• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty bad when all someone has to do there to be insulted is say that a touchdown would'nt tie a game when the other team is up by ten. But that whole thread derailment was my fault, not the person who started in with the insults. A thread that was meant to instigate and have Redskin fans respond to by the way.

But god forbid someone tell a Cowboy fan to keep smacktalk to the smacktalk thread on the Redskin forum.

That's the mentality. I get the reprimand, they don't. I get the 24 hour ban for criticizing a moderator who didn't want to hear legit gripes.

I've also been told that I should have been permanently banned. For what, I have no clue. It seems to be a secret.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does kinda suck that Fordman who hates everything Redskins has the power to shut us up permanately if he want's too while ukcowboy and other Cowboy fans (aside from eastban) have felt no repercussions for their part in arguing over on this side. I'm curious as to who are green name moderator is. Do we even have one? Who will step up I mean and treat their side with the same timeouts when they argue back and forth.

Fordman let me slide when reptec aka apratt got ousted so I'm not busting on the guy, he's not a bad guy, just seems he's protecting his boys a bit more.

Note: I have no clue if anyone other than Eastban has received any timeouts but I'm just saying it seems a tad unfair over here without the power Cowboy fan Fordman has. Perhaps all Redskin fans and all Cowboy fans just be banned from each others board since we hate each other anyway in football terms. Might be the answer. Each side can then have a quiet and peaceful circle jerk while talking about their team with no interuptions.

I read Boveys post on the Cowboy board and although he was arguing back and forth he was actually being egged on to keep responding. A man has to defend himself. Hardly a timeout punishment imo, but I don't make the rules.

You should start your own comedy act. Go through and look at the history of posts of what I have said vs the crap you have said over on the Cowboys boards. Total Joke

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, there is no uniform set of rules that any moderator seems to follow. You can be banned for a day for simply having a heated discussion with a moderator you don't agree with. Moderators can also talk to you and tell you to shut the fuck up. But I would wager, I say that to Fordman, get the permanent ban.

But he's already shown that he's not a balanced or fair dude anyway. Just a Dallas fan who's throwing his weight around because he's a moderator.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should start your own comedy act. Go through and look at the history of posts of what I have said vs the crap you have said over on the Cowboys boards. Total Joke

Listen, just because your smack is far less superior to mine doesn't make it anyless right. Me Tarzan you Jane so to speak. Me Batman you Robin same thing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, there is no uniform set of rules that any moderator seems to follow. You can be banned for a day for simply having a heated discussion with a moderator you don't agree with. Moderators can also talk to you and tell you to shut the fuck up. But I would wager, I say that to Fordman, get the permanent ban.

But he's already shown that he's not a balanced or fair dude anyway. Just a Dallas fan who's throwing his weight around because he's a moderator.

Still have no idea what you are talking about. But you have been here for two months now so you know everything about me, how the boards run, and how mods operate.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the event that I am permanently banned. It's been cool talking to a good lot of you for the past decade or so.

Hopefully that does not happen. I would give you one piece of advice. Simply stay away from the Cowboys board. It is somewhat different than ESPN. During the few times I viewed the forum it was very unimpressive.

It appears to predominately be a bunch of emotionally charged, boring posters who would not know a funny line if it hit them in the head. I will not mention names - you can figure it out. Save yourself the time & effort - either post here or find another forum on the web. Stay away from that place.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have no idea what you are talking about. But you have been here for two months now so you know everything about me, how the boards run, and how mods operate.

yes, I have first hand experience dealing with you. Sending private messages back and forth, and then I'm suddenly banned for 24 hours because you didn't like or agree with what I was saying. Just speaking from my own experience with you.

Then you tell me to shut the fuck up on the Cowboy forum as I'm talking to someone else. Very moderator like.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Ford,, c'mon man, Stop being condescending to Warpath. On both the Cowboys and the Redskins board believe it or not we're all grown men here. You know what he's talking about you have too. Because you are the one who banned him for 24. I'm curious as to why you banned anyway. Or why you reported only him to Hammer if he has the only power to ban on here. None of my business but why aren't any Redskin posters allowed to argue their point on your board? A heated discussion between Pday and company on the boys board and only Warpath goes down. Tell me why then Pday among others hasn't been banned 24 for their arguing on our board. It was the same argument carried over to our side. Can you answer this?

Since no group hug will ever happen I think we deserve a rational explanation.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I have first hand experience dealing with you. Sending private messages back and forth, and then I'm suddenly banned for 24 hours because you didn't like or agree with what I was saying. Just speaking from my own experience with you.

Then you tell me to shut the fuck up on the Cowboy forum as I'm talking to someone else. Very moderator like.

If you would drop it and stop trying to drag all of this out, I wouldn't have to resort to such methods. I've asked you nicely to drop it and move on, and now childishly. Let's see if any of them get through to you. Your ban was for 24 hours to cool off. Obviously didn't help.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ford,, c'mon man, Stop being condescending to Warpath. On both the Cowboys and the Redskins board believe it or not we're all grown men here. You know what he's talking about you have too. Because you are the one who banned him for 24. I'm curious as to why you banned anyway. Or why you reported only him to Hammer if he has the only power to ban on here. None of my business but why aren't any Redskin posters allowed to argue their point on your board? A heated discussion between Pday and company on the boys board and only Warpath goes down. Tell me why then Pday among others hasn't been banned 24 for their arguing on our board. It was the same argument carried over to our side. Can you answer this?

Since no group hug will ever happen I think we deserve a rational explanation.

Your assumption that he is the only one discussed is wrong. How many of your posters are banned or forcibly restricted? I can't think of one banned person other than the alt guy. How many from Dallas? As I have said, you don't know the full story.

Argue, yes. Drag the same BS along two boards for three days? At some point it gets old. One option is to ask him to stop, the other is to end it by force.

And not to sound like a dick, but no one "deserves" anything. I don't do my work, nor do I air it, in public.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your assumption that he is the only one discussed is wrong. How many of your posters are banned or forcibly restricted? I can't think of one banned person other than the alt guy. How many from Dallas? As I have said, you don't know the full story.

Argue, yes. Drag the same BS along two boards for three days? At some point it gets old. One option is to ask him to stop, the other is to end it by force.

And not to sound like a dick, but no one "deserves" anything. I don't do my work, nor do I air it, in public.

Fair enough.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fordman84, no offense...but, you're like my ex wife with my credit card in hand, and it's maxed out every month! So basically, Skins fans are screwed with you being a mod.

I know you do your best to impartial, and I appreciate that. But, deep down as a Cowboy fan...you know that's not possible.

HTTR!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fordman84, no offense...but, you're like my ex wife with my credit card in hand, and it's maxed out every month! So basically, Skins fans are screwed with you being a mod.

I know you do your best to impartial, and I appreciate that. But, deep down as a Cowboy fan...you know that's not possible.

HTTR!

Well, I have never moderated anything that i can think of on this board. Never edited a post, never moved a thread or merged, never banned anyone for anything said here.

The posts that Warpath is upset with happened on the Dallas board. He has drug it over here, so thank him for that. So the fact that I have mod powers on this board are something that you can be unhappy about, but the next time I use any of them on this board will be the first. Skinsdad or Raptor can call me out if I'm mistaken, but I can't think of a single instance that I have used em. Maybe to fix a headline for one of you, upon the posters request. I do that often.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would drop it and stop trying to drag all of this out, I wouldn't have to resort to such methods. I've asked you nicely to drop it and move on, and now childishly. Let's see if any of them get through to you. Your ban was for 24 hours to cool off. Obviously didn't help.

Yes, your blatant abuse of moderator status, banning me for no valid reason other than you didn't like what I said was definitely going to cool me off. Great judgement there. Only goes to prove my point really.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have never moderated anything that i can think of on this board. Never edited a post, never moved a thread or merged, never banned anyone for anything said here.

The posts that Warpath is upset with happened on the Dallas board. He has drug it over here, so thank him for that. So the fact that I have mod powers on this board are something that you can be unhappy about, but the next time I use any of them on this board will be the first. Skinsdad or Raptor can call me out if I'm mistaken, but I can't think of a single instance that I have used em. Maybe to fix a headline for one of you, upon the posters request. I do that often.

guys , the door swings both ways . you cant go to the dallas board and do things and then complain when the moderator takes action
you can still bring it up to hammer and he can make a call if needed if he isnt being fair but from what i can tell it looks like he wanted to move on from a touchy subject

Ford does the dallas board have a smack talk thread ? if so then skins fans should use that and be done with that . if you dont then perhaps you can look at it

i posted rules for the board as far a vistors are concerned . but if the mods on the dallas board want to run things their way then so be it

the cowboy posters who have come here so far have obeyed the ground rules (mostly ) and i havent had to resort to banning or anything . i have had to delete a post or 2 .

look i like warpath and some of the posters who post elsewhere . i think you guys are passionate . lets see if we can work this out like adults

but if a mod tells you to stop and you keep it up then i dont know what you want . fair or not the mod has control

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys , the door swings both ways . you cant go to the dallas board and do things and then complain when the moderator takes action
you can still bring it up to hammer and he can make a call if needed if he isnt being fair but from what i can tell it looks like he wanted to move on from a touchy subject

Ford does the dallas board have a smack talk thread ? if so then skins fans should use that and be done with that . if you dont then perhaps you can look at it

i posted rules for the board as far a vistors are concerned . but if the mods on the dallas board want to run things their way then so be it

the cowboy posters who have come here so far have obeyed the ground rules (mostly ) and i havent had to resort to banning or anything . i have had to delete a post or 2 .

look i like warpath and some of the posters who post elsewhere . i think you guys are passionate . lets see if we can work this out like adults

but if a mod tells you to stop and you keep it up then i dont know what you want . fair or not the mod has control

Yes, we have a smack talk thread. Our rules are almost exactly the same as yours. Our posters just don't complain when they are enforced or play the same game my 2 year old does of "but why doesn't he get in trouble".

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we have a smack talk thread. Our rules are almost exactly the same as yours. Our posters just don't complain when they are enforced or play the same game my 2 year old does of "but why doesn't he get in trouble".

They've complained plenty. Which is funny because they provoke the whole situation. Then complain about the results.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, fordman84. Really? You need to shut down your biased (which is understandable) objectivity down here. I call BS.

What you are really saying with that comment is...Us, Cowboy posters > You, Redskins posters.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you throwing stones at us. This comment evokes reaction and thus begins a cycle of back and forths and then the trouble begins and someone gets a timeout. Same thing happen on your board and Bovey reacted that started the chain of events. This is a smack talk thread against the Redskins not for us as individuals. Same for your board. It's when the name calling attacks start that derail shit. Just saying.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between this board and the Dallas board is that if I respond to a trolling Pday with profanity, Skinsdad PMs me. Asks me to curb it, and does the same to Pday. Defuses a situation. At least for a short while.

Same thing happens on the Dallas board, I'd be told to "shut the fuck up" by someone who's supposed to be a moderator.