• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Ryan Leaf in his pre-season games as a rookie. Just saying. Heck, ill let the kids have their fun over there in believing they have Johnny Unitas reincarnated... as a brother.
if Prescott is 1/2 the player Unitas was I will take that and laugh to the bank all day

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are on to something at QB.

Romo is their starter until he's injured. After that Prescott will be the starter even after Romo gets healthy.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, this is a Redskins thread ?
What, were not allowed to talk about other players? SportsHoopla is strict but not that strict, and for the record, this thread was started to giggle at Cowboy fans for creaming their pants over a QB playing preseason games. Thats all were doing.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, were not allowed to talk about other players? SportsHoopla is strict but not that strict, and for the record, this thread was started to giggle at Cowboy fans for creaming their pants over a QB playing preseason games. Thats all were doing.

I was being sarcastic.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh::L
Yea thats it. Listen, im offended by the shirt on the guy on the left.:L...
HaHa, that's my Son, 1st Team All State SS this year. Starts practice with his college next week, packing him up today. Dad may have to dust off the bottle of Crown when he's gone:Cry:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok lets move this to the smack talk thread now

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams say they ran 90 percent Man defense in the dallas game if this is true u can dink and donk all day long lol haha
:scratch: You need to read that Football 101 play book again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We said the same thing about Griffin after the first season. How quickly things can change.
And Cousins after first full season too:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts to offset Reptec's vision of what he thinks Cowboy fans are saying:
I am damn pumped at how Dak has played so far. How could I not be? The poise, the accuracy (I kept hearing he wasn't accurate after the draft), the incredible deep ball touch so far, the running ability, etc. I'm very impressed and did not expect him to come out like this.

But yeah, of course we know it's only 4 Qtrs of preseason Football and in the big picture it means nothing other than what COULD happen. There is no chance he is the Cowboy QB this year sans injury and no sane Cowboy fan wants to see Romo go down or think Dak is going to be a great player based on what we've seen. But, first and second test passed, no? Looks like a good pick so far for a 4th rounder, no? Give him and the games the same weight as you would (whatever that may be for each of you) if he was 0-10 with 5 pick sixes and you wanted to say how he was a wasted pick and will never be any good. And thanks for Alfred Morris.:suds:

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts to offset Reptec's vision of what he thinks Cowboy fans are saying:
I am damn pumped at how Dak has played so far. How could I not be? The poise, the accuracy (I kept hearing he wasn't accurate after the draft), the incredible deep ball touch so far, the running ability, etc. I'm very impressed and did not expect him to come out like this.

But yeah, of course we know it's only 4 Qtrs of preseason Football and in the big picture it means nothing other than what COULD happen. There is no chance he is the Cowboy QB this year sans injury and no sane Cowboy fan wants to see Romo go down or think Dak is going to be a great player based on what we've seen. But, first and second test passed, no? Looks like a good pick so far for a 4th rounder, no? Give him and the games the same weight as you would (whatever that may be for each of you) if he was 0-10 with 5 pick sixes and you wanted to say how he was a wasted pick and will never be any good. And thanks for Alfred Morris.:suds:
To our credit RG3 was rookie of the year, had a perfect game in QB rating his first year, propelled us to the playoffs, beat your simple team twice (the last one sending ya home packing)... only thing that stopped him was a mangled leg. We had every reason to believe he was the real deal. Same thing with Cousins. Dude set just about every Redskin record as a QB (I believe 7), played as good if not better than any other QB last half of the season, propelled us into the playoffs. Only thing that stopped him was a bone-headed play by Jackson and a non-existent running game. We have every reason to believe he is the real deal. Might flop... might not... but we have a valid reason to believe. I'm just giggling at you all for hoisting up Dax as black Jesus. There have been countless QB's that excel in pre-season football for what ever reason. No pressure, 2nd and 3rd teamers, lack of game-planning... etc...

Listen, I'm not saying the dude ain't playing light's out and he may prove to be a solid QB for you guys... I just found it funny the excitement of something/anything positive out of a backup QB, is all. More than likely he will start a game or few during the season so we'll get a better picture of the QB he is. Might flop... might not.

As for Morris I'm not happy you got him but business is business in the NFL. He stunk for us last year. He probably should be your starter over the rook.

All good.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stunk for us last year.
lol...define stunk?

hard to understand letting him walk when he wanted to stay. This guy defines quality as you folks know. I would think this guy has a place on 99% of the rosters out there and it's funny Washington isn't one of um.

You're right about one thing...It is all Good!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To our credit RG3 was rookie of the year, had a perfect game in QB rating his first year, propelled us to the playoffs, beat your simple team twice (the last one sending ya home packing)... only thing that stopped him was a mangled leg. We had every reason to believe he was the real deal. Same thing with Cousins. Dude set just about every Redskin record as a QB (I believe 7), played as good if not better than any other QB last half of the season, propelled us into the playoffs. Only thing that stopped him was a bone-headed play by Jackson and a non-existent running game. We have every reason to believe he is the real deal. Might flop... might not... but we have a valid reason to believe. I'm just giggling at you all for hoisting up Dax as black Jesus. There have been countless QB's that excel in pre-season football for what ever reason. No pressure, 2nd and 3rd teamers, lack of game-planning... etc...

Listen, I'm not saying the dude ain't playing light's out and he may prove to be a solid QB for you guys... I just found it funny the excitement of something/anything positive out of a backup QB, is all. More than likely he will start a game or few during the season so we'll get a better picture of the QB he is. Might flop... might not.

As for Morris I'm not happy you got him but business is business in the NFL. He stunk for us last year. He probably should be your starter over the rook.

All good.

Hate to say it, but if Morris stunk... Jones totally shit the bed. And people can say it was a business decision. But not resigning Morris had everything to do with SMGM ego and the desire to show that Jones could be a feature back. Not resigning Morris is going to bite us in the ass, Jones is a backup/change of pace back who cant stay healthy. And we are going to live or die on Cousins ability this year, because we dont have a running game.