• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how many of you were smart enough to get Benson on your fantasy team?

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knowing with a rookie QB we would be relying on Cedric heavily.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.....he's at best a second back, and doesn't do anything in the passing game.....

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him in 1 league....not ours

Same here. He's a back up but after watching Denvers run D last night may have to use him this week...........Probably shouldn't, my karma will probably get me:)

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time he was used heavily he was one of the top 5 backs in the league. If you are in a PPR league, he will also be used as an easy dump option by Dalton.

NCGhosthunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
knowing with a rookie QB we would be relying on Cedric heavily.

absolutely have him, for the reason you just stated.... I worked out a trade before the season started so my starting 2 rbs are Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson... my WR/3rd RB is Ced... had to tinker it a bit, with Foster banged up... but have a stacked team when healthy....

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time he was used heavily he was one of the top 5 backs in the league. If you are in a PPR league, he will also be used as an easy dump option by Dalton.

Highly doubt that.

I'm way too lazy to look it up but I can pretty much bet he wasn't a top 5 back in 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I had to look at his stats. with only 6 total TD's I'm sure he wasn't even top 10

NCGhosthunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK I had to look at his stats. with only 6 total TD's I'm sure he wasn't even top 10

In fairness, he played on 13 games that year... or he very well may of been top 10 in TD's...

in 2009, he was nr 2 in the NFL that year in rushing yds/game, ... only Chris Johnson had more yards per game...

why is that important?

because history shows that when Ced gets 100 yards rushing, the Bengals are 13-3....

because when he gets 25 carries in a game, the Cincinnati Bengals are 11-1...

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, he played on 13 games that year... or he very well may of been top 10 in TD's...

in 2009, he was nr 2 in the NFL that year in rushing yds/game, ... only Chris Johnson had more yards per game...

why is that important?

because history shows that when Ced gets 100 yards rushing, the Bengals are 13-3....

because when he gets 25 carries in a game, the Cincinnati Bengals are 11-1...

I thought we were talking fantasy football........

My only point was he doesn't get in the endzone enough to be a top tier RB. History shows he probably wont again this year. although I'm hoping that not to be true.

I think you'll find most teams have an amazing win/loss record when they have a back with 25+ carries. Oh and they are 11-2 by my count

NCGhosthunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought we were talking fantasy football........

My only point was he doesn't get in the endzone enough to be a top tier RB. History shows he probably wont again this year. although I'm hoping that not to be true.

I think you'll find most teams have an amazing win/loss record when they have a back with 25+ carries. Oh and they are 11-2 by my count

oh, umm...... 11-1 by Bengals.com records....
and he probably won't get in the end zone this year? well, he has 1 already, so here's hoping....

and I am talking fantasy football... he is my 3rd RB this year, and a great 3rd RB... I have 2 top tier already, AP and Foster.... I am in terrific shape....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That record does not mean anything other than when we're winning games, we run the ball a lot.

It's not a reflection of Cedric or the offense.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That record does not mean anything other than when we're winning games, we run the ball a lot.

Correctamundo......it's more a result of having a lead than it is a cause of getting the lead......most of the carries will usually come in the fourth quarter while the team is running out the clock......if it was that easy, wouldn't any coach start the game with 25 straight running plays?

NCGhosthunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

what did you just say?? "all that record means is that when we are winning games, we run the ball a lot"

ding, ding, ding.....

you are correct sir!!

It's not a reflection of Ced or the offense

okay lets check the big board. he said It's not a reflection of Ced or the offense
Survey Says:
bzzzzzzzzz

Moan from the studio audience:
ohhhhhh

sorry wrong answer.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smart guy, realize I said "when we're winning, we run the ball a lot" and not "when we're running, we win a lot of games".

You can't have it both ways. Either my entire post was incorrect or none of it was.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed up on fantasy football this year. But I don't expect Benson to light up fantasy leagues. I predict the NFL will give him a short suspension when they have time to process the information.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got em on my Bengals Board league (ie non money league). He's my 3rd back. Just checked and my team kicked ass the 1st week (too bad it didnt count)

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got him in my 14 team money league. He's my flex guy along with a few different WR's. I started him week 1 due to the matchup. I have Drew Brees so of course I won.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have Brady in my money league. he an McCoy carried me in week 1. My WR's are really shoddy. Hoping I can get Meachem on the waiver.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got em on my Bengals Board league (ie non money league). He's my 3rd back. Just checked and my team kicked ass the 1st week (too bad it didnt count)

Sincerely hope your team shot its wad last week, and that Foster is ready to go this week, or I'm in deep doodoo......