• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So much for the Theory Peyton can't play in Cold Weather

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually look at the number in the SB Peyton won nothing that day, the Colts run game won that game.

Are we really going to play this stupid game of who is the better quarterback between Peyton and Tom? Why can't people just be satisfied with they are both HOF quarterbacks that will go down most likely as two of the top 5 quarterbacks to ever play the game? Isn't that enough? No we have to go about trying to discredit the other.

Hmm Tom's first Super Bowl win he threw for 145 yards with only 1 touchdown. Hmm yeah looks like he really was the major contributor to them winning that game.

Or how about their second Superbowl. The defense dominated throughout the playoffs. Good thing too because Brady was pretty average (and that is being kind) in the 1st 2 games of the playoffs before he had a good Super Bowl.

So I guess 2 of Brady's 3 Super Bowl wins he should really be thanking the defense and his kicker for winning for him right? Team's win Super Bowls not individuals. This is why the whole looking at Super Bowl wins is so overrated in my opinion because a quarterback can have a bad game and the team can still win on defense. Manning had some of that and so did Brady. Both carried their teams at different times and both were carried by their teams at different points. It is kind of how the game works.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Brady did nothing in the Championship game preceding his first Super Bowl. If Bledsoe doesn't come in, the Steelers would be celebrating that SB appearance, not Brady and the Pats. Plus, Manning had a pretty decent game in the playoffs last year. While disappointing, it's hard to hold that last INT against him after playing nearly 6 quarters of football. At that point it's sheer survival for any player. That loss is more on the defense than it was on Payton.

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Brady did nothing in the Championship game preceding his first Super Bowl. If Bledsoe doesn't come in, the Steelers would be celebrating that SB appearance, not Brady and the Pats. Plus, Manning had a pretty decent game in the playoffs last year. While disappointing, it's hard to hold that last INT against him after playing nearly 6 quarters of football. At that point it's sheer survival for any player. That loss is more on the defense than it was on Payton.

"Payton" T rest my case.

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Payton" ?? << This is just sad! :wtf2:

I guess I should've known better and just stayed away from a thread where the fans can't even get the guys name spelled right!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the wild card playoff losses and the Suberbowl loss to the Giants and Brady has lost 7 times in the post season and Manning has lost 6.

So to say Brady is better in the playoffs is subjective.

You can look at comp %,TD's thrown, INTS, to say who played better in this games, but bottom line is did you win a Superbowl.

So over the last 8 years, Manning, 1 Superbowl win and 6 post season losses. Brady 7 post season losses including a loss in the Superbowl.

They are both great QB's and they had great teams supporting them.

But ever since the Patriots got exposed for cheating (which seems to be a multiple time offense by coaches and people from that organization, Josh McDaniels taped the 49ers in London and it was the same videographer who worked for the Partiots when they were caught cheating. Makes you wonder how many times they got away with it over the years) they have been coming up short in the post season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without getting into the "Brady vs Manning in the playoffs" debate, I'll say this: All Patriots fans need to remember is the fact that the Broncos ended the Patriots playoff dynasty.

Consider:

Patriots (led by BB and Brady) before playing the Broncos in the playoffs: 10-0

since then: 7-6

Counting the loss to the Broncos, the Patriots are 7-7 in the playoffs after starting 10-0 in the BB/Brady era. They have still had their moments (you can't argue with a 16-0 season and two Super Bowl appearances even if they lost them) but they have not been the same team in the playoffs since the Broncos manhandled them following the 2005 season.

Brady vs Manning...who cares. It's a team sport. But if there is a pivotal moment in this era of Patriots football, it is that game with the Broncos. A game where they got smacked around like a kid brother. Before then, they were unstoppable. They haven't been the same ever since.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Payton" ?? << This is just sad! :wtf2:

I guess I should've known better and just stayed away from a thread where the fans can't even get the guys name spelled right!
If that's all you got, thrn you really are lame:lame:.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make a legitimate argument about why numbers don't tell the story of how much better Brady has been in the playoffs than Peyton, but that guy's clearly trolling and I have no desire to side with him on this.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brace yourselves, for I have a feeling we may start hearing more about how Denver's "destined to lose" this weekend. Forecast for gametime is in the 20's fahrenheit.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, looks like Manning will have ample opportunity to practice in such temps this week, if they so choose. Dove Valley will be in the 20's starting tonight with a peek into the 30's on Friday.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brace yourselves, for I have a feeling we may start hearing more about how Denver's "destined to lose" this weekend. Forecast for gametime is in the 20's fahrenheit.

We're doomed. Season's doomed. It was fun while it lasted but I guess it was all for naught. This game will no doubt result in a Patriots player smacking Manning and shattering his frail body into a million pieces. Our defense will then surrender enough yards to build a runway long enough to land a 747, and the Broncos will lose this game so badly that the league will force them to forfeit their remaining games this season, giving the Broncos a final record of 9-7 and missing the playoffs. Meanwhile the Chiefs will beat the Chargers and clinch homefield advantage through the 2015 season.

:L

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're doomed. Season's doomed. It was fun while it lasted but I guess it was all for naught. This game will no doubt result in a Patriots player smacking Manning and shattering his frail body into a million pieces. Our defense will then surrender enough yards to build a runway long enough to land a 747, and the Broncos will lose this game so badly that the league will force them to forfeit their remaining games this season, giving the Broncos a final record of 9-7 and missing the playoffs. Meanwhile the Chiefs will beat the Chargers and clinch homefield advantage through the 2015 season.

:L

oops! :laugh3:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why you say "oops." Broncos barely lost an away game to a team with the 2nd best record when they had 4 turnovers and half the defense in the locker room with injuries. To me if I were the Patriots I would be on bended knee praying that the Patriots don't have to play the Broncos in the playoffs. In fact if I were them I would be praying that I don't have to play the Chiefs either. They have a secondary that can contain Tom Brady and a running back that is better than Moreno who just tore the Patriots apart for over 200 yards.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you say "oops." Broncos barely lost an away game to a team with the 2nd best record when they had 4 turnovers and half the defense in the locker room with injuries. To me if I were the Patriots I would be on bended knee praying that the Patriots don't have to play the Broncos in the playoffs. In fact if I were them I would be praying that I don't have to play the Chiefs either. They have a secondary that can contain Tom Brady and a running back that is better than Moreno who just tore the Patriots apart for over 200 yards.

I'd have to disagree here after watching the game last night...... However, I can only imagine the damage Davis and Charles could do to that run defense of the Patriots....

Best case scenario: NE is forced to play the Chiefs in the divisional round, where they sqeak by, but are then bruised and bloodied for the trip to Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to disagree here after watching the game last night...... However, I can only imagine the damage Davis and Charles could do to that run defense of the Patriots....

Best case scenario: NE is forced to play the Chiefs in the divisional round, where they sqeak by, but are then bruised and bloodied for the trip to Denver.

I guess I look at it as the Chiefs have one of the better cover Safeties in the NFL that could actually have a good day covering Gronk one on one for at least part of the game. This then frees up the rest of the defense to do some damage. They also have a defensive line that can contain the run game (if you look at their stats this season they have been very up and down when it comes to stopping the run).

With the Chiefs offense looking a little better with them taking some chances I think on a good day the Chiefs could definitely beat the Pats. I do think the Patriots are the better team of the two but I also think the Chiefs have enough talent to match up with them. The Pats don't have the WR core that we do so Cooper isn't going to have the same level of talent to have to go up against. Flowers I think can do a decent job on Amendola so that frees up Smith to either cover Edelman or Dobson depending who is in the game.

I think it would be a good game at least. Just watching the Chiefs over the last few weeks they are making me more of a believer than I was when they were 9-0. They have shown me more in their losses than in those wins. The defense has struggled obviously of late but I think they could at least contain the Pats to around 28 and I do believe this Chiefs offense could get close to that against that beat up Pats defense.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I look at it as the Chiefs have one of the better cover Safeties in the NFL that could actually have a good day covering Gronk one on one for at least part of the game. This then frees up the rest of the defense to do some damage. They also have a defensive line that can contain the run game (if you look at their stats this season they have been very up and down when it comes to stopping the run).

With the Chiefs offense looking a little better with them taking some chances I think on a good day the Chiefs could definitely beat the Pats. I do think the Patriots are the better team of the two but I also think the Chiefs have enough talent to match up with them. The Pats don't have the WR core that we do so Cooper isn't going to have the same level of talent to have to go up against. Flowers I think can do a decent job on Amendola so that frees up Smith to either cover Edelman or Dobson depending who is in the game.

I think it would be a good game at least. Just watching the Chiefs over the last few weeks they are making me more of a believer than I was when they were 9-0. They have shown me more in their losses than in those wins. The defense has struggled obviously of late but I think they could at least contain the Pats to around 28 and I do believe this Chiefs offense could get close to that against that beat up Pats defense.
Patriots have talent at WR, but it's very inexperienced, and I think Brady could still find ways to victimize Cooper (And possibly Flowers) in their passing attack. Thompkins could also be in the mix here. The big question isn't getting them open against the KC secondary as much as it's getting them to hold onto the ball. I do agree though that Berry can contain Gronkowski. It'll keep Brady out of his comfort zone having to rely on WR's he's not comfortable with. Pats also have an up-and-down running game that could get going against the Chiefs. KC would also need Hali and Houston fully healthy to even have a chance. On the other hand, I can see KC's offense giving the Pats defense fits. I can see KC hanging 28-30 if they're aggresive and their WR's can manage to hold onto the ball. I can also see Charles and Davis gouging the NE defense on the ground, even though NE will likely be keying on Charles.

Chiefs may be able to keep it close, but I have my doubts this KC team could beat the Patriots were they to meet in Foxboro this playoff season. However, it could very well be a bloody victory for the Patriots. KC still hits very hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey blind homer! :L
I guess we should all just ignore the fact that the Pats had more key turnovers in the first half and that they were missing more defensive starters than the Broncos. And that they overcame a 24 pt hole! But hey, nice try with the excuses dude, naw, not really they were lame! Patriots do not and there is no real reason for them to fear Peyton and the Broncos. But we'll ignore the record book. Message to homer..the Broncos aren't that good!!! The Pats own your rental QB Peyton. And just owned your team!! But hey if making excuses helps your day go easier by thinking that b/s you just spewed. Then by all means carry on with it. Funny part of all of this is the way that things stand now your team can't lose another game this season. Or it's as Willy would say..on the road again.. How's that feel? :laugh3:

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone must really feel threatened by the Broncos if he would revive this thread after 5 days of inactivity.