• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SNF: Pittsburgh Steelers at Las Vegas Raiders on NBC 8:20pm EST

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came over to discuss the game and to my surprise......nothing. Not sure why nobody has started this yet.

So here we go.

Good luck. Should be a very interesting game and a tossup, it could go either way.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
213902842.png

No one is going to enjoy this.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't be bothered to start game threads over here. Our team is abysmal and quite frankly I don't care if we win another game this year.

15 first downs in Week 1, 9 in week 2.
We are 9-29 on 3rd down while our opponents are 11-28 against us on 3rd down.
We are getting killed in time of possession. Over 30 minutes for our opponents each game, we are 25 minutes or less each game.
We averaged 2.6 rushing yards per attempt last week
We are 2nd worst in rushing YPG
We are averaging 247 yards of offense per game which is 2nd worst in the league
Our defense is allowing 400 yards of offense per game which is the 3rd most in the league.
We are bottom 10 in PPG on offense and PPG allowed on defense
We have the worst rushing defense in the league

I'm sure I'll be back to add in some more great stats after tonight.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busy week traveling. Our bad though! Thanks for posting.

We try to play hot potato with game threads... but we're all afraid of the bad juju

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams start with a 3 and out...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busy week traveling. Our bad though! Thanks for posting.

We try to play hot potato with game threads... but we're all afraid of the bad juju
Same here funny I was actually in Vegas all week for a tradeshow. Sadly I couldn’t stay for the game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean game for the most part. Can't really complain about much. Our defense is fucking beast right now. Our secondary couldn't handle Davante at all, but at least we still came away with the W. Kwon Alexander is quickly becoming one of my favorite defensive players on the team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada called a better game, but he's still not off my shit list.

Kenny showed us what we've been waiting for... Clean & efficient game making better reads & placing better throws. He still tends to bail the pockets early but thats a result of the OL. His brain clock should settle down once the OL starts earning his trust. Still one of his best games as a pro thus far. Should start building a good level of confidence after this one.

OL is still somewhat of a mess but its starting to make more sense as to why that is. Mainly, opponents are stacking the box routinely since this offense hasn't been challenging anyone deep. But also as Alex Kozora has pointed out, there are scheme issues. Odd crunch schemes & combo pulls are making things more difficult than they ought to be. Seumalo finally had a good game which is encouraging. Tackles are still a liability.

I hate when this team gets a lead and then starts playing zone/prevent style D with DBs lining up 15yds off the LOS. Of course Davante Adams is going to feast on that BS. Really getting mixed results with both Wallace & P2. At times P2 looks old & cooked. I'd argue that Wallace looked worse last night. JPJ's role needs to expand even though the coaches are adamantly against that for whatever reason.

Love what I'm seeing from Benton so far. Kid is a stud.

ILBs lived up to the hype in this game. Holcomb & Roberts were thumping, and Kwon was swarming the field.

Shout out to Pressley Harvin... Kid is finally getting it together. Just need to get consistency out of him because his yips seem to show up at the worst times.

While I'm at it with the ST... The Wizard of Boz doesn't get enough credit for being as consistent as he is. The fact that nobody talks much about him shows how reliable he is. In Boz we trust.

Refs were hot garbage last night. That roughing call on Minkah was one of the most egregious calls of the season so far and single handedly got Vegas back in the game.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats....

Our QB and coaching sucks.
That FG attempt late in the 4th truly sealed the deal granted the bonehead ST's play from the Steelers on the first attempt didn't help. Why would you even do that when I team is conceding pts and going for the FG?!?!
Jimmy G seems to panic when he doesn't need to. The more time he has to think the worse he does.

Reactions: DJ

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada called a better game, but he's still not off my shit list.

Kenny showed us what we've been waiting for... Clean & efficient game making better reads & placing better throws. He still tends to bail the pockets early but thats a result of the OL. His brain clock should settle down once the OL starts earning his trust. Still one of his best games as a pro thus far. Should start building a good level of confidence after this one.

OL is still somewhat of a mess but its starting to make more sense as to why that is. Mainly, opponents are stacking the box routinely since this offense hasn't been challenging anyone deep. But also as Alex Kozora has pointed out, there are scheme issues. Odd crunch schemes & combo pulls are making things more difficult than they ought to be. Seumalo finally had a good game which is encouraging. Tackles are still a liability.

I hate when this team gets a lead and then starts playing zone/prevent style D with DBs lining up 15yds off the LOS. Of course Davante Adams is going to feast on that BS. Really getting mixed results with both Wallace & P2. At times P2 looks old & cooked. I'd argue that Wallace looked worse last night. JPJ's role needs to expand even though the coaches are adamantly against that for whatever reason.

Love what I'm seeing from Benton so far. Kid is a stud.

ILBs lived up to the hype in this game. Holcomb & Roberts were thumping, and Kwon was swarming the field.

Shout out to Pressley Harvin... Kid is finally getting it together. Just need to get consistency out of him because his yips seem to show up at the worst times.

While I'm at it with the ST... The Wizard of Boz doesn't get enough credit for being as consistent as he is. The fact that nobody talks much about him shows how reliable he is. In Boz we trust.

Refs were hot garbage last night. That roughing call on Minkah was one of the most egregious calls of the season so far and single handedly got Vegas back in the game.
I think that will be a common occurrence all season. This team is going to be exposed against top receivers until a DB (ahem... Porter Jr. plays full time) figures out how to cover.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that will be a common occurrence all season. This team is going to be exposed against top receivers until a DB (ahem... Porter Jr. plays full time) figures out how to cover.
I fear they will plug in JPJ and force him to do those stupid zones (keep everything in front of you) which will tear down his confidence.