn't be subjected to that sort of cruelty.
pepto bismol 80s GIF
- you will need this.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pepto bismol 80s GIF
- you will need this.
At first I was expecting that gif to set off a nuclear explosion inside the stomach... Then I realized your intent was different lol

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a silly rule on every level. These are grown men making money playing a physical sport. If they can't taunt each other because of some butt hurt that truly takes away part of the gamesmanship.

My only guess it is some sort of way to force these grown men to set an example for younger kids? In reality it is silly actions by the player and a silly rule to call that penalty.
I miss the good ole' days of the Patriots dancing on the Chargers logo at center field!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it worked fine for me but I did copy it from youtube
NFL highlights are notorious for that. It detects your source and if not launched via youtube they will block it. It helps hinder the ability for sharing the video around many random sites.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch enough of the Pitt game to come to any conclusions. Sometimes guys get into a jackpot and need to bail themselves out, are greedy or do a one time favor for someone. Maybe someone called in a chip with JJ, but that was the only time I saw it with him. Point shaving has been going on in basketball for a long time, but usually in the Collegiate level where 5k means the world to a college kid. I remember when NBA ref Tim Donaghy was caught.
No doubt it's happened but as you said at the college level where many kids have no money. Donaghy makes ya think it could happen again, sure. I'd be shocked if it was instigated by a pro athlete or the NFL as many seem to think.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hilarious all day watching the officials focus on throwing flags for guys talking shit and hitting too hard all the while missing obvious holds and other penalties that actually affect the game. A good portion of those clowns need to be fired honestly.

I have a hard time believing the taunting rule has much to do with cleaning the game up. "Taunting" generally occurs after big, potentially game-changing plays. So it's a perfect new judgement call for the refs to use in order to change the outcomes of games, or at the very least shave points. PI and holding are the obvious other calls they use to fuck with games.

I don't believe that playoff games are rigged or anything but there's clearly some fuckery going on. It's either that or the NFL employs mentally handicapped people who they can't legally fire. Those are the only options that make sense to me at this point.
You think the NFL is having them rig games? To benefit who? Certain teams? Is there a reason why they might favor those teams?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the NFL is having them rig games? To benefit who? Certain teams? Is there a reason why they might favor those teams?
Did you see my reply to you?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea man. I just can't think of an explanation for why the officials make some of these fucking awful, game-changing calls and don't ever face consequences.

I used to think the refs were just incompetent. You know, never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. But then that doesn't explain why the NFL keeps the same idiots around and there are never any consequences to these awful calls.

The longer those really bad refs have jobs the more I lean towards believing that they're actually doing exactly what they're supposed to do. If that makes sense.

But, ya know it could also just be that the NFL doesn't care about bad officiating. I don't know for sure.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL highlights are notorious for that. It detects your source and if not launched via youtube they will block it. It helps hinder the ability for sharing the video around many random sites.

Yes they are! Freaking NFL!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea man. I just can't think of an explanation for why the officials make some of these fucking awful, game-changing calls and don't ever face consequences.

I used to think the refs were just incompetent. You know, never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. But then that doesn't explain why the NFL keeps the same idiots around and there are never any consequences to these awful calls.

The longer those really bad refs have jobs the more I lean towards believing that they're actually doing exactly what they're supposed to do. If that makes sense.

But, ya know it could also just be that the NFL doesn't care about bad officiating. I don't know for sure.
I think it's kind of the latter......in addition, it's a really tough sport to officiate.