• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So many wr in first round??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, there are many paths to ineptitude. I just happen to think that taking a WR with a top 10 pick is one of them. :suds:
Generally I agree but never taking a risk on a WR is also a plan to ineptitude as well. I'd say the average team should draft a WR in the first round about once every 5-6 years in today's pass happy league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions making my point for me lol
2003 Charles Rogers no. 2 overall
2004 Roy Williams no. 7 overall
2005 Mike Williams no. 10 overall
2007 Calvin Johnson no.2 overall
2008 Detroit went 0-16

So should I list all the quarterbacks that have busted in the top 10 as well and show you should never take a quarterback in the top 10? What about DE's that have busted? We could do this for just about every position but kicker and punter in the NFL. Taking a receiver in the top 10 is not the problem. It is all about taking the right one if you do. Any time you pick in the top 10 you need that player to pan out if you team is going to find success in the next few years. Those are premium picks for a reason.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really a silly argument. It's not about the position that gets drafted, it's about the player that gets drafted & the team that is doing the drafting. If you need a WR & your evaluations lead you to a WR as the best fit or BPA for your team, you draft a WR. There is always value at every position outside of the first round in every draft. Does that mean you shouldn't draft those positions in the first round because there is value at those positions after the 1st round? No. It means you need to do your homework & make sure your drafting the right player. Every year there are bust at many positions in the first round. This shouldn't dictate how you draft.