• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So many wr in first round??

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it, did teams not see the super bowl? Seattles doug baldwin and jermaine kearse both scored tds and help the hawks dominate,,,,both were undrafted fa's. Golden tate the other wideout was a 2 nd or 3 rd pick

I dont understand taking a wideout that early in the draft, is evans really going to help buffalo win, what about watkins with the raiders? Ive seen other mocks where the browns take a wideout

I just dont get it

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a deep position this year is all. I hope one of those top WRs are still there at 32 for the hawks

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a deep position this year is all. I hope one of those top WRs are still there at 32 for the hawks

If im drafting in the top 10 im not taking a wideout is all im saying

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If im drafting in the top 10 im not taking a wideout is all im saying
Probably a wise choice for most teams. Best move might be to trade down for a team who really wants one of those WRs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year the position is very deep, so I would at least wait until late 1st round. But if a team in the top 10 needs a WR and loses the guy they were targeting, you take Watkins. The guy is a future star in the NFL and game changer.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year the position is very deep, so I would at least wait until late 1st round. But if a team in the top 10 needs a WR and loses the guy they were targeting, you take Watkins. The guy is a future star in the NFL and game changer.
Watkins will be gone in the top 20 IMO. I was hoping Evans would fall under the radar to the 9ers...then the Combine happened. He is still my top pick for the 9ers. I know many want simple speed but this kid can pick the ball out of the sky and that is what the 9ers really need if they keep Kap.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it, did teams not see the super bowl? Seattles doug baldwin and jermaine kearse both scored tds and help the hawks dominate,,,,both were undrafted fa's. Golden tate the other wideout was a 2 nd or 3 rd pick

I dont understand taking a wideout that early in the draft, is evans really going to help buffalo win, what about watkins with the raiders? Ive seen other mocks where the browns take a wideout

I just dont get it
Percy Harvin was a first rounder. He also cost a first rounder in Free Agency after coming off injury.

Lets look at the Niners. Vernon Davis was a high first rounder. Anquan Boldin was a first rounder at one point. Crabtree? High first rounder. So thats 3 on that team.

Lets look at the Cardinals. Larry Fitz was a high first rounder. Michael Floyd was a first rounder. So thats 2.

Wide Receivers are people, too. Ill flip this around on you: Seattle won the Super Bowl with a sub par offensive line. Why would someone waste a top 10 pick on an offensive lineman?

There is no magic formula to winning a Super Bowl outside of having an above average QB and an above average defense.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a passing league now. Of course there will be lots of receivers declaring coming out for the draft.

I heard it talked about a month ago and it makes sense. there's 3 on the field and more at all times now.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin was a first rounder. He also cost a first rounder in Free Agency after coming off injury.

Lets look at the Niners. Vernon Davis was a high first rounder. Anquan Boldin was a first rounder at one point. Crabtree? High first rounder. So thats 3 on that team.

Lets look at the Cardinals. Larry Fitz was a high first rounder. Michael Floyd was a first rounder. So thats 2.

Wide Receivers are people, too. Ill flip this around on you: Seattle won the Super Bowl with a sub par offensive line. Why would someone waste a top 10 pick on an offensive lineman?

There is no magic formula to winning a Super Bowl outside of having an above average QB and an above average defense.

Offensive line is way more valuable then wr. You can patch together a wr crew.

What has fitz won for arizona?

Seattle won despite harvin....not like he did much all year sans one kickoff return.

If your the browns, raiders, jags hello blackmon, a wr is a waste of a top ten draft pick

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true #1 WR changes how a team can attack an offense. Look at the Lions in how teams have to give Johnson so much attention. There is not a single corner in the game that can line up one on one with him and consistently win. So that means when you have to put an extra guy at least every single play that leaves 9-9 (unless the quarterback can run) to actually have to worry about. Now most drafts their are not those guys who are worthy of being in that topic but every once in a while you get one of those kind of drafts like this one.

I guess for me look at Atlanta this past year. Yes more went wrong than just losing Julio Jones for the year but that was a huge part of their offense gone for the season. Even when he is not the target he is still making a play considering teams have to worry about him.

Now for me the only time you pick a receiver in the top 10 though is if they have that ability to truly be a game changer. Teams unfortunately have reached in the past for WR's hoping they can find the next Calvin Johnson. Well obviously there just aren't many out there. Now this year's draft I would say Watkins and Evans both can be big time targets in different ways for whatever team takes them. I would actually rate them as 2 of the safer picks in this draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line is way more valuable then wr. You can patch together a wr crew.

Seattle won despite harvin....not like he did much all year sans one kickoff return.

If your the browns, raiders, jags hello blackmon, a wr is a waste of a top ten draft pick

Well that's a no brainer. But a team that is more of a complete team and they need that one weapon on offense that can make them dangerous ot isn't that outrageous to take Watkins top 10.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you're that guy. That guy that always trolled Seahawks fan who never won anything. The guy you probably used to hate.

Fitz was beaten in the Super Bowl by a Steelers team that had a patchwork oline. And the guy that won the Super Bowl MVP was a WR.

It takes a whole team to win a Super Bowl and its a passing league

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck about O-lineman when it's 1...2...3 ball out?

This. You need em, but not as important as it used to be. You get 2 legit guys, with a couple average guys and you will be fine. You need WR's, a RB, and most importantly a QB.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no specific formula for winning SBs. Some teams win it with first round WRs on their team, and some dont.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you're that guy. That guy that always trolled Seahawks fan who never won anything. The guy you probably used to hate.

Fitz was beaten in the Super Bowl by a Steelers team that had a patchwork oline. And the guy that won the Super Bowl MVP was a WR.

It takes a whole team to win a Super Bowl and its a passing league

Hey im not trolling or trying to be that guy. Im just saying is that wr isnt as important of a position. Calvin johnson the best wideout on the planet maybe ever hasnt won jack. Oline, dline, secondary and obviously qb are all imo more valuable then wr....

If im drafting in the top ten im not taking a wr, thats all im saying

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I's have to agree with gowazzu02, I don't consider a WR as that important. Give me a OL that can give your QB time and good things will happen, even with blue collar WRs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline, dline, secondary and obviously qb are all imo more valuable then wr....
I think secondary vs WR is very debatable and I could see the argument going either way. If Seattle's WRs had to face Seattle's CBs, Seattle wouldn't score any points on Seattle.