• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So... how did it go?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's have your assessment of how your team did at the deadline.

Jackets - knocked it out of the park. I wouldn't have bet any amount of money saying the Jackets would have made ANY move, let alone the blockbuster of the day.

Incoming: Gaborik, Leighton, Comeau, Killeen

Outgoing: Mason, Dorsett, Brassard, Moore

Gaborik inbound does a lot on a lot of levels.
1) It shows the fans that the Jackets are serious. The whole organization, actually.
2) It gives the team a legit name to build a potential All Star weekend around.
3) It makes opposing D open up and not just double team Johansen
4) It replaces Nash. Which I wasn't sure I could see happening yet.
5) It adds a star who will be in a contract year next year.

Comeau, well... they let two forwards go, and needed to pick something up. So the lines could be (everyone healthy):
Gaborik - Johansen - Prospal
Atkinson - Anisimov - Calvert
Dubinski - Letestu - Foligno
Comeau - Boll - Umberger

Gillies, MacKenzie, Collins available.

If he returns to half his form and contributes 10 goals next year on a fourth line? Jarmo's a genius. If he doesn't... Jarmo has a tradeable asset. And is still a genius.

On a team that wants to be hard to play against; That's a pretty good lineup.

The inbound goalies situation is curious. With getting an ECHL goalie, I wonder if that means Oscar Dansk is ready to take on more responsibility. Leighton could be an okay NHL backup, but maybe they got him for the Falcons. Allen York might be ready to back up Bob, and they don't want to disrupt Tabasco who is having a kick ass year in Springfield.

No idea what happens there.

Mason leaving would be good for Mason except that he's kind of sensitive. I liked Mason, and want to see him do well, but he just ruined his relationship with the fans by acting like a child for too long. He had all that success right away and thought he was ten feet tall and bulletproof. He stopped listening and suffered. He had a great attitude this year, and I thought in a good environment he could return to form.

The goalie graveyard will eat him alive.

Losing John Moore hurts, but not as bad as it might hurt other teams. Having Savard, Murray, Prout, Golubef and yes, Erixon means they will survive the loss of a talent like Johnny Moore easier.

Brassard had to go. He's a good player, has lots of talent. But he muddied the water on the depth chart. He was marginally better than Anisimov and marginally worse than Johansen. Now, there is a distinct pecking order down the middle. No one is smiling bigger than RyJo right now. His role defined and he gets a flat out sniper on his wing who will make room for him.

Dorsett's a hotheaded retard. He will fight whenever the opposing team scores. He got hurt and they went on a run. That is not a coincidence.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Off Season

Canucks lost Aaron Rome (while not a great dman he was physical and mostly sound)
Canucks lost Sami Salo (PP has not been the same)

This Season

Canucks lost David Booth to injury (while this isnt terrible as I think he is terrible he is more serviceable than Andrew Ebbett
Canucks lost Ryan Kesler for most of season and when he does return will be mostly ineffective and will dive until his hearts content.

we needed

a Top 6 Banging Forward
a 3rd line centre
a RH Dman that could QB the PP

we picked

a 3rd line centre. for a 2nd round pick a lower depth prospect dman that may turn out to be a 5/6 guy

we didnt give up much but we lost out huge

we are a softer team with a shit PP that once you shut down the sedins its over on the PP. Roy WILL help the PP I do believe that but not by much.

our ace in the hole having 2 elite goaltenders is now tenous at best. honestly after that press conference by Luongo would you want to put him in a pressure situation knowing how badly he wanted out of here. Im not sure his heart is here at ALL anymore. its just lip service to be professional. god bless him for at least trying

our Defensive stud is supposed to be Edler. I guess he is a coin flip every game now with what we are getting. we showed that we cannot beat any team out of the NW division and could barely beat Minnesota who got a TON better than they already were when they got Pommenville.

Canucks will make the playoffs barley. maybe land 6th or 5th facing either Minnesota or the Kings in which I see a very quick exit.

things can change in hockey I know they can but I see no desire in this team to believe it will.

Rating for today?

D- only because they got Roy yesterday

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
why do you have hamburglar on the 4th line? personal preference, or has he been pulled off of Johansen's line?
inquiring poolies want to know.

Canucks - C
pro: had one glaring need, and filled it with a very versatile player.
Roy can handle 2nd line duty until Kesl gets back, then gives a lot of flexibility after that.
better face-offs than we had been getting from the fill-ins as well (Ebbet 37%, Schoeder 43%).

con: have more needs that didn't get filled, and a big chip to play that didn't get done.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Feaster a solid B

- He inherited a mess from Darryl Sutter and finally realized that the writing was on the wall and started the cleanup process.

- Getting a first round pick for JayBo and getting St. Louis to take on all of Bouw's salary is very nice.

- Would have preferred Iggy going to the Broons than the Pens, but hey, Iggy made his call and Feaster's hands were tied. He did the best he could under the circumstances.

- Two first round picks in 2013 (plus the Flames own pick which could be a top-3) and I'm looking forward to the entry draft. Just please don't go off the board and select some kid from Bosnia that nobody has heard of.

- I hope you don't tire of offensive plays dying on Blake Comeau's stick, 43.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in

Nobody out.

Holland enjoying his vacation, not concerned, didn't trade away any future players for rentals, this being a rebuild season, hope to keep the streak alive.

Grade B

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give the Habs a B. Just a defensive depth move. I don't think it was the right time to try to add a big piece.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad to see Bishop go but he was the odd man out.

I love the fact that the Sens got a legit scoring threat who will only get better.

Add Conacher to the Spezza, Turris, Siflverberg, Zibanejad, Michalek and the Sens forwards are looking fast skilled and solid in both ends of the rink.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you have hamburglar on the 4th line? personal preference, or has he been pulled off of Johansen's line?

Personal preference. He's not fast enough to stay with Gaborik and Johansen, I don't want to disrupt the way Artie, Scut and Cam are playing and I just flat out like Foligno better. Therefore Umby fourth.

Umberger will probably finish the season on the first line.

I'll give Feaster a solid B

- He inherited a mess from Darryl Sutter and finally realized that the writing was on the wall and started the cleanup process.

- Getting a first round pick for JayBo and getting St. Louis to take on all of Bouw's salary is very nice.

- Would have preferred Iggy going to the Broons than the Pens, but hey, Iggy made his call and Feaster's hands were tied. He did the best he could under the circumstances.

- Two first round picks in 2013 (plus the Flames own pick which could be a top-3) and I'm looking forward to the entry draft. Just please don't go off the board and select some kid from Bosnia that nobody has heard of.

- I hope you don't tire of offensive plays dying on Blake Comeau's stick, 43.

Give the situation he was in, he did not do too badly.

And I don't expect anything out of Comeau. A warm body that can play tomorrow for a pick that wouldn't materialize for four years (if ever). No risk. And he had a good year before. Like I said if he does HALF that...

I love the fact that the Sens got a legit scoring threat who will only get better.

Add Conacher to the Spezza, Turris, Siflverberg, Zibanejad, Michalek and the Sens forwards are looking fast skilled and solid in both ends of the rink.

Sens made a killing. A good character guy with some speed and a lot of Upside for a goalie they had to lose? Well done, Murray. Turris and Conacher should be fun to watch.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres - B+

I like what the Sabres got in return for Pommers. (Hackett, Larsson, 1st in 2013, & 2nd in 2014)

Sabres are in rebuild mode, even if Darcy doesn't want to say it. Pommers isn't a leader who should wear the C, and he should really be a player on the 2nd line, not 1st. IMO

The Sabres also managed to trade away Leopold and Regehr for a 2nd in 2013, conditional fifth-round in 2013, 2nd in 2014, and 2nd in 2015.

Trading away those 3 players alone sheds over 12 million from their payroll, which will help with rebuilding.

Pretty bummed they didn't trade away players like Stafford and Hect, but there is always the off-season to look forward to.

Overall, I think they got great return for what they gave up, and should be in a pretty good postion to build off of it. *fingers crossed*

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers: C- only because Lowe did not end up getting conned out of an asset by Sather this time
No shut down D man. Hemsky still here. Bleh

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give Murray a lot of credit. He asked Holmgren for Couturier straight up. Can't blame Holmgren for turning him down though.

A few days ago there was talk of Streit & Nielsen going to Chicago for Dylan Olsen Jeremy Morin & a draft pick. Garth response to it was apparently you're going to throw some of our key pieces around I'm going to throw one of yours SAAD? Garth wasn't about to give up Nielesn & Streit for scraps.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

picked up much much needed MAB as not a bonus, but as an absolute necessity to help with our already depleted D corps (even before losing Joni to "the icing incident"... COME BACK FAULK!) and our abysmal power play. Already made our PP better in one game.

Traded Jokinen to Pitt (ugh, lose a half point just for that) for pretty much nothing in what was completely a salary cap move due to the Semin signing, and somehow even kept some of his salary, which was perplexing.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Devils, it remains to be seen how Steve Sullivan does, but with an expiring contract and only giving up only a 7th round pick it's a low risk move that could payoff. Not the elite guy we were hoping for, but probably still an upgrade offensively than what we have. He could help ease some of the workload until Kovy gets back.

Downside, we had pieces to move and really could of used a reliable goal scorer. We didn't mortgage the future on a rental or saddle ourselves with any bad contracts so that's something.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Devils, it remains to be seen how Steve Sullivan does, but with an expiring contract and only giving up only a 7th round pick it's a low risk move that could payoff. Not the elite guy we were hoping for, but probably still an upgrade offensively than what we have. He could help ease some of the workload until Kovy gets back.

Downside, we had pieces to move and really could of used a reliable goal scorer. We didn't mortgage the future on a rental or saddle ourselves with any bad contracts so that's something.

Agreed but I really thought we'd package some D for a little more scoring. Glad to see Steve Sullivan back were he started though

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incoming RR44 outgoing DD44
Really not much to be happy or sad about.
I like Drewiske as a person and loved his attitude and work ethic.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world are the Caps doing? I mean...I like Erat, but man I'd put Forsberg near the untouchable category. But that's just me...

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins - A - for the following reasons:

Iginla is obviously exciting, and adds a much needed RHS.
I'm a bit meh on Morrow, but I think we could use his toughness, especially against the Bruins
Murray might be the best trade in terms of needs, as nobody seemed to want to clear out the crease
Jokinen is a great role player

Mostly I like that we didn't give up any roster players, so we have a lot of bodies to work with come playoff time. Just hope DB knows who to use and who to bench, and I'm not sure he does. Glass and Kennedy don't belong in this lineup IMO.

But the Pens will need Crosby and probably both Letang & Martin at or near 100%. They've looked very different without them.