• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skinsdad....

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The'draft'this'year was 2 weeks later then normal never never again goodell. I be happy with all the picks I just want this draged out freaking draft over.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The'draft'this'year was 2 weeks later then normal never never again goodell. I be happy with all the picks I just want this draged out freaking draft over.

Dont be shocked if this is a semi permanent change. Godell is looking to make the NFL 24/7 365. the more he can spread out the schedule, the more he will. I expect the regional Combines to be televised events within the next two seasons. And he is already talking about making the draft a four day event.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be shocked if this is a semi permanent change. Godell is looking to make the NFL 24/7 365. the more he can spread out the schedule, the more he will. I expect the regional Combines to be televised events within the next two seasons. And he is already talking about making the draft a four day event.
Noooooooooooooo:gaah:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it better when the draft started 4 saturaday till about 11 pm then on Sunday 9 am to 6pm . But I guess its about revanue now witch inturn brings higher cap

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it better when the draft started 4 saturaday till about 11 pm then on Sunday 9 am to 6pm . But I guess its about revenue now witch inturn brings higher cap

Thats the funny thing... the draft isnt really a money maker. Tickets are free. Until a few years ago when the NFL launched its own network, only ESPN was broadcasting it. The draft is what you would consider a loss leader. It likely cost them more to put it on than they could ever possibly make from allowing ESPN to broadcast it. But it gets geeks like us primed up for some football four months before the season starts and thus helps keep NFL football a 365 day a year attraction. So even if it cost the NFL a few million to put on the combine and the draft, its well worth it to keep the $9 BILLION dollar a year machine attractive all year round.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the funny thing... the draft isnt really a money maker. Tickets are free. Until a few years ago when the NFL launched its own network, only ESPN was broadcasting it. The draft is what you would consider a loss leader. It likely cost them more to put it on than they could ever possibly make from allowing ESPN to broadcast it. But it gets geeks like us primed up for some football four months before the season starts and thus helps keep NFL football a 365 day a year attraction. So even if it cost the NFL a few million to put on the combine and the draft, its well worth it to keep the $9 BILLION dollar a year machine attractive all year round.

TV Advertising $$$$$$!