• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I Ask You

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we bring back Brandon Meriweather next year?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on whats available and what we want to spend on the position. If Byrd is out there, but costs three times as much, we bring back Merriweather. But if the cost is relatively close, we bring in the more talented player I would think.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. We don't have any starting safeties on the roster so we need to sign two. Merriweather will probably come cheap given his injury history and his penalty history. He knows the Defense so my bet is we sign him to a one or 2 year deal with little guaranteed money and performance bonuses based on factors such as playing time, etc. This is what we did to Fred Davis.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be against us bringing him back, as he wont cost nearly as much as some of the guys we will look at in FA. But as stated its all about cost. And also realizing that he isnt a long term solution for the position at this point. Even if we bring him back, we need to seriously look at the position going forward. We have been looking for a fixture at the SS and FS positions for the last six years now, Aside from going heavy in FA, or getting lucky in the draft, I dont expect that to change in 2014. We just go too many holes to fill.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, If we can get better in FA for a little bit more $$$, then I am up for that. He is always injured and is probably only a "targeting" or two away from starting to rack up some suspensions. I like his style of play, hard, ears pinned back, bringing the wood, but he is too inconcistent and injury prone to spend any considerable amount of money on him.

I would like to see us focus more on the CB position in the draft the next coupla years and get some more good young talent there. We still have Rambo, Thomas, give those guys a little more time. We will probably keep Merriweather and/or someone else to work with, maybe even D Hall even we can get some more quality CBs in the rotation.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, If we can get better in FA for a little bit more $$$, then I am up for that. He is always injured and is probably only a "targeting" or two away from starting to rack up some suspensions. I like his style of play, hard, ears pinned back, bringing the wood, but he is too inconcistent and injury prone to spend any considerable amount of money on him.

I would like to see us focus more on the CB position in the draft the next coupla years and get some more good young talent there. We still have Rambo, Thomas, give those guys a little more time. We will probably keep Merriweather and/or someone else to work with, maybe even D Hall even we can get some more quality CBs in the rotation.

A lot of people bring up moving Hall to safety and in theory it makes sense but then we would end up having to replace our best cornerbank. And with only Amerson really set to come back, how many CB's would we have to draft/sign before moving Hall becomes even an option?

I think Merriweather comes back, personally with Thomas backing him up. Then there's Doughty...the guy has survived every coaching change we've had in his career. I don't dare count him out. That's 3 SS right there...maybe we should have someone who is more of a flex as a 5th safety? (2 SS, 2 FS)

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, he could probably be much more consistent with a quality SS FA added.
Or maybe we could move him to SS and add FS Byrd

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
merriweather stays unless thomas beats him out . merriweather is a decent stop gap

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
merriweather stays unless thomas beats him out . merriweather is a decent stop gap

I agree, but I'm so tired of using stop gaps at this position. It seems like we've had a stop gap at safety since Sean died.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
............NO!!, no more experiments with players who aren't really starter worthy. If it takes a season or two to do it properly then take the time. This team just finished a 3-13 season, next season is gonna seem like a turn-around of sorts because worse is maximum 3 games more in the loss column, and better is anything above the current 3 in the win column. Odds are we will see a more than a 3 win season coming, and with it the heightened enthusiasm that there is a turn-a-round with new leadership. As true as that might seem, our confidence in, and the teams ability to show sustained improvements toward the ultimate goal will hinge in any measure, on who's lining up on the field.