• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Kentucky has an NBA team but can't even win in college?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA athletes. Not an NBA team.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Global Warming? But there were record snowfalls this year!!!!

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 all Americas that couldn't cut the mustard in the end.. NBA team :pound:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wisky beat them it wasn't like David vs Goliath.. It was like the Badgers beating the Gophers in a tough road game

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KEntucky has an NBA team, the badgers would easily win the east, and Duke would win the NBA championship. #HotTakes

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha seriously. Anyone that thought they could beat an NBA team was smoking something STRONG.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those 1 and done Kentucky players should stay at that "school". They'll be taking a big pay cut in the NBA D-league.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was channel flipping today and happened to flip to ESPN to check and see if anything was on. They had a press conference with all the UK guys going pro. I only watched them once or twice during the regular season and mostly watched closer games if multiple games were on during the tournament, so I really haven't seen a ton of these kids. Mostly just going on the informed opinions of the guys who do watch all of their games consistently, so I kind of expected this to be like an all star team or something I guess.

Anyways during this press conference one guy is on the mic, and he said something like; "We obviously would have liked to win a championship. But besides for that I think I have pretty much achieved everything possible in college and I'm looking forward to further challenging myself by going to the next level against stronger competition."

That's a nice little speech, and I can respect that as a reason to go pro. Afterall he must have been one of the biggest stars on this all star team. I'm sure if he was saying stuff like that he must have dominated games this year.

Then they showed his stats on the screen under his name (which I didn't catch). The dude averaged something like 6. 7 points and 4.3 rebounds per game...! WTF. How do you score 7 points a game and stand up I front of the nation beating your chest and saying these mo fo's can't stop me, can only hope to contain me.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those 1 and done Kentucky players should stay at that "school". They'll be taking a big pay cut in the NBA D-league.

I would say maybe they expect to get caught finally, or there are rumors of people having caught on.

But Calipari hasn't taken a new job somewhere else yet, so that can't be it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was channel flipping today and happened to flip to ESPN to check and see if anything was on. They had a press conference with all the UK guys going pro. I only watched them once or twice during the regular season and mostly watched closer games if multiple games were on during the tournament, so I really haven't seen a ton of these kids. Mostly just going on the informed opinions of the guys who do watch all of their games consistently, so I kind of expected this to be like an all star team or something I guess.

Anyways during this press conference one guy is on the mic, and he said something like; "We obviously would have liked to win a championship. But besides for that I think I have pretty much achieved everything possible in college and I'm looking forward to further challenging myself by going to the next level against stronger competition."

That's a nice little speech, and I can respect that as a reason to go pro. Afterall he must have been one of the biggest stars on this all star team. I'm sure if he was saying stuff like that he must have dominated games this year.

Then they showed his stats on the screen under his name (which I didn't catch). The dude averaged something like 6. 7 points and 4.3 rebounds per game...! WTF. How do you score 7 points a game and stand up I front of the nation beating your chest and saying these mo fo's can't stop me, can only hope to contain me.

That's a 50/50 mix of arrogance and ignorance. An NBA team isn't going to draft this guy ahead of a better player just because he went to Kentucky.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha seriously. Anyone that thought they could beat an NBA team was smoking something STRONG.

Yeah, I don't even know why this was an argument. UK has some good young talent, but even the d-league teams would take UK out to the woodshed.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens... If you go through the years of teams that were the favorite to win it due to talent/experience but didn't, I would imagine you would find a collection of players who ended playing in the NBA at some point in their basketball carrier.

40 - 0 would have been to experience as a fan but if I'm being honest, 38 - 1 with another Final Four and a legit chance to win another National Championship is far from being a failure.

Now, they'll just reload and try it again... a championship run that is, not 40 - 0.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons guys leave early is that the more they play, the better they are scouted. Majority of expected 1 and dones fall from pre-season mock drafts. The potential component of the scouting report becomes smaller and smaller part of the final equation for every year you play. Harrison's and Dakari are a great example of this. Last year 2 out of 3 were projected to get drafted in round 1. Now they all will have to impress in workouts to sneak back into the late 1st round, if it is even possible. You could argue all of them shoudl have left last year

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get why people thought Kentucky would have beat a NBA team either.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nba basketball is totally different thats why players that dominate college and stay 4 years are garbage in the league.. and 1 and done players are anthony davis, demarcus cousins, derek rose, durant, john wall etc etc