• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So much for the Theory Peyton can't play in Cold Weather

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting ridiculous. I never said a thing about Peyton's defense; it was ONLY in response to you...or someone...suggesting that Brady's been carried by his that I even mentioned defense. Cripes.

compared to the 38 that our defense gave up.

...esp that last seven huh? What an embarrassment.

This is why it is the ultimate team sport otherwise the team with the better quarterback would always win every year.

This is like talking to a chick now....wtf has this got to do with this thread topic or even the current discussion? Yes, honey, I know that I leave my bathroom towel on the floor but that's not that we're talking about right now. Lol!

You guys with all of your hand picked stats. What's below 40 degrees supposed to mean anyway? A slew of NFL games are played under 40. Toss below 20 with a stiff wind into your stat fact generator and get back to me. I repeat, the two teams being equal, which QB would the NFC champs prefer to play against if it's cold and nasty in NJ this year?

Just answer the question.

So a few things here. A Patriots fan was the first to comment about the idea that Peyton has lost more playoffs games than Brady to which I responded that it is a team sport and the whole picture needs to be looked at. You then brought up that I needed to check my facts about defense and how Brady hasn't had a defense carry him since 2004. To which I showed that Peyton hasn't either since 2006 (funny that Brady when he had a good defense he won Super Bowls, Peyton has a decent defense in 2006 for the playoffs and look he wins a Super Bowl so again showing this is a team sport in which especially for the playoffs one player cannot do it all).

If you are going to insult me at least have the common decency to make sure one of your fellow fans wasn't the first to actually bring up the topic. Throw in all of you are coming onto a Bronco Board to puff up your beloved Patriots (who is really acting like the "Chick" here?)

Also talk about hand picking stats now we have to tell you about the wind and snow of every cold weather game Peyton has played in? So pretty much you are saying that the Patriots are going to depend on it being a cold, windy, and snowy game in order to beat the Broncos...Hmmm good luck hoping for that to happen.

Now since I know you would throw another hissy fit if I didn't answer your final question I think almost every team would rather play the Patriots than the Broncos in cold weather games. First off cold weather games benefit the team with the best run game. The Patriots run defense is just falling apart right now with the injury issues. Throw in the Broncos and Patriots offensive rushing attack is pretty even so then it just boils down to on the defensive side how they do and well guess what the Broncos crush the Patriots in that category. Then throw in the Broncos have had the most consistent offense in the NFL over the last year and a half having scored I think 25 points or more in the past 17 games (NFL record). They also are one of the better road teams in the NFL offensively averaging over 40 points a game on the road this season so traveling to New York really wouldn't be that big of a deal for this Bronco offense. Defensively by the time the playoffs role around (barring any other injuries) the Broncos would actually have all but one starting defensive player back on the field (almost identical defense as the one that finished 3rd last year in total defense). So the defense should only get better as the season progresses unless there are further injuries. Does that answer your question?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, you are wasting your time, I think. When a guy says an argument is invalid for reasons he outlines, then turns right around and makes the same arguments to defend his position, you really can't expect to have intelligent conversation.

Teams win and lose together. After both games with the Chiefs, many Chiefs fans stated, "we would have won if our receivers would have caught the ball." well that may be true, but the fact is their receivers dropped a lot of passes. Their receivers are part of the team and you win and lose as a team.

Tom Brady hasn't won a single game on his own. Peyton Manning hasn't lost a single game on his own. The idea that QBs have a W-L record attached to them is sort of pointless.

Here is a thought: Manning has played most of his career games in a dome. That means the vast majority of his cold weather games have been on the road. Most QBs have better home records than road records. Even Brady. It just so happens that Manning's one playoff loss with the Broncos was a cold weather game. Even Brady-led teams have lost at home in the cold, though. It happens.

Not all Pats fans are idiots. Some of them get it. Unfortunately they aren't always the ones who turn up to "talk football."

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Brady ball washers are giving chicks a bad name. Don't compare them to chicks.

Girls Rock.

Original point of the thread was only to show that Manning has played well in bad weather in individual performance if you look at measurable stats. Passing yards, TDs, INTs. W/L is a team stat. A QB starting and W/L record is more of a reflection of that complete team.

His years at Indy I could care less about. (Plus, I have never had much love for the Colts.)

He has played 1 post season game for the Denver Broncos.

One.

That is it.

In that game, he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs and had an INT in OT in 5 degrees. That is a very good performance in cold weather. That kind of individual performance is usually good enough to win a game if your defense can get a few stops.

Denver lost that game because AS A TEAM, they did not play well. While the OT INT was at a crucial point in the game, there were plenty of mistakes to go around that day, and mostly on defense.

But to say Manning can't play in cold weather based on the post season record of the teams he played for shows an ignorance that is fueled by only watching ESPN and NFL Network for your football education.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, it doesn't answer the question. The teams being equal which QB does the NFC Champion team wish to have on the opposing team...NOT which team would they rather face.

Can you just answer that one simple question? Then you can start a thread about whether the Broncs are better than the Patriots. This thread is about Peyton playing well in cold weather....and ftr, 40degrees is not cold weather for football.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, it doesn't answer the question. The teams being equal which QB does the NFC Champion team wish to have on the opposing team...NOT which team would they rather face.

Can you just answer that one simple question? Then you can start a thread about whether the Broncs are better than the Patriots. This thread is about Peyton playing well in cold weather....and ftr, 40degrees is not cold weather for football.

I am confident that the team winning the NFC Championship is not intimidated by either. They probably have a healthy dose of respect for both Manning and Brady, but they are not intimidated by either. We are talking about a conference champion, after all. So really it is a stupid question.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, this thread is about Peyton playing in cold weather.

373 and 4 TDs with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. That answers that question.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this thread is about Peyton playing in cold weather.

373 and 4 TDs with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. That answers that question.

"What does that have to do with it? Manning can't play when it's cold." - delusional NE morons

Face it, til Manning beats NE in below-freezing weather, they're going to beat this drum. Even if it's not true, it's the one thing they can hold onto.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windy games are more of a problem then cold. Pats have issues of there own and Pats fans should just worry about that and not Manning. Manning was on fire and didnt miss.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windy games are more of a problem then cold. Pats have issues of there own and Pats fans should just worry about that and not Manning. Manning was on fire and didnt miss.

Yeah, but some of our WRs did! :laugh3:

PS: It's easy to laugh about once the game is over and the Broncos have won.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams being equal I pick Peyton. He has done pretty darn good in cold weather and just showed today that when needed he can carry the team on his back even in the bitter cold

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams being equal I pick Peyton. He has done pretty darn good in cold weather and just showed today that when needed he can carry the team on his back even in the bitter cold

Even with a less than stellar performance by the defense/ST.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats needed help from the refs to beat the friggin' CLEVELAND BROWNS!

Y! SPORTS

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats needed help from the refs to beat the friggin' CLEVELAND BROWNS!

Y! SPORTS

By the time that play happened I had switched to the Broncos game already. I read a few comments and figured something had happened, a bad call against the Browns. Wow. That one was pretty bad.