• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So If the Rags win

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This long layoff can go a couple of ways here. Good news is our older vets can get some extra rest and be ready to battle in round 2. Furthermore, it gives Grossman, Mez, and JVR to get back on the ice as we wait for a tango partner. JVR will get healthier and hopefully will be closer to 100%. same for Bryzy with his chip fracture. The bad part might be we come out rusty and lose our mojo that we had a week ago. I don't think this will be the case however.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we cant play the rags, i'm comfortable with whoever we play

i think the caps matchup would be the most interesting.. hot goalie, but they play the mistake filled up and down hockey like the flyers and pens do, so it opens up for sure.. the thing i'd be most interested to see if that happened is who gets the shut down unit.. OV isn't on their top-line anymore, so do you still try to shut him down, or do you try to shut down the backstrom, johanssen, semin line? i'm kinda thinking that grossmann and coburn would be used against OV cause he's more physical, but the coots line would be used against the top line w/ timo and carle cause to shut them down you'd need quick sticks, not big bodies

could be a moot point, but i think that'd be interesting to watch

sens i think would be another up and down series, but i think the flyers have a big enough depth advantage that once the spezza line is off the ice it will be close to free reign for the flyers.. though the sens have some real solid young guys, if they came to play it could get interesting

devs/panthers play a little more.. responsible.. hockey.. so it'd be interesting to see if the flyers can power through and create their own chances, rather than capitilizing on the other team's mistakes

those are the things to watch for each potential matchup in my eyes

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh....no doubt about it.

So it seems the general consensus in this thread is that if the Rags get eliminated, then our road gets easier, well that's a given sense the Rags have had our number all year, but if we play the Rags I think we come out like we did against the Pens, we can def pull it off IMO..

I don't know... We handled the Pens all year. I find it hard to believe they can go 0-6 during the regular season then take four of seven in the playoffs. Anything is possible, but I'd call it very unlikely.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we cant play the rags, i'm comfortable with whoever we play

i think the caps matchup would be the most interesting.. hot goalie, but they play the mistake filled up and down hockey like the flyers and pens do, so it opens up for sure.. the thing i'd be most interested to see if that happened is who gets the shut down unit.. OV isn't on their top-line anymore, so do you still try to shut him down, or do you try to shut down the backstrom, johanssen, semin line? i'm kinda thinking that grossmann and coburn would be used against OV cause he's more physical, but the coots line would be used against the top line w/ timo and carle cause to shut them down you'd need quick sticks, not big bodies

could be a moot point, but i think that'd be interesting to watch

sens i think would be another up and down series, but i think the flyers have a big enough depth advantage that once the spezza line is off the ice it will be close to free reign for the flyers.. though the sens have some real solid young guys, if they came to play it could get interesting

devs/panthers play a little more.. responsible.. hockey.. so it'd be interesting to see if the flyers can power through and create their own chances, rather than capitilizing on the other team's mistakes

those are the things to watch for each potential matchup in my eyes

I wouldnt worry about Spezza we have cooter to put the lockdown on him.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter, lol, what a nickname.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NYRs will win tonight, but I was mainly concerned about playing them in r2. If we get them down the line, hopefully will have these injured dmen back.

Thats an excellent point

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thing that will be interesting is if the 5 game series helps or hurts you guys in the next round. In theory it sounds good that every other series goes 7 games and the teams beat up on one another, but I always hate when my team sits around while other teams continue playing. Devils were on a tear back in 06, swept the Rangers in the first round, and came out completely flat and rusty in the 2nd round.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... We handled the Pens all year. I find it hard to believe they can go 0-6 during the regular season then take four of seven in the playoffs. Anything is possible, but I'd call it very unlikely.

Pffft. :laugh: I see someone has dipped into SF's stash..

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thing that will be interesting is if the 5 game series helps or hurts you guys in the next round. In theory it sounds good that every other series goes 7 games and the teams beat up on one another, but I always hate when my team sits around while other teams continue playing. Devils were on a tear back in 06, swept the Rangers in the first round, and came out completely flat and rusty in the 2nd round.

Not trying to be a dick NM, but I disagree. 1 week off to help the walking wounded get healthier, others to off the disabled list and get the defensive coverages assigned & practiced is just right to me.

Looking forward to an excellent series. Hopefully we WON'T be seeing nothing but a mass of players jammed up between the blue lines allllll niiiiiight looooong. lol