• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who the fuck do you think wanted it written like that!?
THATS NOT THE POINT dear god you people and creating retarded issues then moving topics go back and re read this one bub wtf are you on???

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument works for P5 teams, not G5 teams. Funny double standard we have in college football. Everybody sucks Bama's dick because they lay 50-60 on shit teams but the minute we only beat a conference title contender by 1 point, "you play shit teams! Schedule better!"

It's laughable at this point.
So it's back to the already laughable argument that UCF is somehow being screwed because Bama has as weak of a schedule?
giphy.gif

Their schedule is garbage... by P5 standards. How many mid majors are ranked above them in SoS?
NCAA College Football Playoff Picture Week 12 - ESPN
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read that shit and get back to us...

I'll help you out, or at least help out others reading this far down this drivel that don't care to see it...
UCF is 119th in SoS, Bama is 35th. All this chest thumping over beating Cinci? They were fucking 109th...

Sure, clearly they are the exact same schedules though as Bama...

It really is getting quite pathetic at this point.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do i really need to quote the OP? I mean i am under the impression you are just deflecting much. After all it wasnt like i addressed you or anyone. However, the OP asked a question regarding giving ucf a shot. Naturally they would have to be considered one of the top 4
. are you with me so far? If so i shouldnt have to explain why i would talk about how or why ucf fans would think they are top 4..

The OP doesn't suggest that UCF should be in the top 4. He's asking if anyone thinks they could legitimately compete with any of the top teams. Ask anyone on here, noone puts them on their top 4.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THATS NOT THE POINT dear god you people and creating retarded issues then moving topics go back and re read this one bub wtf are you on???
They decision by Big 12 leadership NOT to expand came BEFORE they signed a new conference TV deal.

How fucking high are you?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's back to the already laughable argument that UCF is somehow being screwed because Bama has as weak of a schedule?
giphy.gif

Their schedule is garbage... by P5 standards. How many mid majors are ranked above them in SoS?
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll help you out, or at least help out others reading this far down this drivel that don't care to see it...
UCF is 119th in SoS, Bama is 35th. All this chest thumping over beating Cinci? They were fucking 109th...

I'm back to not reading anything you say anymore lol

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bama's SoS is NOT because of their OOC schedule. It's because they play in the SEC West.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They decision by Big 12 leadership NOT to expand came BEFORE they signed a new conference TV deal.

How fucking high are you?
Are you fucking retarded????????????????

The TV DEAL was on teh table at the same fucking time, the deal said If you dont expand we will pay you X amount more...

colorado tard calling me high lmfao

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that and am not debating it . I'm asking if you think it's possible a team could play a sub 100 SoS yet still actually be one of the 4 best teams
Clearly.

The problem is now, always has been, and there's no fix for, that there isn't enough 'connections' in a sport with 130ish teams playing at least 3/4 of the time in their own 10 conferences and so many garbage OOC games being wasted chances to connect them more.

So to give one of those 'might' be good enough teams a shot at the top 4 we are doing so off guessing and punishing other teams that DID play a tougher schedule and SHOWED what they are about.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheduling happens years in advance. Not our fault these teams fall off after 5-6 years.

Well, looks like you're just gonna have to keep crying about it and making excuses then. Sorry UCF can't live up to the G5 teams who made some convincing runs before them.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose if whoever in the top 4 that UCF was playing, the whole team came down with the worst form of the flu with it peaking during game day and caught pneumonia at the same time UCF might win, is that what someone was waiting for?? i guess there is circumstance i could see a UCF win.......

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's SoS is NOT because of their OOC schedule. It's because they play in the SEC West.
And that changes any of this topic how?

Bama and the other P5's get more chances at playing teams that catch the committee's eyes than G5 teams do. This means G5's MUST get at least SOMETHING in their OOC to make up for it. UCF hasn't. Bama doesn't have to. It is what it is.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like you're just gonna have to keep crying about it and making excuses then. Sorry UCF can't live up to the G5 teams who made some convincing runs before them.

Going undefeated two years in a row is a good consolation prize.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh The Zombie Apocalypse could happen and the whole opposing team could be zombies and UCF could carry axes i bet half the team survies/wins!!

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking retarded????????????????

The TV DEAL was on teh table at the same fucking time, the deal said If you dont expand we will pay you X amount more...

colorado tard calling me high lmfao

You're a fucking idiot. The decision by the Big 12 not to expand was literally because their current schools didn't want to split their share of TV profits. The networks weren't going to pay anymore with an addition.

The thought among league officials and athletic directors is that they are better off taking more money and staying in their current form than expanding. The addition of a conference championship game to the Big 12’s television contract essentially opens a window for the league’s TV partners, ESPN and Fox, to construct a new contract that would include more money for the current schools. Neither ESPN nor Fox was pleased that the Big 12 was going to use the pro rata clause in its current deal to get an additional $25 million per school.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure UCF has tried. Didn't Texas just renege on their home and home?
No idea. All I know is they have Stanford next year. If Texas did just bail on them they need to deal with it and figure it out like every other team.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the rapture happens and grabs up the opposing team before kickoff and UCF is left to win the forfeit?

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in another thread ( which actually was the impetus for this thread ) but let's use a hypothetical

Bama loses to UGA and finishes with a SoS in the mid 60s.

Michigan wins out and finishes with an SOS in the mid 20s.

Every person here knows there would be people here ( and in the CFB world ) advocating for Bama based on eye test

So how is that different from

ND wins out and finishes with a mid 70s SoS

UCF wins out and finishes with a mid 110s SoS

Is the difference between 25 and 65 actually less than 75 and 115? It very well could be . I'm simply not sure .
the ND reference had the win over mich.. If they didnt would be a diff story. ND got more credit playing and losing a close game vs uga last year remember. No matter how you slice it.. Ucf wont get in cus of their body of work. But if they win their bowl game.. They will come in ranked higher and they will have a better shot.. So yes 3 years undefeated? Even i would say give them a shot with the bowl win and stanford win..

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that changes any of this topic how?

Bama and the other P5's get more chances at playing teams that catch the committee's eyes than G5 teams do. This means G5's MUST get at least SOMETHING in their OOC to make up for it. UCF hasn't. Bama doesn't have to. It is what it is.

It's not the OOC scheduling that is creating the differential. Bama could beat the brakes off of Vandy and the CFB world would consider it a "tougher win" than what UCF has to do to Memphis or South Florida. That is the point.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would use Giant Sinkhole but that wont work as its more likely to swallow ucf...