• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Cutler says

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he`d like to go back to Tennessee next season if the bears show no interest.........Hmmmm

Sounds good to me.:nod:

Tired of the injury bug.And for the money McCown has done just as good as job as him.

Save some money,draft a qb......What you say?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems so like Jay to assume that the interest would be mutual. Not so sure that TN, or any other team, deems him worth the money he is likely to seek.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems so like Jay to assume that the interest would be mutual. Not so sure that TN, or any other team, deems him worth the money he is likely to seek.

This is what I read on my fantasy site:

Jay CutlerDec 8 10:42a

The Tennessee Titans could have Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler on their radar if he leaves the Bears. Cutler is believed to be interested in returning to Tennessee if he is out in Chicago.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just also heard the Titans will not pick up lockers contract for 2015....The name to watch for is jay Cutler.

bye bye Jay...........

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just also heard the Titans will not pick up lockers contract for 2015....The name to watch for is jay Cutler.

bye bye Jay...........

Interesting. Well his injuries certainly have hurt his bargaining power.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler should be signed. He will be great if left in one system for more then one year. Sign Jay and draft a QB to groom.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't know that Cutler assumes that the interest would be mutual. Just reports that both parties would be interested. BUT, the Bears need to sign Cutler. He looked great in Trestman's offense before the injury. Going into the Washington game where he got hurt early in the game, Cutler had a 95 passer rating and was 3rd in the NFL in total QBR. He was blossoming under Trestman but then the unfortunate injury. Cutler likes Trestman as well and has made it very clear that he would be fine with the franchise tag and wants to stay.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world do you live in that you don't have to spend money on a QB?

Also, what possible world could you live in where McCown has outperformed Cutler. That is absurd.

Cutler has had two injuries in his career that have kept him out for a significant amount of time. Behind the lines he's played with, that's pretty damn good.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know that Cutler assumes that the interest would be mutual. Just reports that both parties would be interested. BUT, the Bears need to sign Cutler. He looked great in Trestman's offense before the injury. Going into the Washington game where he got hurt early in the game, Cutler had a 95 passer rating and was 3rd in the NFL in total QBR. He was blossoming under Trestman but then the unfortunate injury. Cutler likes Trestman as well and has made it very clear that he would be fine with the franchise tag and wants to stay.

Problem is Emery doesn't want to use the tag.
Jay's name is being thrown around in Houston also. I'm pretty sure any QB starved team would be interested in Jay.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay leaves it's back to QB hell for the Bears. Josh McCown is just an older version of Kyle Orton and he will he 35 going into next season. Not really an ideal situation for the Bears if they go in that direction.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I find it highly unlikely Cutler won't be on the Bears in 2014. 2015, maybe not, but I would bet very large amounts of money on him being the Bears 2014 QB. I know Emery said he doesn't want to use the tag, but as anyone with even the most miniscule amount of awareness of how QB negotiations work out in public go, that's what they ALWAYS say. He may not want to use it, but he will use it. Besides, it helps Emery in his dealings with the other franchise tag candidates (assuming it doesn't wind up being needed for Cutler if they come to a long term deal) to let the spectre of the tag hover over their negotiations. It just makes no sense for Emery not to say he doesn't really want to use it if he doesn't have to.

Believe me, I'm not a blind Cutler advocate by any means. I definitely do not want to see the Bears overpay for the guy, and I am worried they will. But he is not a bad quarterback, and in the NFL, he is therefore like gold. Given that the defense is going to need about 3 years to rebuild, if the team is going to have any chance whatsoever to be competitive over that time, it is absolutely, positively, 100% going to require a strong QB. McCown has played OK, but they have been against mostly weak secondaries, and he's 35.

Who are we gonna sign? Matt Schaub? There aren't any obvious franchise QBs in this draft aside from (maybe) Bridgewater...so we either take a wild swing and hope it works out or we are screwed, and the bigger problem with using the high draft picks to sign a (gulp let's hope) franchise QB is that we need those picks to rebuild the defense. I have no problem with using a fourth or fifth rounder and see if we can develop someone, but this roster is way, way too full of basic holes, and it has been for awhile now, and the way you fix that is with the draft.

Phil Emery knows all this, obviously. There will be a publicly-conducted negotiation and a privately-conducted negotiation with Cutler's agent, and believe me, the two will not be one and the same. Eagerly lapping up public pronouncements like a thirsty dog may be the tendency, but you should resist doing so.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it highly unlikely Cutler won't be on the Bears in 2014. 2015, maybe not, but I would bet very large amounts of money on him being the Bears 2014 QB. I know Emery said he doesn't want to use the tag, but as anyone with even the most miniscule amount of awareness of how QB negotiations work out in public go, that's what they ALWAYS say. He may not want to use it, but he will use it. Besides, it helps Emery in his dealings with the other franchise tag candidates (assuming it doesn't wind up being needed for Cutler if they come to a long term deal) to let the spectre of the tag hover over their negotiations. It just makes no sense for Emery not to say he doesn't really want to use it if he doesn't have to.

Believe me, I'm not a blind Cutler advocate by any means. I definitely do not want to see the Bears overpay for the guy, and I am worried they will. But he is not a bad quarterback, and in the NFL, he is therefore like gold. Given that the defense is going to need about 3 years to rebuild, if the team is going to have any chance whatsoever to be competitive over that time, it is absolutely, positively, 100% going to require a strong QB. McCown has played OK, but they have been against mostly weak secondaries, and he's 35.

Who are we gonna sign? Matt Schaub? There aren't any obvious franchise QBs in this draft aside from (maybe) Bridgewater...so we either take a wild swing and hope it works out or we are screwed, and the bigger problem with using the high draft picks to sign a (gulp let's hope) franchise QB is that we need those picks to rebuild the defense. I have no problem with using a fourth or fifth rounder and see if we can develop someone, but this roster is way, way too full of basic holes, and it has been for awhile now, and the way you fix that is with the draft.

Phil Emery knows all this, obviously. There will be a publicly-conducted negotiation and a privately-conducted negotiation with Cutler's agent, and believe me, the two will not be one and the same. Eagerly lapping up public pronouncements like a thirsty dog may be the tendency, but you should resist doing so.

I've been drinking a lot ( forgive me ) after the Bears win. But I have to disagree w/you. Every body says it's a QB driven league. But D still wins championships. It's going to cost a lot of $s to fix our D.
Pep will still command a large portion of that even if cut next year. Paying Jay 15 -20 mil (estimate) probably hampers fixing any part of our team. Let alone resigning our own FAs.
If Derrik Carr fell into our laps in the 1rst rd. I believe T-Man can make him a very productive QB. Hell look @ what Josh is doing.
My question is Jay more valuable than fixing the D? If asked that ?. I'd probably say fix the D.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way cutler would have thrown for 346 yards last night. This system is a star making QB system. Too much work to do on defense, if Marshall wants to go with him, Jeffrey is doing fine.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking idiot

no way cutler would have thrown for 346 yards last night. This system is a star making QB system. Too much work to do on defense, if Marshall wants to go with him, Jeffrey is doing fine.
:lame:

Jay would have thrown for 346 yards in the first half. :lol:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world do you live in that you don't have to spend money on a QB?

Also, what possible world could you live in where McCown has outperformed Cutler. That is absurd.

Cutler has had two injuries in his career that have kept him out for a significant amount of time. Behind the lines he's played with, that's pretty damn good.

Who said Josh has out performed Jay?

I said he has done just as good as a job.

And no one said you don`t have to pay for a qb either.......I just think that they could see what he wants and if he wants way too damn much,its adios amigo...........

cutler is no one special...as someone said above,jay was doing great in this system before his injury....
well injury being one key word............Who in the fuck wants a broken down qb?Its not just my thinking,but a few of my friends talk anout the same thing.
Thye second key word,system,so is it the system or is it Jay?
cause if its the system,then josh can do just as good as job and CHEAPER......another key word that needs to be thought about for the upcoming free agency..............

And i`m almost willing to say that Jay,if it comes down to the GB game and we need him to pull this game out for us,he`ll either choke Romo style,or he won`t finish the game cause of his play,or yet another injury........its a huge game that would be on the line,into which he seems toi never show up vs them.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^considering the lack of talent around him, the first few years here(particularl6y o-line and WR) I would say DURABILITY has been one of his strong suits.

Show me another QB that'd last with that o-line?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^considering the lack of talent around him, the first few years here(particularl6y o-line and WR) I would say DURABILITY has been one of his strong suits.

Show me another QB that'd last with that o-line?

BINGO. 102 out of 116 possible starts in his career. Never missed a single start with Denver. Two injuries in his time with the Bears.

Behind the O-lines he's played behind. How could anyone say that's anything but a miracle?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cutler is no one special...as someone said above,jay was doing great in this system before his injury....
well injury being one key word............Who in the fuck wants a broken down qb?Its not just my thinking,but
a few of my friends talk anout the same thing.

Who are your friends? Dan Marino and Roger Staubach? Fuck your friends, lol. Who gives a shit? I have a friend who thinks "Independence Day" is the greatest movie of all-time. Fuck that guy too.

Thye second key word,system,so is it the system or is it Jay?
cause if its the system,then josh can do just as good as job and CHEAPER......another key word that needs to be thought about for the upcoming free agency..............

Yeah, you're right. So, should we sign the 35 year old Josh McCown to a long term deal, or tag him? :L

And i`m almost willing to say that Jay,if it comes down to the GB game and we need him to pull this game out for us,he`ll either choke Romo style,or he won`t finish the game cause of his play,or yet another injury........its a huge game that would be on the line,into which he seems toi never show up vs them.

No, Jay has had his struggles against GB. No doubt. However, this also isn't the GB secondary of the SB run team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is the best QB the Bears will ever have. Good news is, with or without him, the Bears will push for 9-10 wins every year, fall short of beating Green Bay, and have a draft pick somewhere between 20-23. Same old Bears. Been this way forever now.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Jay walk away would be so ignorant and pointless.

I truly don't understand half of the Bears fan base.