• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, fordman84. Really? You need to shut down your biased (which is understandable) objectivity down here. I call BS.

What you are really saying with that comment is...Us, Cowboy posters > You, Redskins posters.

Do you see any of them (boys fans) posting non stop about why they have to follow the rules over here?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you throwing stones at us. This comment evokes reaction and thus begins a cycle of back and forths and then the trouble begins and someone gets a timeout. Same thing happen on your board and Bovey reacted that started the chain of events. This is a smack talk thread against the Redskins not for us as individuals. Same for your board. It's when the name calling attacks start that derail shit. Just saying.

He's had three days to chill out, and hasn't. I don't think pointing out how childish it is to keep this going, when I have asked him multiple times in public and PM's to drop it, is going to "keep" anything going.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between this board and the Dallas board is that if I respond to a trolling Pday with profanity, Skinsdad PMs me. Asks me to curb it, and does the same to Pday. Defuses a situation. At least for a short while.

Same thing happens on the Dallas board, I'd be told to "shut the fuck up" by someone who's supposed to be a moderator.

You are told that when I have PM'd you telling you to drop it at least 5 times, told you in the forum to stop it, told you in this forum.

Something is bound to get through. Gotta try everything.

But it shows great maturity to misconstrue things and try to paint a picture that isn't there.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you throwing stones at us. This comment evokes reaction and thus begins a cycle of back and forths and then the trouble begins and someone gets a timeout. Same thing happen on your board and Bovey reacted that started the chain of events. This is a smack talk thread against the Redskins not for us as individuals. Same for your board. It's when the name calling attacks start that derail shit. Just saying.

You just couldn't do it could you, Reptec? Bye bye!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman is a supermod on this site for a reason. He works his ass off and is trusted by all the moderators. That means he works the entire site. That said, I've asked him to stay away from this board because things are obviously emotional and there isn't much room for reason.

Warpath, I asked you to stop criticizing Fordman and if you felt you couldn't do it, to just leave. Please take a final 72 hrs to decide and come back Saturday night and let us know. If you can't stop criticizing the moderators, this isn't going to work.

Let's all take a deep breath and get ready for Week 2. :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, fordman84. Really? You need to shut down your biased (which is understandable) objectivity down here. I call BS.

What you are really saying with that comment is...Us, Cowboy posters > You, Redskins posters.

Hey man....I'm glad you're still with us. God knows with the stuff you talked about preseason games this last month, I wasn't sure you could stay upright after the first 30 minutes of action last Monday. Good to see you up and on a mission to nail fordman. Pretty much what you would be all about.

in Bob we trust, he'll carry the defense, he'll carry everyone. He's Bob and look at LAST year.
:suds:

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man....I'm glad you're still with us. God knows with the stuff you talked about preseason games this last month, I wasn't sure you could stay upright after the first 30 minutes of action last Monday. Good to see you up and on a mission to nail fordman. Pretty much what you would be all about.

in Bob we trust, he'll carry the defense, he'll carry everyone. He's Bob and look at LAST year.
:suds:

Well, PeeUDay it looks like your brain is trying to convince you of something I supposedly said as truth, and it has once again let you down. What a surprise that is.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fordman84, no offense...but, you're like my ex wife with my credit card in hand, and it's maxed out every month! So basically, Skins fans are screwed with you being a mod.

I know you do your best to impartial, and I appreciate that. But, deep down as a Cowboy fan...you know that's not possible.

HTTR!

:bullshit:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, just because your smack is far less superior to mine doesn't make it anyless right. Me Tarzan you Jane so to speak. Me Batman you Robin same thing.

I'm gonna have a lot more fun than you talking smack this year Tarzan. Your team sucks and mine doesn't

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have a lot more fun than you talking smack this year Tarzan. Your team sucks and mine doesn't

Season is still young Skippy.. we can revisit that in a few weeks and see if you still feel that way.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to it Shark. Noticed you didn't say after THIS week though lol

Any one proclaiming greatness or failure after week one for either of these teams is frankly a moron. Dallas won by five points off of six turnovers. Good deal for them. But NY still stitched that defense for almost 450 yards in the air. Not a good sign for the cover two.

Washington lost by six points after giving up nine points on turn overs. Looked rusty and gave up a ton of yards on the ground. Also not good.

Like I said, talk to me in a few weeks and we can revisit which team is great and which one sucks. If I were you I would be more worried about the Chiefs and their #1 defense in the league currently though.

Just saying.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one proclaiming greatness or failure after week one for either of these teams is frankly a moron. Dallas won by five points off of six turnovers. Good deal for them. But NY still stitched that defense for almost 450 yards in the air. Not a good sign for the cover two.

Washington lost by six points after giving up nine points on turn overs. Looked rusty and gave up a ton of yards on the ground. Also not good.

Like I said, talk to me in a few weeks and we can revisit which team is great and which one sucks. If I were you I would be more worried about the Chiefs and their #1 defense in the league currently though.

Just saying.

Skins won't be number 1 in D after this week....Cowboys year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, PeeUDay it looks like your brain is trying to convince you of something I supposedly said as truth, and it has once again let you down. What a surprise that is.

“Turn on ESPN tonight @ 7:00, and you get to watch the NFCE Champions play LIVE! Cool thing about it if you look real close, you will clearly see the Redskins have a better TEAM than the Cowboys even with a second string quarterback at the helm...
HAIL!”

“Our 3rd string quarterback just led the defending NFCE Champions 86 yards in their first possession against the Bills...Wow, this TEAM has a chance to be really good.
We got depth. We got heart. And, we got RG3.
HAIL yes we do!”

20-7 Redskins at the half.
299 total yards
203 passing
96 rushing
...all this without RG3, and our 2nd string quarterback. You may not be worried, but the real Cowboys and the rest of the NFCE are not looking forward to playing this TEAM.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman is a supermod on this site for a reason. He works his ass off and is trusted by all the moderators. That means he works the entire site. That said, I've asked him to stay away from this board because things are obviously emotional and there isn't much room for reason.

Warpath, I asked you to stop criticizing Fordman and if you felt you couldn't do it, to just leave. Please take a final 72 hrs to decide and come back Saturday night and let us know. If you can't stop criticizing the moderators, this isn't going to work.

Let's all take a deep breath and get ready for Week 2. :suds:

As someone who has been around here for awhile and happens to have opposite political views and sports teams of Ford, I'll second what Hammer wrote above. He's a good moderator and a nice guy and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yeah I know, but try to be better than those scum.

Wonder if I can get a banner at the top that says FTTR"
Fordman84

Just to let my Skins brethren know how one of the "supermods" really feels about us Redskins fans. Sure it's a level playing field, and clearly the "supermod" is using his unbiased authority when he post over here. I have a lot more respect for those posters who are at least consistent of who they are..whether they are posting in our house or theirs.

Fordman84 if you came out and said "I hate the Redskins, and loathe their fans". Honestly, I have no problem with that. But, don't deny it. And, don't make it seem as though you are an impartial moderator. Because we both know that's simply not true.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we have a smack talk thread. Our rules are almost exactly the same as yours. Our posters just don't complain when they are enforced or play the same game my 2 year old does of "but why doesn't he get in trouble".

So Ford, you also put a ban on the Dallas poster that Warpath was going back and forth with?

I got no problem with rules and the enforcement of them. I got a real problem with selective enforcement. It takes two (or more) to tango. If you want to stop some jawing back and forth that has gone on too long, great. Do it both ways equally.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are told that when I have PM'd you telling you to drop it at least 5 times, told you in the forum to stop it, told you in this forum.

Something is bound to get through. Gotta try everything.

But it shows great maturity to misconstrue things and try to paint a picture that isn't there.

Look guys , reptec and warpath . i love you guys as posters . i wish you guys would not fall on your swords for something silly .

if you want to talk trash then do so on the smack talk thread they have . and if the moderator (fordman) feels that things are getting out of hand and he tells you to quit then simply do it and make your case here on this board .

i am sorry but as far as i can tell after being warned about things ukcowboy pday and the others have done what i have asked

they have respected that this is our board and our rules . you guys have to do the same if you go there

i strongly urge and plead with you both to simply post here . i cant "protect you " sort of speak if you violate their wishes on their board

i am sure hammer has read threw the hole batch of posts and has determined you guys are in the wrong here . i think you are both good guys but dont get caught up in foolishness .

i try to be fair but i am not perfect . I am sure fordman is trying to do the same . i try to avoid banning as i feel at this point it dominates the domain here . but if you dont follow the rules then what can you do

take the time given you and think about it . is it worth being banned ? you like talking skins football so talk it and save the principle for another day

and hammer i dont care if fordman posts here i dont care if he talks all the smack he can in this thread . all i ask is treat people with dignity and respect and avoid dropping f-bombs

i expect our posters to do the same on any other message board :suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough, skinsdad. I also have no problem with Ford posting here as it relates to football.