• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to sound like a troll here but I can see it being taken as a trollish post so instead of responding to the 0-3 thread I decided to say this here. There are six 0-3 teams. In what order do you think they stay winless. Either Pittsburgh or Minnesota have to win (I guess they can tie). Jags and NY are very unlikely to win. TB is home vs ARZ, and Wash goes to Oak.

Looking at the schedules I think Minny has the best shot at a win followed by Washington.

Leaving Jacksonville, NYG, Pitt, and TB winless.

Week 5 will only allow J-Ville and the Giants with a chance at a win since Wash, Minny, TB, and Pitt are all on their bye.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to sound like a troll here but I can see it being taken as a trollish post so instead of responding to the 0-3 thread I decided to say this here. There are six 0-3 teams. In what order do you think they stay winless. Either Pittsburgh or Minnesota have to win (I guess they can tie). Jags and NY are very unlikely to win. TB is home vs ARZ, and Wash goes to Oak.

Looking at the schedules I think Minny has the best shot at a win followed by Washington.

Leaving Jacksonville, NYG, Pitt, and TB winless.

Week 5 will only allow J-Ville and the Giants with a chance at a win since Wash, Minny, TB, and Pitt are all on their bye.

Actually, I NY and Skins have best shot at winning next week. Not sure which I'd place first. Depends on how much our D gives up.

Was going to go with Steelers, than re thought it as its in Minny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Colors it has definetly not been the start I was looking for but luckily no one in the division is 3-0 so it makes it a little easier to get back in the race. Gotta win in Oakland next week and again hope everyone else in the division loses.

Looking at Washington's schedule, it will be very hard for them to get back in the race. They could not afford an 0-3 start. They had to be 2-1 at this point and should have been 3-1 given their soft schedule to start the season. Going into this season most would have thought they would beat the Eagles and Lions both at Week 3's end and at least be 2-2 or 3-1 heading into a brutal October following a bye. Now they are staring at 1-3 or 0-4 in the face. Losing at Oakland is adeath sentence. They still have games @ Dallas, @ ATL, @ Denver, @ NY, @ Philly (already lost to them at home), @ Minnesota. They also have tough home games against the Bears, Cowboys, Giants, and Chargers.

Just think about this, if Washington got hot in the 2nd half of the season like last year, this is the road it will be for them:

@ Minnesota

@ Philly

Vs San Francisco

Vs New York Giants

Vs Kansas City

@ ATL

Vs Dallas

@ New York Giants

That is brutal. If the Redskins want to win the NFCE this year, they would more than likely have to win in NY to do so. As bad as the Giants have been, you have to think a team like them won't stay bad long. They always seem to respond whenever Coughlin is under fire.

No, their season isn't over by any means. I don't expect the Redskins to continue playing bad and I expect RG3 to get better as he gets healthier, but asking them to come out of this hole with such a brutal schedule is asking a lot. No, no team in the NFCE is a world beater and probably no team will run away with it, but the Redskins (and the Giants) have dug themselves in a deep hole while having such tough schedules left. The Redskins losing three conference games right off the bat also hurts their playoff chances making it to where they HAVE to win the NFCE in order to make it.

You know and I know that Washington would be in much much better shape if they were 2-1 at this point. The Cowboys have some very tough games coming up and could lose the next three or four games, but I'm sure as hell glad they are 2-1 and not 0-3.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I see Steelers and Skins have best shot at winning next week. Not sure which I'd place first. Depends on how much our D gives up.

Steelers were my third choice, but only because they are playing Minny. I went with Minny because they are home.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for to me to believe that the Giants are that bad. Then again, Eli does have to face KCs defense, so maybe you are right Manster. They actually seem to have more problems than is right now, hard as it is to believe.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup earl. You summed it up well. It ain't pretty for us. If our D continues to perform as it has, we are in deep trouble.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant's got Philly in week 5. Maybe they get their win there.
J_Ville may not get a win. They do have some winnable games,but their easier games are all on the road.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to believe any team would go 0-16 but Jax is sure making a case for it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I NY and Skins have best shot at winning next week. Not sure which I'd place first. Depends on how much our D gives up.

Was going to go with Steelers, than re thought it as its in Minny.

I'd bet the house the Skins win next week....big. Yall's D goes against a read option QB in practice that is light years ahead of the kid in Oakland

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good points Earl. I only expected one of the teams in the east to come out for the playoffs this year anyway. Looking at all three team schedules (ny, dallas, skins) the last 7 games are all going to be tough, and it is divisional games for week 16 and 17. I believe it will come down to the last week and who could play spoiler.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet the house the Skins win next week....big. Yall's D goes against a read option QB in practice that is light years ahead of the kid in Oakland
Have you watched the Defense this year??? I wouldn't bet a nickel they'll win in Oakland

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Washington's schedule, it will be very hard for them to get back in the race. They could not afford an 0-3 start. They had to be 2-1 at this point and should have been 3-1 given their soft schedule to start the season. Going into this season most would have thought they would beat the Eagles and Lions both at Week 3's end and at least be 2-2 or 3-1 heading into a brutal October following a bye. Now they are staring at 1-3 or 0-4 in the face. Losing at Oakland is adeath sentence. They still have games @ Dallas, @ ATL, @ Denver, @ NY, @ Philly (already lost to them at home), @ Minnesota. They also have tough home games against the Bears, Cowboys, Giants, and Chargers.

Just think about this, if Washington got hot in the 2nd half of the season like last year, this is the road it will be for them:

@ Minnesota

@ Philly

Vs San Francisco

Vs New York Giants

Vs Kansas City

@ ATL

Vs Dallas

@ New York Giants

That is brutal. If the Redskins want to win the NFCE this year, they would more than likely have to win in NY to do so. As bad as the Giants have been, you have to think a team like them won't stay bad long. They always seem to respond whenever Coughlin is under fire.

No, their season isn't over by any means. I don't expect the Redskins to continue playing bad and I expect RG3 to get better as he gets healthier, but asking them to come out of this hole with such a brutal schedule is asking a lot. No, no team in the NFCE is a world beater and probably no team will run away with it, but the Redskins (and the Giants) have dug themselves in a deep hole while having such tough schedules left. The Redskins losing three conference games right off the bat also hurts their playoff chances making it to where they HAVE to win the NFCE in order to make it.

You know and I know that Washington would be in much much better shape if they were 2-1 at this point. The Cowboys have some very tough games coming up and could lose the next three or four games, but I'm sure as hell glad they are 2-1 and not 0-3.
Can't refute anything you posted. The skins suck right now no matter how you slice it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched the Defense this year??? I wouldn't bet a nickel they'll win in Oakland

That's the thing Kevin. I was ripped this summer for saying on the Dallas board the skins will win 6 to 8 games because of the defense. I said track meets were the only games winnable and that didn't hold well in the NFL.

No wonder bovey quit after week one. The norm in Washington wasn't the last ten games last season IF you gave any thought to the defense you guys were filling this season. Yet....all summer long it was RG3 this and RG3 that from 99.9% of you guys. It's as if you guys were football brain dead or actually thought one guy could win football games.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing Kevin. I was ripped this summer for saying on the Dallas board the skins will win 6 to 8 games because of the defense. I said track meets were the only games winnable and that didn't hold well in the NFL.

No wonder bovey quit after week one. The norm in Washington wasn't the last ten games last season IF you gave any thought to the defense you guys were filling this season. Yet....all summer long it was RG3 this and RG3 that from 99.9% of you guys. It's as if you guys were football brain dead or actually thought one guy could win football games.
I thought there was no way the D could be worse than last year. And so far I'm 100% wrong. It's one thing to get beat for a big play now and again but this is the worst tackling group I've ever seen. Hell the Sooners D could probably do just as well. This year has been painful to watch for sure. This week will tell the story as the raiders O isn't as good as the teams they've faced so far so if they get 500 yards of offense against them put a fork in them even if the skins manage to win the game.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two games I give 60% of the blame on the offense and the OC for play calling and execution. The defense was on the field most of the game and they struggled to get stops. This last game was better and the offense did what it needed, but we need to run the ball more up the middle. The defense made some plays, but Detroit did have some nice drives that when they got in our end they scored. We had a couple of drives that we should have scored on that would have given us the lead at the time and the defense could have been more aggressive with the lead. When you are tied or behind by one score you play a little tighter trying not to let them score again. We do not have the talent (rookies and people playing different positions) to do this consistently. When we get our other defensive players off suspension then it should help in all aspects of the game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two games I give 60% of the blame on the offense and the OC for play calling and execution. The defense was on the field most of the game and they struggled to get stops. This last game was better and the offense did what it needed, but we need to run the ball more up the middle. The defense made some plays, but Detroit did have some nice drives that when they got in our end they scored. We had a couple of drives that we should have scored on that would have given us the lead at the time and the defense could have been more aggressive with the lead. When you are tied or behind by one score you play a little tighter trying not to let them score again. We do not have the talent (rookies and people playing different positions) to do this consistently. When we get our other defensive players off suspension then it should help in all aspects of the game.

If you say so.
I think you can get better but I saw bottom 5 pass defense from the start. Fletcher looked a step slow last season. It better get better or 6 wins becomes a reality. That's not anything but NFL football 101 logic.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way the skins are playing. I do think they will be more competitive in the division games. Rg3 really looks slow compared to last season. He keeps running will end up on ir

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way the skins are playing. I do think they will be more competitive in the division games. Rg3 really looks slow compared to last season. He keeps running will end up on ir
I still do not get the "If he runs he will end up on IR" people. On all of his runs yesterday he did not even take a hit. He does need to learn to slide better. This would be like saying if Romo keeps passing out of the pocket he will end up on IR. He takes more hits in the pocket then RG3 on a designed run. Will he run 15 times a game, NO, but he needs to have it in his arsenal to keep defenses honest. He played a good game except on the INT he should have got rid of it sooner, and the fumble he just needs to learn to anticipate the slide better. It looks like he was in the middle of thinking about sliding or make another move. I thought he moved better then he has and it is just going to get better the more he plays.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas!

Do you think our defense will be improved especially with Orakpo, Caricker, Merriweather and Nield all coming back from season ending injuries? I will say this I think our passrush should be improved/much better.
NOPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao