• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

skins fans having to root for dallas

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You Dallas. Giants should bench their starters at halftime. There is no excuse now. At home. Lets go!!!!

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys were obviously terrified of playing to win last night...
The Cowboys could have played a team (Det) in the 2rd who had everything to play for last night and were dismembered by the Cowboys... yet the Cowboys risk injury and elect to perhaps face in the 2nd rd a team who should have beat them in the first match up and in the 2nd match up saw Cousins light em up for almost 500 yrds. Not too bright, but den again we are talking bout Jerry.. and we all kno... it's what he do.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys were obviously terrified of playing to win last night...

Just you wait. If the Skins should see the Cowboys in the playoffs. We're gonna have them pertified with fear. Due to our awesome and historically shitty 3rd down defense, wet paperbag with the bottom torn out run defense. And our one of a kind skillset of getting dug an extra 5 - 7 yards after initial contact on every other tackle we make or attempt.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just you wait. If the Skins should see the Cowboys in the playoffs. We're gonna have them pertified with fear. Due to our awesome and historically shitty 3rd down defense, wet paperbag with the bottom torn out run defense. And our one of a kind skillset of getting dug an extra 5 - 7 yards after initial contact on every other tackle we make or attempt.
If, somehow, Dallas and the skins play again this year and Garrett doesn't run Elliott 30 times against our defense, Dallas fans should tar and feather him. Not not would he gash us for 200+ yds and multiple TDs, but it would also serve to keep our offense off the field. I bet Dallas could beat us without throwing more than 10 passes.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys could have played a team (Det) in the 2rd who had everything to play for last night and were dismembered by the Cowboys... yet the Cowboys risk injury and elect to perhaps face in the 2nd rd a team who should have beat them in the first match up and in the 2nd match up saw Cousins light em up for almost 500 yrds. Not too bright, but den again we are talking bout Jerry.. and we all kno... it's what he do.
Dallas isn't afraid of anyone, and they certainly aren't going to change what they do because they are worried about facing a team they've already beaten twice LOL. The Redskins have a punchers chance against anyone because of their offense, but to get to Dallas, they will have to likely beat the NYG, which is no given, then beat the Seahawks in Seattle, which is POSSIBLE but not likely. If you do all that, you'll see a Dallas team, in their house, that is fresh and had two weeks to prepare. Yeah, quaking in their boots, I'm sure

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas isn't afraid of anyone, and they certainly aren't going to change what they do because they are worried about facing a team they've already beaten twice LOL. The Redskins have a punchers chance against anyone because of their offense, but to get to Dallas, they will have to likely beat the NYG, which is no given, then beat the Seahawks in Seattle, which is POSSIBLE but not likely. If you do all that, you'll see a Dallas team, in their house, that is fresh and had two weeks to prepare. Yeah, quaking in their boots, I'm sure

I would like to play Seattle instead of ATL and GB. Again, special thank you to you guys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to play Seattle instead of ATL and GB. Again, special thank you to you guys.
I think the Redskins would have a shot to beat Seattle. It would come down to whether or not Cousins could have a big game and not turn it over against Seattle's secondary. At least you'd find out once and for all if he's worth a long term deal

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like being a 10 year old kid and waiting for 4 months for Christmas to get a GI Joe with the eagle eye and the kung grip. Christmas comes, you get it and its all good. You go to sleep that night, wake up the next morning to find the family dog has chewed the kung fu grip all to hell and bit the eagle eye right outta Joe's head.

:pound::pound:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Redskins would have a shot to beat Seattle. It would come down to whether or not Cousins could have a big game and not turn it over against Seattle's secondary. At least you'd find out once and for all if he's worth a long term deal

With Earl Thomas out it makes a world of difference. I would think the Cowboys would want to see us again. KC already earned a long term deal. Should have 30 total TD's for the year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Earl Thomas out it makes a world of difference. I would think the Cowboys would want to see us again. KC already earned a long term deal. Should have 30 total TD's for the year.
The Giants foremost, and the Redskins would be tough because they are division rivals. I think having a bye and being relatively healthy would be the biggest advantage for Dallas if they see them first. It's gonna be a real interesting week 17

Agree on Cousins, was really talking about their front office. Just making it hard on themselves.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If, somehow, Dallas and the skins play again this year and Garrett doesn't run Elliott 30 times against our defense, Dallas fans should tar and feather him. Not not would he gash us for 200+ yds and multiple TDs, but it would also serve to keep our offense off the field. I bet Dallas could beat us without throwing more than 10 passes.

I hear ya, but I don't know if putting Dax on the shelf that much would be necessary or wise really. I think in some ways he's hurt the Skins more than Elliot has. His passing stats against us are modest when comparing them to today's passing standards, but they have been effecient as all fuck.

54 att/39 comp, 72.2%, 487 yards, 9.0 ypa, 1 TD 0 INT. 106.2 QB rating

The real kick in the head might be that 24 of those passes have went for 1st downs and the Cowboys have only faced 20 3rd down situations (only faced 8 3rd situations in game 2) 10 of which they've converted. Throw in Dax's 6 rushes/45 yards/7.5 ypc/2 rushing TDs against the Skins and he's hasn't hampered the Cowboys in any shape, form or fashion.

We haven't done shit to disrupt or really even disturb the Cowboys on offense. And the irritating thing is Dallas' defense hasn't done shit really to disrupt or disturb the Skins on offense except in one area. The red-zone. Where the Skins are 4/11 in the two games and they are 7/9 in the red-zone.

Now it isn't fair, not by a damn sight, but if we do meet up in the playoffs and things continue to trend as they have. The only way we're winning is by our offense capitalizing pretty much on every chance they get the ball. Or by at least keeping pace with the Dallas offense. We can't go FG for us vs TD for them. Which is what we've done in some way both games.

Or we have to hope for one of those it just wasn't the Cowboys day type games and I will still bet dollatrs to donuts we will need to score 6 points more times than we score 3 points.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I stumbled across the Smack Talk thread. :trash:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear ya, homey. Even though they clearly showed themselves to be the superior team that night. It wasn't like the Skins were blown out against Carolina. A play by the offense here or a stop/turnover by the defense there and who knows. I was disappoionted as well in the lacluster way they played against the Panthers. I didn't get mad though, not really. Its the first Dallas game and the Cincy game for me moreso than any other games. The Dallas game because of all the plays that were there, like the pass to Dotson. If KC throws that earlier or just where Dotson doesn't have to stop and wait on the ball spo long. And Cincy game was like someone was just playing with my emotionsThe missed FG was bad enough, but when the defe4nse got the ball back. I just knew the Skins were gonna pull that one out, but.............

If someone would've came to me before the start of the season and said. The Skins are going to have back to back winning seasons for the first time since the 1996 and 1997 seasons or 19 years ago, and they will regardless what happens next Sunday. As well as said and will make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row if they win their last game of the regular season. I would've been hyped. But seeing how its played out and all the opportunties we've let slip away time after time. I'm not near as happy as I would've been back then.had the offer actually been made.

Then throw in how out and out shitty the defense has been when it comes to getting off the field on 3rd down, the shitty tackling and how passive we can be defensively. The red-zone issues, FG kicking going south at the v ery worst time possible against Cincy. And to top it off, possibly being no closer to having a long term answer at the QB spot.

Its like being a 10 year old kid and waiting for 4 months for Christmas to get a GI Joe with the eagle eye and the kung grip. Christmas comes, you get it and its all good. You go to sleep that night, wake up the next morning to find the family dog has chewed the kung fu grip all to hell and bit the eagle eye right outta Joe's head.

understand what we are , we are in year 2 of a rebuild . of course we will let winnable games slip away because we arent a top tier team yet . top tier teams win those games you mentioned , wannabees lose them . right now we are wannabees gaining experience . we are building a contender , the future , dare i say is bright

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we still actually have to beat the giants dont we ? perhaps our focus should be there

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF this team doesnt come onto the field Sunday with a serious purpose and kick the Giants in the nuts early.... every one needs to be questioned. IM not really buying into the chance of the Lions/Packers game ending in a tie. Winner gets a home playoffs game. A tie means Detroit gets to go on the road... likely to Seattle. thinking the Lions would rather avoid that and will play for the win.

Bottom line its win or clean out your lockers time for Washington.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its in our court , either we are a playoff team or we are pretenders

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple - win or go home.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You Dallas. Giants should bench their starters at halftime. There is no excuse now. At home. Lets go!!!!

If we are banking on the Giants benching starters at any point, we have already lost this game. The only thing Jon Mara enjoys more than being Roger Godells puppet master, is pissing off Dan Snyder. You can bet we will likely get Hochuli as a ref crew, and he will instruct his coach that he wants this team to lose badly and end our season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are banking on the Giants benching starters at any point, we have already lost this game. The only thing Jon Mara enjoys more than being Roger Godells puppet master, is pissing off Dan Snyder. You can bet we will likely get Hochuli as a ref crew, and he will instruct his coach that he wants this team to lose badly and end our season.

Look at what happened to Carr. There are fools if they let him play.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what happened to Carr. There are fools if they let him play.

He could sit out and tear a MCL in practice. Sure they might rest him. But IM not going to count on that. Like I said, I think we lose this game by 3.