• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slot WRs

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need one...
We need a quick, agile match-up nightmare to stick in the slot. Watching guys like Sammy Watkins, Wes Welker and more shows what a weapon they can be. I hope we stick JC Coleman in the slot some when he gets here. We need someone who can run that short cross and then get yards after the catch. We have rather large receivers who are good on the outside but we struggle a lot in the slot play.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need one...
We need a quick, agile match-up nightmare to stick in the slot. Watching guys like Sammy Watkins, Wes Welker and more shows what a weapon they can be. I hope we stick JC Coleman in the slot some when he gets here. We need someone who can run that short cross and then get yards after the catch. We have rather large receivers who are good on the outside but we struggle a lot in the slot play.
Mangus

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need one...

didnt you hear? Danny Coale was JUST LIKE Wes Welker

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt you hear? Danny Coale was JUST LIKE Wes Welker

DC was pretty different than Wes in reality. He is more like Ricky Prhoel or however you spell his name.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC was pretty different than Wes in reality. He is more like Ricky Prhoel or however you spell his name.

are you seriously doing this? or did you forget jordan shipley too?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We need one...

In all seriousness depending on how he develops Im hoping Demetri Knowles is that guy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have some fatass (used as a complement) O-linemen that blow up opposes defenders than some little elf running around in the slot.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to see Boykin and Coale leaving, I really think we will be OK at WR next year IF (big IF) Marcus Davis finally steps up to the plate and plays up..consistently. The guy has major measurables and if he didn't take every other play off could be just as dominant as any WR that has ever played at VT. With Davis, Coles (showed alot this year), and Roberts hopefully returning at 100% (I know he is listed as a SR but has another year right???) we should be good for next year. All of those guys will be gone after next year so we need to break in some young guys ASAP...

As far as Lockhart goes...aren't there rules against him re-committing to the U without the permission of VT? I know we had this happen a few years ago with someone..Leon Mackey I believe who ended up somewhere else (USC-e or TTech???). I thought we let him out of his commitment because he went out of conference. I thought I remember that he wanted to go to Clemson but would have lost a year of eligibility...Anyone remember that??

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As much as I hate to see Boykin and Coale leaving, I really think we will be OK at WR next year IF (big IF) Marcus Davis finally steps up to the plate and plays up..consistently. The guy has major measurables and if he didn't take every other play off could be just as dominant as any WR that has ever played at VT. With him, Coles showing great promise this year, and Roberts hopefully returning at 100% (I know he is listed as a SR but has another year right???) we shoulld be good for next year. All of those guys will be gone after next year so we need to break in some young guys

As far as Lockhart goes...aren't there rules against him re-committing to the U without the permission of VT? I know we had this happen a few years ago with someone..Leon Mackey I believe who ended up somewhere else USC-e or TTech. I thought we let him bolt because he went out of conference.

You are correct that Roberts has another year, i just worry what happens if one of those guys goes down. Im pretty sure that Smiling and Fuller are the only other players on the roster that have gotten time @ receiver. Knowles has played but i think only on special teams. After the first 3 Reeves may be our next best receiver.

Lockharts LOI is void because he didnt qualify.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that Roberts has another year, i just worry what happens if one of those guys goes down.

Lockharts LOI is void because he didnt qualify.

OK..I thought he just took a greyshirt offer and prepped. Is he definitely going to Miami?? It would make sense unfortunately, he would be much closer to home. I thought I remember him wanting to go there but never had the offer come in (from Da U) when we offered.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OK..I thought he just took a greyshirt offer and prepped. Is he definitely going to Miami?? It would make sense unfortunately, he would be much closer to home. I thought I remember him wanting to go there but never had the offer come in (from Da U) when we offered.

I really dont know anything more about his situation than what has been posted here :noidea:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

80-20 he is gone, but we have an in-home with him to try and convince him otherwise. He flaked out a little at signing day last year too. As far as I am concerned, I really would focus on guys who want to be here, but that is just me.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80-20 he is gone, but we have an in-home with him to try and convince him otherwise. He flaked out a little at signing day last year too. As far as I am concerned, I really would focus on guys who want to be here, but that is just me.

Agreed. Sounds like he had a good year at PG and Miami has noticed. Hopefully they can sell NCAA sanctions for Miami and early playing time at VT. But he is a Florida guy so this doesn't shock me. I am a bit concerned after next year at this position. Haven't heard much about Smiling, Knowles or the others.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Sounds like he had a good year at PG and Miami has noticed. Hopefully they can sell NCAA sanctions for Miami and early playing time at VT. But he is a Florida guy so this doesn't shock me. I am a bit concerned after next year at this position. Haven't heard much about Smiling, Knowles or the others.

All I know is that Knowles dressed for a few games this year (I think mostly for his KO return abilities). By all accounts he has some serious speed, hopefully he can be a deep threat for us in the next few years.

EDIT: I think Smiling was gonna get a good shot at making the depth chart this year, but he broke his hand or something.