• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So does our trade look worse now with Welker deal?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True, but Boldin is also a great blocking WR. That's what he'll be doing in the red zone most of the time IMO.

I actually thought that as well and just assumed it you could say by the type of receiver he is but I think it was Pozz that brought up that he is actually rated really low in run blocking. Might need some verification on this though.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well yeah, like I've said the 6th rounder isn't huge losing but it is still kind of wasted. Couldve maybe found someone good with the pick or possible trade value. My response was to the poster basically implying it's worthless.

And definitely, the main part of the conversation is Boldin vs Welker and who is better.

I didn't imply that the 6th pick was worthless. But you did say that we threw away the pick to get Boldin.

Last edited by a moderator:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if Amendola stays healthy I think the Pats are going to forget Welker pretty quickly until they potentially see him in the post season and the talking heads bring it on back.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh.......I probably need to follow Welker's wife on Twitter again. No telling what she'll tweet the next couple of days.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So the Doncos are losing Dumervil, and they're gaining Welker.

I don't think the AFC should be that worried.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doubtful Welker signs with us anyways.

Signing with the Broncos is pure spite on his part as him joining Peyton is tantamount to flipping the bird to Kraft and the Patriots and my guess is having a big game against the Pats in the AFC championship would be a bigger win to him than the SB.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welker is a very bad fit in our offense.

This, he bring little to nothing to the table for this offense. If the 9ers need a slot threat they can use Crabs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Welker is a product of targets and that is all. He would be lucky to see half the number of targets he saw with Brady with us. For our offense ~ Boldin >>> Welker

IMO, we got the better deal - by far.

I tend to agree. Given our team and our division, I prefer Boldin.

Forget who said it above, but we need a red zone threat as much as anything. We were clicking between the tackles toward the end of the year and in the playoffs. We struggled when we got to the end of the field. Kap's experience should have the biggest impact in this area, but a big and physical receiver like Boldin should help.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forget who said it above, but we need a red zone threat as much as anything. We were clicking between the tackles toward the end of the year and in the playoffs. We struggled when we got to the end of the field. Kap's experience should have the biggest impact in this area, but a big and physical receiver like Boldin should help.

I agree with the red-zone sentiment as well. One thing Boldin does brilliantly is read and stack defenders, and win jump balls.

Welker is excellent when he is open; Boldin is excellent even when he isn't.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont know if Boldin is the red zone threat you guys think he is. He had a phenomenal playoffs but that was not the norm.

During the season, Boldin had 4 Td catches. The year before he had 3 TD catches.

And Welker is great at moving the chains and picking up yards. He can fit in anyones offense. Boldin and Welker would have similar roles.

Additionally, Welker has some value returning punts. We all know its nice to have a reliable guy back there.

He's not a top red zone threat, perhaps, but I think he's better than his recent numbers suggest. Flacco wasn't throwing the short-range ball all that well until later in the year. In the last eight games, counting the playoffs, Boldin had seven TDs. It's unrealistic to expect those numbers to continue, but I think 7-8 TDs in a season are a possibility in our offense. I'll definitely take that sort of production.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That should have read "between the 20s." Though we were clicking between the tackles, too.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should have read "between the 20s." Though we were clicking between the tackles, too.

Given that we were talking about the Red-Zone, I guessed that is what you meant. - But you're right we weren't bad between the tackles either.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boldin will more closely fill the Delanie Walker role in our offense, minus the crappy hands. We got a downfield blocker, a red zone threat, better hands, toughness, and veteran leadership. My two cents.

walker's role was to defend passes

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're paying 6m for a number 2 receiver than block in the running game and line up on the outside on nearly every play.

The Broncos are paying 6m for a slot receiver that can't be on the field every play.

Tell me again which is the better deal?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DId someone really say that a 6th rnder for a 1,000 yard WR and the best WR in the playoffs last year is a waste? Haha I have heard it all now

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker is the product of a very pass happy system with a legendary QB. Boldin is a guy who made an average QB better. In the last couple playoff trips Welker has been dropping balls and missing on huge plays. Boldin did the opposite and made play after play in route to a championship. I will take the clutch player any day.

Interesting stat: Flacco completed 62% of his passes to Boldin and only 48% to everyone else. Maybe some of that is because he wasn't out on the longer routes, but still, the guy is as dependable as they come.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Boldin will more closely fill the Delanie Walker role in our offense, minus the crappy hands. We got a downfield blocker, a red zone threat, better hands, toughness, and veteran leadership. My two cents.

Well said man....

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welker is the product of a very pass happy system with a legendary QB. Boldin is a guy who made an average QB better. In the last couple playoff trips Welker has been dropping balls and missing on huge plays. Boldin did the opposite and made play after play in route to a championship. I will take the clutch player any day.

Interesting stat: Flacco completed 62% of his passes to Boldin and only 48% to everyone else. Maybe some of that is because he wasn't out on the longer routes, but still, the guy is as dependable as they come.

:suds::clap:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners need a red zone target besides VD. Bouldin gives them a physical presence that has been missing since Owens. Like other posters have stated, I too like his toughness and physicality.:agree: