• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I pick up Collabello

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the ESPN league and now he's not starting back to back games? And Mauer is not playing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the ESPN league and now he's not starting back to back games? And Mauer is not playing.

Colabello should not be owned in any 10 team leagues. You are reaching way far. Colabello is an AL only play at best.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parmalee and Morales also play 1st and DH... not to mention the outfield DH's they have to rotate. Yes, stay away from the Twins mess in shallow leagues.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parmalee and Morales also play 1st and DH... not to mention the outfield DH's they have to rotate. Yes, stay away from the Twins mess in shallow leagues.

no love for Dozier:suds: he is 5th in points but has tailed off as of late but leads HRs and Rs and 8th in RBIs for 2B
:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dozier has nothing to do with the OF/1B/DH rotation, which is what I mean by "the mess".

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dropped Parmalee for Collabello because Parmalee was not starting back to back games before that. The stupid write-up said they would both have regular playing time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped Parmalee for Collabello because Parmalee was not starting back to back games before that. The stupid write-up said they would both have regular playing time.

Again though, just because he a guy gets hot for a couple weeks, that does not mean he is relevant in 10 team leagues.

You always have to ask yourself, why is this guy playing? In a lot of cases, a guy will fill in for an injured player or have a couple good platoon matchups in a short stretch of games so he gets extra ABs. In order for a player to have value in a 10 team league, they must have a pretty clear path to everyday ABs and some talent.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I added them because at the time they were hitting well. And also, Votto is hurt and Trumbo does not get double plays because of Goldschmidt so I can't start him in the infield spots. I'm basically streaming a hot hand at a time in the 1b/3b until Votto comes back. With Trumbo now healthy, I don't think I need hot production from FA just double plays so I picked up Odor who I had before because he gets them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though, just because he a guy gets hot for a couple weeks, that does not mean he is relevant in 10 team leagues.

You always have to ask yourself, why is this guy playing? In a lot of cases, a guy will fill in for an injured player or have a couple good platoon matchups in a short stretch of games so he gets extra ABs. In order for a player to have value in a 10 team league, they must have a pretty clear path to everyday ABs and some talent.

I disagree with this statement, as long as you have an opening... I would never drop a stud, but a low end bench player, i would drop anyday for the HOT player... at least i should... I think the number one problem in fantasy is keeping loyal with the players on your team, often you are starting cold players just becuase of their name... Why not play the hot player if they are currently better than your cold player??

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this statement, as long as you have an opening... I would never drop a stud, but a low end bench player, i would drop anyday for the HOT player... at least i should... I think the number one problem in fantasy is keeping loyal with the players on your team, often you are starting cold players just becuase of their name... Why not play the hot player if they are currently better than your cold player??

Sure.

You want to start Steve Pearce or Chris Coghlan, go ahead. They both have everyday ABs and a prominent lineup spot. We are talking about Chris Colabello though. This guy is doing nothing but looking at fantasy points over the past two weeks and making decisions based on those numbers. There is not a worse way to make lineup decisions in shallow leagues.

Also, as I have said many times, in these CBS leagues pitching depth is everything. The cost of stashing a cold hitting stud on your bench is too great. If you are going to bench the hitter, you should drop the hitter in this format, and I will always take the proven commodity over the flash in the pan.

Prospects with a pedigree are different. Here we are talking about a jouneyman who has a hot stretch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh TLance, this is not the CBS league. This is the ESPN one. I would never start Collabello in CBS.