• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So its ok to give 2 finger salute to the crowd now?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen what half the players in CFB say on their twitter accounts, and other social media means....

It's why the majority of CFB programs now have people who monitor their players, the only reason this is a big spotlight is because it was seen on national TV.

Also we are so worried about the players, look at half the fans.. you really think their morals fall far from this and this was life changing to them and now they will lead down a path of wrong and this will be a reason why they will no longer practice morals or passing them down to their children. If anything use the context of these events and teach your youth that things like this are looked poorly upon.

The game is over, a gesture didn't harm anyone, may have been un-tasteful and certainly could have been handled better by the player himself but its whatever now. He did apologize and didn't try and just avoid it (even if it was pressed by the university)

If you're going to bring up 'well the conference should have because it has its integrity to uphold'... EVERY conference is about money, they don't care at the end of the day. Think this will be talked about next year outside of going into the OSU/UM game... nope.

This is truly trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill IMO. Honestly I would feel this way if any player on any time had done it. I've played sports, and coached, I know how they players can treat each other and the fans treat them. I'd laugh and move on, it has zero impact on me or how I view things. I'm sure Urban sternly suggested that he should keep a cooler head next time.

actually, it is making nothing out of a mole hill. a mole hill is what it should be. some sort of light suspension. a quarter. a half. maybe a game. instead he gets nothing.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when you get ejected, you can now flip off the crowd if you want, without fear of punishment, in the Big10. Does that surprise anyone.

And Ohio State fans not thinking it's anything.
Does that surprise anyone.

I love it!

Guess some people think he should have cried his way off the field.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen what half the players in CFB say on their twitter accounts, and other social media means....

It's why the majority of CFB programs now have people who monitor their players, the only reason this is a big spotlight is because it was seen on national TV.

Also we are so worried about the players, look at half the fans.. you really think their morals fall far from this and this was life changing to them and now they will lead down a path of wrong and this will be a reason why they will no longer practice morals or passing them down to their children. If anything use the context of these events and teach your youth that things like this are looked poorly upon.

The game is over, a gesture didn't harm anyone, may have been un-tasteful and certainly could have been handled better by the player himself but its whatever now. He did apologize and didn't try and just avoid it (even if it was pressed by the university)

If you're going to bring up 'well the conference should have because it has its integrity to uphold'... EVERY conference is about money, they don't care at the end of the day. Think this will be talked about next year outside of going into the OSU/UM game... nope.

This is truly trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill IMO. Honestly I would feel this way if any player on any time had done it. I've played sports, and coached, I know how they players can treat each other and the fans treat them. I'd laugh and move on, it has zero impact on me or how I view things. I'm sure Urban sternly suggested that he should keep a cooler head next time.

My mom used to always say "I don't care what your friends are doing..."

Seems relevant to this topic as well. Who cares what "half the players on Twitter" are saying. We are talking about this gesture on national TV. It isn't the end of the world, but ignoring it will only make it a major issue when it happens the next time...and it will...and the person is punished.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight... most of the board is pro helmet to helmet hits and hate the targeting rule... But feel that players should get suspended for flipping off the crowd at an opposing stadium...

got it...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm actually in agreement with the decision. They got kicked out in the first quarter so they basically had a 1 game suspension; which is what we, and MSU, have had players suspended for before. So I think that's fair. If there was a punishment, it would only be like a quarter of the bowl game - which - whatever. Though, he was ejected for fighting - I think there should have been additional penalties for flipping off the crowd.
Do you think there should be penalties for the Michigan players that surrounded Wilson and start the whole incident? If you watch them it looks like they planned this whole thing.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the kid sold his pants. He just told an entire state and a couple dozen million around the country to go fuck themselves. Way to be Ohio, way to be.

Frank Clark, a felon, received a 1 game suspension for committing a felony. Carlos Hyde received a 3 game suspension for not committing a crime.

Your team has a long way to go before acting this sanctimonious.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, it is making nothing out of a mole hill. a mole hill is what it should be. some sort of light suspension. a quarter. a half. maybe a game. instead he gets nothing.
You are right it should be something light, but that can be handled internally. He missed 3/4 of the game and flipping the bird is not something worty of not playing in a game.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why are you posting this much in a thread about a subject that you think is so minuscule?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I re watched the game last night.

Has it been discussed if the Michigan Players premeditated what went on there. They all looked like they intentionally meant to surround Wilson as a group and get all up in his face.

Doesn't matter...If I was Urban that shit would not go down on my watch...Flippin the bird to the fans was only the half of it...throwing the helmet would have pissed me off more as a coach...all of it is the sort of behavior that is the gateway drug to "Do whatever the fuck you want" land.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think there should be penalties for the Michigan players that surrounded Wilson and start the whole incident? If you watch them it looks like they planned this whole thing.

They unquestionably should've been. Every single person in that stadium saw it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight... most of the board is pro helmet to helmet hits and hate the targeting rule... But feel that players should get suspended for flipping off the crowd at an opposing stadium...

got it...

One is a heat of the moment, split second hit and the other is a juvenile gesture meant to be vulgar.

Your comparison is invalid

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Clark, a felon, received a 1 game suspension for committing a felony. Carlos Hyde received a 3 game suspension for not committing a crime.

Dont forget Toussaint, one game for drunk driving.

Also their all american who twist a guys head on the bottom of the pile, zero punishment. Of course this is the same all american who threatened a r*pe victim and got nothing. So way to go Michigan, stay classy.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a heat of the moment, split second hit and the other is a juvenile gesture meant to be vulgar.

LOL

Yup, flipping off the crowd after getting in a fight and ejected is most certainly not heat of the moment... was clearly premeditated...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G wants OSU in the NCG! They do not want to hurt OSU in any way shape or form. To suspend him would be to hurt the conferences chances of playing in the NCG and getting a second team into a BCS bowl.

It's a finically smart no call!

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes this hot head slammed his helmet and flipped the bird. He is on his way to r*pe and murder. He was in the heat of the moment and lost his control a little.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G wants OSU in the NCG! They do not want to hurt OSU in any way shape or form. To suspend him would be to hurt the conferences chances of playing in the NCG and getting a second team into a BCS bowl.

It's a finically smart no call!

Yeah, our running game and blocking schemes were awful after he left... :laugh3:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, anyone on this board who thinks he is not receiving plenty of extra punishment at practice this week knows nothing at all about football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're not "my" team. My team won ONE game all season. And lost by much less to MSU. (MSU picks DB's up from county jail to play in games).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this hot head slammed his helmet and flipped the bird. He is on his way to r*pe and murder. He was in the heat of the moment and lost his control a little.

I realize that the OSU fans are trying to belittle this by repeatedly bringing up r*pe and murder, but that shit is weak.