• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Hub Arkush suggests getting rid of Marshall is the thing to do?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your views on this idea? I had not heard anyone talk about this but have not been following the Bears much since the last game against GB.

Usually these sort of articles or info are created by people not so close to the person or organizations they are writing about but this was Hub Arkush. He suggests that if the new GM or coach does not get rid of Marshall as their first activity working for the Bears that then the Bears are in trouble again.

Click the link for the full article I didnt want to take up a full page posting it all

Bears should get rid of Brandon Marshall | Chicago

BY HUB ARKUSH

For the Sun-Times

Depending on whose analysis of Brandon Marshall’s contract you believe, Marshall might be a lot less expensive than Jay Cutler to get rid of, and his departure would serve the Bears a great deal better than Cutler’s.

Cutler certainly is overpaid and overrated as a quarterback and he will never be voted Mr. Congeniality by his teammates, but he does have his supporters and he’s not a problem in the locker room.

I’m sure there are Bears who are envious or jealous or both of Cutler for his contract and A-list lifestyle, but Cutler actually avoids the spotlight and there doesn’t seem to be any pocket of dissent or dislike among teammates who would just as soon see him gone.

On the other hand, when it comes to Marshall, more than a few of his teammates would gladly kick in for his bus ticket out of town.

How will we know if the Bears get it right in their hires of a new general manager and coach?
If one of their first official moves isn’t a trade or the release of Marshall, you can assume the team is in trouble again

C

cubzzzfanincali

well, I don't think it is the move I would make, but I am sure whoever the new GM is will have to evaluate everyone, and no reason to spare him the microscope. I don't think Marshall was the problem on the field, and at the end of the day, the only thing I ever completely believe 100% is what I see on the field. If he really is a problem, and this isn't just another journalist making a story because that's what they do, then yes he should be traded away.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hub is what to me?

Could care less what he says, unless of course he's agreeing with me.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will Jay stare down before throwing to though?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon is a loose cannon waiting to go off. Anyone who can't see the warning signs is kidding themselves.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hub is a moron. I would get rid of him for a pick, only because of age and the fact were rebuilding. Don't care about the rest of the so called trouble he is. He is a top 3 WR league wide. Are we better with him or with out? Ya not even close is it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon is a loose cannon waiting to go off. Anyone who can't see the warning signs is kidding themselves.
In this case the cannon is a mouth and when it goes off words come out. Nothing to fear really is it?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our new coach's first move is to get rid of our biggest threat and best player. then were in trouble again. Not the other way around.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fix jay and all receivers get fixed. You just saw the point in the season where Jeffrey got "alligator" arms and Marshall just stopped trying to be superhuman catching everything in a 5 yard radius. They want to catch a ball in stride every once in a while too. Look at what stopping and lunging for a pass got Marshall, a fractured rib that punctured his lung. That is life altering when you cant breathe and spit up blood guys. Especially after being thrown under the bus getting blamed for running wrong routes.

I nominate hub arkish to get hit by 50 or so safeties hitting him like he is a blocking sled. Honestly, he is still upset he lost the bears gig.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking about this too... Think about it- Brandon was pretty good citizen when he first came here... what changed?

1. Trestman let him do whatever the hell he wanted... Trips to NY weekly, press conf., threats to fight fans on twitter. Trestman was scared of Brando Marshall
2. Emery gave him a contract extension and $30M extra dollars- Brandon didn't have to behave anymore, he had a contract now, looking back I can see now that some of the good behavior could have just been a ploy for another contract- Now that he's got it... DGAF.

How will he respond to a new tougher coaching staff, a staff that tells him- NO you can't go to NY, NO you can't do a press conf... etc. I'm curious... Can he be wrangled back in? If not- YES get theF away from this team.

C

cubzzzfanincali

In this case the cannon is a mouth and when it goes off words come out. Nothing to fear really is it?

Haven't you ever dated a psychopath woman Noon? Must not have, you would never say something like this if you had.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you ever dated a psychopath woman Noon? Must not have, you would never say something like this if you had.
There all bat shit crazy Cali. I really don't listen when mine talks. If I did I might jump off a bridge.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, because no athlete has ever become a cancer in a locker room with his mouth before. Get real dude…

Brandon blew up two teams prior to coming here, and now the process has begun in Chicago. Open your eyes, for christ sake.

It's amazing how much fans are willing to look past as long as a player is physically talented. Sad, really. "No… TO could never breakup a locker room. I mean, he's never even been in trouble off of the field."… "That Randy Moss, I really don't get why it ended ugly for him every where he went. He's not that bad!"

They never learn…

Also, do I REALLY have to remind you, that you're also wrong in saying Brandon's actions only go as far as verbal? The guy has been in trouble for his physical violent actions numerous times. Not to mention, the threats of violence that have transpired over the past six months or so.

Tick… tick…. tick…….. tick….. BOOOOM!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this too... Think about it- Brandon was pretty good citizen when he first came here... what changed?

Was he?

Was he…. REEAALLLY?

Come on. Why? Because he hadn't attacked his wife, stolen anything or gone on a drunken rampage in a couple of years?

What a doll. :L

The guy makes a few great PR moves, starts preaching about mental illness awareness and god. All of the sudden, people think he's "rehabilitated".

Meanwhile, everything is going swimmingly for him at work. He's with his favorite QB that he came into the league with, who he is putting up career numbers with. The Bears offense is clicking at an all-time high pace.

Then… one thing goes wrong, then another… and then another. All of the sudden, he's challenging fans to fights. Having borderline meltdowns on various radio stations. Holding press conferences that his team asked him not too, he's speaking out against his organization after the firing of his coach and GM.

Please, cut ties with this accident waiting to happen. Before the big blow-up inevitably arrives.

If he stays, I hope he gets help. As a fellow human being, I hope he does. Not just as a Bears fan, because it appears he needs it. And I hope he can get things back on track, and everything goes swimmingly. But history suggests otherwise with Brandon, and I just simply don't see enough evidence to believe that things will end differently here.

Keeping Brandon here is playing with fire. This team is in full-blown rebuild mode. No need to keep around guys like him. This team is VERY LIKELY, not playing to make a super bowl run next year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich... I don't understand your tone (could be reading it wrong)

I'm agreeing with you. I do think he's a time bomb waiting to go off. You said it yourself why he seemed like a good citizen. It was working for a small time frame. I also listed reasons why it melted away with what has happened recently with Tresty and Emery.
Does a new stronger coach bring out the more stable Marshall we saw for a few season? That's the question I need to know. At this point I don't see him getting better.

I completely blame tresty and emery for creating that mess. (and marshall himself-for being an idiot who can't control himself when given a small amount of trust) If they got rid of him i wouldn't be too upset.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you guys think is gonna happen. If he blows his lid so what. He is not a atomic bomb. Just a mentally unstable bomb. Really the best kinda bomb to have around. I'm all for getting rid of him if it improves our Bears. Tell me how losing BM improves us. And this time really sell it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe were arguing over getting rid of our best WR in franchise history over the possibility of a possible mental breakdown possibility occurring one day in the future. With all the real problems we have on this team. Cmon guys this is just dumb. We got 99 problems and BM is about at 91 on that list. Robbie frikin Gould(problem no. 87) is a bigger problem in the locker room. And don't get me started on problem no. 2, 4, 9, 14, or 67.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you guys think is gonna happen. If he blows his lid so what. He is not a atomic bomb. Just a mentally unstable bomb. Really the best kinda bomb to have around. I'm all for getting rid of him if it improves our Bears. Tell me how losing BM improves us. And this time really sell it.

Well, do you know about this thing called "cancer"? Okay, well… it is bad. If it is possible, any doctor would kind of recommend having it removed.

Brandon Marshall is a cancer. It would be best having him removed.

BM has likely seen his best years anyway. If he was in his mid-20's, it may be worth another year to see if you can straighten him out. But… if you haven't noticed, when he WAS in his mid-20's. There was this OTHER team that was trying to do that, and yeah… it didn't work.

Then, when he was approaching his late-20's. You see, there was this other team, and they tried to do it… but it didn't work either.

Now he's over 30, and there's this other team… Feel free to stop me if you know how this ends.

What do you guys think is going to happen?

Oh gosh… gee. Let me think here. Wreck a season? Wreck a locker room? Wreck his team's chemistry? Torture the team's next coaching staff?

End up doing sit-ups on his driveway after being deactivated from the team's roster mid-season, as they continue to spiral downward further and further. As the media swarms a locker room that has been torn to shreds, with all fingers pointing towards him as being the fuel to the fire. (See TO and Eagles)

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, do you know about this thing called "cancer"? Okay, well… it is bad. If it is possible, any doctor would kind of recommend having it removed.

Brandon Marshall is a cancer. It would be best having him removed.

BM has likely seen his best years anyway. If he was in his mid-20's, it may be worth another year to see if you can straighten him out. But… if you haven't noticed, when he WAS in his mid-20's. There was this OTHER team that was trying to do that, and yeah… it didn't work.

Then, when he was approaching his late-20's. You see, there was this other team, and they tried to do it… but it didn't work either.

Now he's over 30, and there's this other team… Feel free to stop me if you know how this ends.

What do you guys think is going to happen?

Oh gosh… gee. Let me think here. Wreck a season? Wreck a locker room? Wreck his team's chemistry? Torture the team's next coaching staff?

End up doing sit-ups on his driveway after being deactivated from the team's roster mid-season, as they continue to spiral downward further and further. As the media swarms a locker room that has been torn to shreds, with all fingers pointing towards him as being the fuel to the fire. (See TO and Eagles)

You could be more farther from the truth. NOON IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason you get rid of Marshall is because you have gotten rid of Jay, both of which would mean this team is in a downward spiral and won't be relative for years.