• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2015-2016 NFL prospect chat

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher and Snead won't draft a tackle to replace Robinson. We have to accept that fact unfortunately. The offense needs a QB and #1 receiver. I like Doctson and Treadwell, they both have that look of being #1 types. Doctson might take some time to adjust to running NFL routes. I still like Goff, but I doubt he lasts or that the Rams draft a QB.

I'm just curious what they do in free agency. If they can make a play for Jeffrey, then I'd hope they would try and get a MLB or top tier TE.

Rams will probably stick with Saffold at LG and hope GRob learns how to pass block next year. I say combine their forces at LG. if a good LT prospect falls to the Rams at 15, I would hope they jump on it.

If not, I'll take Doctson. Treadwell will be the 1st WR off the board.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll take Alshon all day but he may want to go somewhere with a good QB.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Laurinaitus, Cook, and a 4th rounder to Cleveland for Joe Thomas and a fifth rounder. LT problem solved and we move some expensive contracts, worthless, aging vets and bring in a very good LT who is till pretty darn good.

The Browns have finally broken Joe Thomas

I can definitely see the Rams doing their trade down thing in the draft. Do we have the Eagles 2nd rounder this year?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see the Rams doing their trade down thing in the draft. Do we have the Eagles 2nd rounder this year?

Yeah, it's the 13th pick in the 2nd round I believe.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Laurinaitus, Cook, and a 4th rounder to Cleveland for Joe Thomas and a fifth rounder. LT problem solved and we move some expensive contracts, worthless, aging vets and bring in a very good LT who is till pretty darn good.

The Browns have finally broken Joe Thomas

I'd definitely do that if we could but I'd definitely feel for JL for going from one inept franchise to a more inept franchise. Do you know how much Thomas would cost against the cap by chance?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The removal of the contracts of Laurinaitus and Cook would probably pay for Thomas's contract. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe we would actually have some money left over to sign some of this year's rooks from the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2016:

Thomas: $9.5M
Laurinaitis: $6.425M
Cook: $8.3M

I can't imagine the Browns having any interest in that deal though. They have no need for JL or Cook. Maybe some combo of Foles, Saffold and Long would be more enticing.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2016:

Thomas: $9.5M
Laurinaitis: $6.425M
Cook: $8.3M

I can't imagine the Browns having any interest in that deal though. They have no need for JL or Cook. Maybe some combo of Foles, Saffold and Long would be more enticing.

Long deserves better than that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, UVA, if we rid ourselves of JL and Cook's contracts, we'd have 14 mill according to your numbers but we'd have to trade them and not cut them due to the cap hit.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hogan as well, but that javelinish wind-up of his is going to need some work. He definitely has a lot of moxie, if not the most accurate QB. I think after Goff and maybe Cook (don't know much about Wentz), it seems the rest of these guys could be put in just about any order depending on the system you want to run.
As the PAC college guy on these Rams boards, we'd do well to draft Hogan in the right spot. He fits our system much like he fits the Stanford system, heavy run complimenting QB in which the 'system' seeks to control the clock with superior run offense (See Christian Mc Caffery) and premier defensive play.

That my friends in the college ranks is Stanford ball, and so is the same for it's distant NFL cousins, Fisher ball!

:nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good fit at QB would be to trade for AJ Mc Carrion. (I recall catching some grief for suggesting drafting him late in the draft last year, maybe I'll still get some now?)

He fits the same criteria as Hogan, has a full year in the NFL with a few NFL starts (His price may go up if he gets a start or two in the post season and does well win or lose) but I wanted to draft this guy last year in the late rounds (Who ended up going in the 5th round to the Bengals) if we weren't going to go after Brett Hundley, but we went after Shawn Mannion instead. :L

Making a play to trade for this guy now, who definitely has the heart of a champion and has proven to some he belongs in the NFL, is a good fit for the Rams system as well! (Heavy doses of run; solid QB play; Quality defense; & ST paly.... Sound like Bama ball?) Maybe it's a lot less expensive than he would be this time next year?

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You strike a compelling case Vita for McCarrion but I was never impressed.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good fit at QB would be to trade for AJ Mc Carrion. (I recall catching some grief for suggesting drafting him late in the draft last year, maybe I'll still get some now?)

He fits the same criteria as Hogan, has a full year in the NFL with a few NFL starts (His price may go up if he gets a start or two in the post season and does well win or lose) but I wanted to draft this guy last year in the late rounds (Who ended up going in the 5th round to the Bengals) if we weren't going to go after Brett Hundley, but we went after Shawn Mannion instead. :L

Making a play to trade for this guy now, who definitely has the heart of a champion and has proven to some he belongs in the NFL, is a good fit for the Rams system as well! (Heavy doses of run; solid QB play; Quality defense; & ST paly.... Sound like Bama ball?) Maybe it's a lot less expensive than he would be this time next year?

In my opinion, I don't think McCarron is much different talent wise than any of the guys we currently have. Good to have as a backup but I wouldn't trust him to be a starter for an extended period of time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Jets keeping Ryan Fitzpatrick with Geno Smith and Bryce Petty waiting..
Not that the Rams would grab Fitz, but I would take him.

Draft wise, i'm on the Hogan train for a QB. We'll see if he starts moving up teams' draft boards. It's just not the draft to go hard after a QB. It's the kind of draft you wait and see who falls in your lap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Jets keeping Ryan Fitzpatrick with Geno Smith and Bryce Petty waiting..
Not that the Rams would grab Fitz, but I would take him.

Draft wise, i'm on the Hogan train for a QB. We'll see if he starts moving up teams' draft boards. It's just not the draft to go hard after a QB. It's the kind of draft you wait and see who falls in your lap.

I think they're more likely to dump Geno and re-sign Fitz. Geno is no longer waiting at this point, he missed his opportunities. The Jets set team records for WRs with Fitz at the helm this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried watching Wentz in the championship game yesterday, but I was at work, so the sound was off and I was only checking in periodically. He's a surprisingly good runner with more quicks than I expected, but otherwise he's a tough read. Division 1-AA competition, but he didn't really stand out as a super prospect (although he's surrounded by 1-AA teammates as well, so that negates the talent level issue a bit). He does actually call plays in the huddle, which puts him ahead of most spread-style QBs in their development for the pro game. Still plays a lot in the shotgun, but the NFL is going to more of that as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that OJ Howard last night? No TDs since 2013, then breaks school records lol. He really was held back by the Alabama offensive game plan previously, he's got some serious talent. He just improved his draft stock immeasurably.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that OJ Howard last night? No TDs since 2013, then breaks school records lol. He really was held back by the Alabama offensive game plan previously, he's got some serious talent. He just improved his draft stock immeasurably.

Was thinking the same thing. A few blown coverages by Clemson, but still... That guy was a beast in the college playoffs. Wonder how much he improved his draft stock.